You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The "things that make you realise you're getting older" thread

Section_31

1 hour ago, littletedwest said:

Someone at work mentioned "i heard you used to be able to smoke in pubs"

I thought well the smoking ban is recent, until I realised it was 15 years ago

Nightclubs were the worst. Like a witches cauldron of Nicotine, Sweat and Joop.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Section_31 said:

People I know keep dying. 

Lad I knew from school died the day before yesterday, he was 49. Not sure if he’d been ill but the news came as a shock. We weren’t friends really, but always bumped along ok. We did share a certain unmentionable team in common. 

His passing means my school year has now lost at least ten, there may be others I don’t know about. Seems a lot for our age to me, maybe not. 

Life really is fragile. 

YNWA Myles. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

Lad I knew from school died the day before yesterday, he was 49. Not sure if he’d been ill but the news came as a shock. We weren’t friends really, but always bumped along ok. We did share a certain unmentionable team in common. 

His passing means my school year has now lost at least ten, there may be others I don’t know about. Seems a lot for our age to me, maybe not. 

Life really is fragile. 

YNWA Myles. 

Sorry to hear that. My ex class mates include a murderer and the chairnan of a premier league club so an eclectic bunch. I don’t know how many have since died apart from the murderers victim. 

• Upvote 1

Went to an Ecobeach today at Saint Cassien lake. They had an aqua park. Like a big floating obstacle course a bit like Total Wipeout. 

Went on it twice for half an hour each sandwiching 90 minutes on a pedalo. I. Am. Fucked. Lads. 

My knees are shot, my legs are jelly and my shoulders and elbows are fucking burning. The park thing was a cunt. Went on with an 8 year old who was scaling this big green cunt in about 30 seconds before sliding down. Dickhead here decides to do the jump at one point and nearly broke my nos (below pic not me) My fat as fuck brother in law owes me €7 because he fell off the first obstacle and couldn't pull himself back on (he's not a strong fat, he's a weak fat) and some kid somersaulted into my face knocking me off a climbing wall. 

Preemptively taking a double dose of ibruprofen washed down with a beer. Going to be sore tomorrow. Old as fuck. 

IMG-20220812-WA0019.jpg

69447823_2312606112191753_5970681290846896128_n.jpg

parc-aquatique-surveille.jpg

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Went to an Ecobeach today at Saint Cassien lake. They had an aqua park. Like a big floating obstacle course a bit like Total Wipeout. 

Went on it twice for half an hour each sandwiching 90 minutes on a pedalo. I. Am. Fucked. Lads. 

My knees are shot, my legs are jelly and my shoulders and elbows are fucking burning. The park thing was a cunt. Went on with an 8 year old who was scaling this big green cunt in about 30 seconds before sliding down. Dickhead here decides to do the jump at one point and nearly broke my nos (below pic not me) My fat as fuck brother in law owes me €7 because he fell off the first obstacle and couldn't pull himself back on (he's not a strong fat, he's a weak fat) and some kid somersaulted into my face knocking me off a climbing wall. 

Preemptively taking a double dose of ibruprofen washed down with a beer. Going to be sore tomorrow. Old as fuck. 

IMG-20220812-WA0019.jpg

You're a romantic fool 

5 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

IMG-20220812-WA0019.jpg

You’re from Walton, not Atlantis. What the fuck were you thinking you silly fucker. 

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Even when I’m not working the next day, I get very anxious if I’m not in bed by 9pm and asleep as near as damn it for 10pm. It’s even worse if I haven’t got a decent book on the go.

There was a time that I felt the same way about class A drugs as I now do about an engrossing read. I wish it hadn’t taken me so many years to learn that books piss all over drugs.

11 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

There was a time that I felt the same way about class A drugs as I now do about an engrossing read. I wish it hadn’t taken me so many years to learn that books piss all over drugs.

That's not uncommon to see on some of the drugs I've had.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Getting e-mails from clothing websites about 'retro 90s clothes'.

Football managers being younger than me.

Looking at birds and thinking 'She just looks like an annoying twat' as opposed to 'I would like to open her up & violate her spine'.

• Upvote 1