You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the mums we work for is a film censor for the BBFC (I think I've mentioned this before) She's just seen The Matrix Resurrections... she said it was awful. Way too many nods and winks to reboots and way too long. She actually said she thinks it will offend the hard-core Matrix fans!!! The action was good though.

2 hours ago, Special K said:

One of the mums we work for is a film censor for the BBFC (I think I've mentioned this before) She's just seen The Matrix Resurrections... she said it was awful. Way too many nods and winks to reboots and way too long. She actually said she thinks it will offend the hard-core Matrix fans!!! The action was good though.

That sucks, I haven't had high hopes for it for a while now though after hearing about some of what could be in it. Even if it massively flops though I managed to enjoy Jupiter Ascending when almost nobody else did so there could still be a chance that the way the film has been made will be something I like enough to go back and watch again a few times.

At least it's not so far away now too and another trailer might be coming soon which should help to give a better sense of what's going on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Still not sure what to make of this, looks like some of it could be good though.

Looks terrible. Reminds me of the convoluted crap that were the 2 sequel movies. A shame since the original Matrix is one of my favourite ever movies.

• 2 weeks later...

Think I just found a cam rip of the Matrix film (it's been out in Russia, Thailand, maybe other countries already). I'll make sure not to post spoilers if I watch it and say what I thought of it.

I don't feel like waiting even though it'll probably be shit quality. It's bugging me wondering what it's like.

edit : haha nope, it's the film but with Russian language dubbed over it.

8 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Think I just found a cam rip of the Matrix film (it's been out in Russia, Thailand, maybe other countries already). I'll make sure not to post spoilers if I watch it and say what I thought of it.

I don't feel like waiting even though it'll probably be shit quality. It's bugging me wondering what it's like.

edit : haha nope, it's the film but with Russian language dubbed over it.

It's on HBO Max at same time as the cinema release. You'll get an almost proper copy from the 22nd.

8 hours ago, skend04 said:

It's on HBO Max at same time as the cinema release. You'll get an almost proper copy from the 22nd.

I've got one that works now. Have started watching it to check quality and it's average, but so good to see it back. Think I got something stuck in my eyes too.

The torrent quality wasn't good, image and sound hackable but it had a link to a website all the way through on the screen and ads popping up at times, still glad I watched it though because it was doing my head in wondering what it was like.

I liked the film overall. Hard to describe generally and won't give spoilers, but for me it's easily the best since the first film I think. I can see how some won't like it and how it could be divisive and the first is still my favourite but there's some things about this one that I think make it work a lot better than 2 and 3.

• 2 weeks later...