You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Top Ten Conspiracy Theories

Plewggs

I agree that the 9/11 conspiracy stuff is difficult to believe especially when we watched it happen ourselves.

What leaves me a little uncomfortable and is an undeniable fact is that the CIA knew some of the terrorists (who later comitted the attacks) were travelling to the US but did not tell the FBI. Not only that but the CIA also prevented FBI agents they were working with from informing their colleagues in the US.

The Justice Department’s Office of Inspector General called the failure to pass the information to the FBI a “significant failure” but was unable to determine why the information was not passed on.

[uS Department of Justice, 11/2004, pp. 250 Here is the link to the official document http://www.usdoj.gov/oig/special/s0606/final.pdf]

In 2002, CIA Director George Tenet alluded to e-mails he claims prove the information was passed to the FBI. However, the 9/11 Congressional Inquiry and 9/11 Commission failed to find any evidence of these e-mails and the FBI claims it never received any such e-mails.

So you can only draw 2 possible conclusions from that - either the CIA fucked up monumentally, or they deliberately did not want the FBI to have the information.

Wrong. The mess in Iraq is down to far, far more than the American military's tactics and mentality. The biggest culprits are America's civilian leaders, both in the US (Rumsfeld and Cheney completely ignored the military's advice that they'd need far more troops to secure Iraq after Saddam was removed) and in Iraq (Paul Bremer's decisions to disband the Iraqi army and remove all members of the Baath Party from government posts).

If 9/11 was an inside job, then it was far and away the most impressive con trick ever pulled on the human race. If the people who pulled it off were so clever, thorough and forward-thinking, they would never have made those mistakes in Iraq. The US military top brass would have to have been thoroughly involved in 9/11 for it to come off, so they'd want a seriously good pay-off from it. Fighting a war that didn't benefit them, being ignored by the government over how to fight it, and seeing the US military stretched to breaking point doesn't look like a worthwhile pay-off to me.

Awesome as usual from Neil G

Wrong. The mess in Iraq is down to far, far more than the American military's tactics and mentality. The biggest culprits are America's civilian leaders, both in the US (Rumsfeld and Cheney completely ignored the military's advice that they'd need far more troops to secure Iraq after Saddam was removed) and in Iraq (Paul Bremer's decisions to disband the Iraqi army and remove all members of the Baath Party from government posts).

If 9/11 was an inside job, then it was far and away the most impressive con trick ever pulled on the human race. If the people who pulled it off were so clever, thorough and forward-thinking, they would never have made those mistakes in Iraq. The US military top brass would have to have been thoroughly involved in 9/11 for it to come off, so they'd want a seriously good pay-off from it. Fighting a war that didn't benefit them, being ignored by the government over how to fight it, and seeing the US military stretched to breaking point doesn't look like a worthwhile pay-off to me.

USA won in Iraq, as in Vietnam, they acheived their objectives, despite silly claims to the contrary, it is over. The contracts are signed and the bases are built.

I agree that the 9/11 conspiracy stuff is difficult to believe especially when we watched it happen ourselves.

What leaves me a little uncomfortable and is an undeniable fact is that the CIA knew some of the terrorists (who later comitted the attacks) were travelling to the US but did not tell the FBI. Not only that but the CIA also prevented FBI agents they were working with from informing their colleagues in the US.

The Justice Department’s Office of Inspector General called the failure to pass the information to the FBI a “significant failure” but was unable to determine why the information was not passed on.

[uS Department of Justice, 11/2004, pp. 250 Here is the link to the official document http://www.usdoj.gov/oig/special/s0606/final.pdf]

In 2002, CIA Director George Tenet alluded to e-mails he claims prove the information was passed to the FBI. However, the 9/11 Congressional Inquiry and 9/11 Commission failed to find any evidence of these e-mails and the FBI claims it never received any such e-mails.

So you can only draw 2 possible conclusions from that - either the CIA fucked up monumentally, or they deliberately did not want the FBI to have the information.

They have trained terrorists for years and trained Bin Laden, they called it 'al queada', they were expecting 9/11.

USA won in Iraq, as in Vietnam, they acheived their objectives, despite silly claims to the contrary, it is over. The contracts are signed and the bases are built.

That's not my point. They didn't just want Iraq, they wanted the whole of the Middle East. They're not going to get it because Iraq has broken the back of the US military and turned the American public against American military adventures abroad for a generation. Keep up.

That's not my point. They didn't just want Iraq, they wanted the whole of the Middle East. They're not going to get it because Iraq has broken the back of the US military and turned the American public against American military adventures abroad for a generation. Keep up.

....I'm ahead of you, look in the distance*waves* "Hi"

They have the whole of the middle east, Iraq is conquered so that it will never be self sufficient due to the laws they slipped in, Iran is surrounded and its enemies geographically, economically and militarily isolated. Isreal is doing fine for itself and the US, mostly itself though, oil and other resources are flowing, no democracy, jobs a good 'un.

Sure theres a few 'crazies' blowing up civis but that's not the point is it unless you beleive what they tell you? "we did it for the darkie kids"

I'm a fan of Gore Vidal so I'm inclined to believe that the americans turned a blind eye in the late 19th C in the phillipines so they could annexe the place; another blind eye for pearl harbour to enter WW2; 9/11 to take over the Middle East. Like Hitler in Poland and the Reichstag fire, Stalin and show trials etc, rulers believe that the sacrifice of few (relatively) is ok as it advances their plans for the many.

I don't really get properly into all these theories as they're too time consuming. I'll watch the odd film or documentary on a conspiracy and move on. What does annoy me a bit though is when people just get all dismissive over all conspiracies as if there's never been a conspiracy before. Pathetic. History is littered with conspiracies for fucks sake.

I'm not saying any of these conspiracy theories on that list are definitely true but peoples attitudes do my head in.

Another one i hear is "these conspiracy theorists". What's all that about? As if anyone who believes a conspiracy has ever happened, believes all conspiracies theories, "you know....that type". Bollocks. It's not a little gang with badges. What you're actually referring to is a tiny group of people who seem to think absolutely everything is a conspiracy. That's fine - these people do exist but again, it's a small number. The vast majority of people who you talk to might just suspect 1 or 2 things out of about 15 conspiracy theories they've heard and that's about it.

I'm with others who say that 9/11 conspiracy theorists are right up their with the craziest motherfuckers on the planet.

The majority of any 'evidence' they have such as the coroner saying their were no body's or 'pull it' or talk of explosions were taken at the time of the event or in the days after when nobody knew what the fuck was going on.

Take the steel thing, they bang on about jet fuel not burning hot enough to MELT steel but since when has metal needed to melt to lose it's strength?

Go grab your self a spoon and bend it back and for, as it heats up it get's easier and easier to bend as it loses it's strength. It's not melting though.

At no point was it said that America was taking over the whole of the middle east.Why did the top demolition expert in the world say that without doubt the twin towers was took down by a controlled explosion.

Why was all the steel from the buildings shipped out in 3 days without experts being allowed to examine it.

Why have every top airforce pilot say it was impossible to fly a plane in to the pentagon at the angle it came into it at.

Why was there no evidence of a plane wreck found at the pentagon.

Why was building 7 or 5 not sure which reported as collapsing at 5pm on tv when it was still standing.How did it collapse when it wasnt hit or any debris hit it at all.

Why did Bush report that he first heard of the the first plane hitting the 1st tower as he left his hotel,when it was hours later that the first tower was hit.

Why the day after the event when all planes were still not allowed airspace was Bin Ladens family flown out of the states.

Why did the government say they never thought a attack would ever happen on the twin towers when infact there had already been a practised scernario on such a event happening.

Why were over half of the so called terrorists named as either flying the planes or involved in the terrorist act,had either died years before or found to be living still in countrys outside the states.

Why did top airforce pilots say that the turning manouvere of the plane over Washington which eventually hit the pentagon,was a practically impossible manouvere for a pilot to do.They meant as in only a handful of pilots could of done this,and someone who only had a couple of hours training like the so called pilots of the hijacked planes had,would never of been able to do it.Infact they claim that only a unmanned plane would be cappable of doing such a turn.

Why if this was a terrorist act on this scale been done,has no other terroist act even on a quarter of this scale been done since.

Why was the homelands patriot act which was wrote I think in 89 and kicked out on the basis of taking peoples civil libertys away by the vast majority of congrese suddenly without warning installed overnight without a vote.Remember they had tried on other occasions to get this act through,but they brought it in straight away after the twin towers.

Why when the taliban leaders said 2 days after the event that they would hand Bin Laden over to the USA ,if the USA gave them proof that Bin Laden was involved in the terrorist act,never ever gave them this evidence.

Why in the offical FBI and CIA reports of the terrorist act is Bin Ladens name not mentioned as the brains behind it.Infact they name no one as they dont have evidence of who done it.Or to put it another way they no who done it but wont reveal to the public.

Why when the officail inquirey started on it,and the president and vice president were interviewed to give there version of events,not interviewed seperatly in which they are supposed to be by law,went into the hearing together and no version of there answers given to the public.There reply to the question as to why they entered the questioning together,was it was easier to answer the questions together.To put another way they mean so there stories would be the same,and any hard questions put to them could be answered the same and therefore them not giving diffrent answers to the questions.

Why in this day and age of vast electronic survailance equipment has Bin Laden not been found.When it is known that they could track his position in hours.

Why has no security film of the plane hitting the pentagon ever been shown.This is one of the most highly security complexs in the world.Yet they claim that no camera filmed the plane entering the airspace or hitting the building.So why was that part and only that part of the pentagon evacuated,but not into the underground bunker but to other parts of the pentagon.Why did they do this when they had no idea the pentagon would be hit,and why only that part of the pentagon and not the whole pentagon moved.

Why was the white house the power of government in the USA not evacuated when the third plane was heading straight at it and actually entered Washington airspace before pulling off the practically impossible turning manouvere.Remember that the plane was only 10 mins away from the whitehouse when it turned away.

To say the American government had nothing at all to do with the terrorist act of the twin towers is naievety of the highest level.

I am not saying that it ha d nothing to do with middle east terrorists as it probably did,remember the bomb going off at the towers I think it was 93 and the blame was put on middle east terrorists which was true.The thing was them terrorists were paid by the FBI to put the bomb there and the leader of the terrorists was on the FBI or CIA payroll at the time.You can check the facts of this out as it is in the public domain sector.

The plane in 63 over the bay of pigs was another American plot to blow up a plane over Cuba so they could invade it.Another was the USA warship they was destroyed in the fifties in Israli waters was done with the American government backing.

They have a history of pulling these kind of inncidents off to get what they want.Innocent peoples lives mean jackshit to the people in power and they never have and never will.

The sooner people take there rose tinted glasses off to what actually goe's on in the corridoors of power,then the quicker we might be able to make a difference in how the world is run.

The sad thing is to many people believe in what they are told or read for this to happen.Or in alot of cases they refuse to believe that a government could ever be behind something that involved the killing of innocent people.

Christ their's some proper conspiracist shite in their, it's like loose change nicely summarised.

Sorry, here's the 2nd part aswell : YouTube - Loose Change Final Cut Part 2

The towers collapsed so quickly because the jet fuel caught fire and went directly to the main support girders, which were made of metal. I can't remember how hot the fuel got but I do know it was well in excess of the temperature steel can cope with. Once the steel went the floor collapses, which in turn went onto the floor below and the whole building collapses like a concertina.

If you watch a few minutes of the above link from 5:00 inwards, there's a few interesting things in connection with that.

Christ their's some proper conspiracist shite in their, it's like loose change nicely summarised.

So Loose Change is just conspiracist shite, even with the amount of experts and witnesses they have speaking in it?

Where the fuck is Rebel?

He was the sort of loony that believed all this bollocks. He'd love this thread.

Oh, just for the record, I don't 'believe' that 9/11 was in inside job, but there's some really fucked up things connected with it that don't seem to add up.

So Loose Change is just conspiracist shite, even with the amount of experts and witnesses they have speaking in it?

Which version of Loose change?

The one with the first set of conspiracies or the one with the new conspiracies?

And which experts?

Kevin Ryan from Underwriters Lab's who was classed as an expert in steel and working for UL who certified steel when he actually worked with water and UL never certified steel?

Chris Bollyn (think that's his name) who said that people from Rolls Royce he spoke too didn't recognise engine parts from the crash but failed to mention the factory he spoke to was based in india and built small planes while the jumbo engines are built in derby and reconditioned in the US somewhere?

Or Bin Laden who is apparently more credible as an expert than actual experts?

Sorry Cardie, I looked at the word 'experts' later on and thought I'd get picked up on it. I've not actually checked too much into the film and am doing that now, and it does seem to have split people on what it's saying. I'm currently watching this now, and to be honest, the guys from loose change have some good points, especially when it comes to the amount of evidence that's not been released by the government (the waffling the presenter does in the first 30 seconds though is crazy. Why she has to say all that I don't know.) :

YouTube - 9/11 Debate: Loose Change vs. Popular Mechanics pt. 1

YouTube - 9/11 Debate: Loose Change vs. Popular Mechanics pt. 2

YouTube - 9/11 Debate: Loose Change vs. Popular Mechanics pt. 3

YouTube - 9/11 Debate: Loose Change vs. Popular Mechanics pt. 4

It looks like we have a lot of people saying the conspiracy theorists are nutters, but on the other hand, there's apparently a way bigger amount of these people when it comes to 9/11, and the fact that the government have made such a fuck up of handling things post 9/11 might have quite a bit to do with it. There's a lot of evidence that they've kept to themselves though, and why they've done that a lot of these people have no idea.

I just think Loose Change is all a bit weird and underhand.

They take a quote from a guy in the towers talking about explosions and then use it as proof of bombs. That's a huge leap when 100 floors up theirs a jumbo jet burning up, I'd be shocked if their wasn't explosions.

Or the coroner who says after 20 minutes he stopped being a coroner, loose change stops the quote at this point and takes it as proof their were no bodies and no plane crash but the coroner goes on to say he stopped being a coroner and became a funeral director.

I would like to point out that my questions regarding the falling of the towers was not because I think it was an inside job. I just thought it was odd. Now karl has said it isn't odd, my mind is at rest.

Can someone explain why the other one fell, building 7? I'll stop asking after this one, I promise.