You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Andy Gray on next season's Title Contenders

StevieH

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agger missing cost us? Delusion eh?

I think we will do well to finish 3rd this year.

Agger's one of the best defenders in Europe and the best we have.

We didn't miss him? Even when Sami had a few shocking games early in the season? Or when Carra's form wasn't what it was at a time where we could have used Agger?

Of course we missed him you prat.

We didn't miss him? Even when Sami had a few shocking games early in the season? Or when Carra's form wasn't what it was at a time where we could have used Agger?

Of course we missed him where did I say we didn't, but he wasn't the reason we lost the league. So before you call names read the thread. "Prat."

Of course we missed him where did I say we didn't, but he wasn't the reason we lost the league. So before you call names read the thread. "Prat."

We finished 11 points off top. I'm not saying we'd have won it with him, but i think we'd have been a lot closer and he could have been the difference between a decent league season and a title challange.

I shouldn't have called you a prat, your just getting on my tits a lot lately and one of the main reasons this place is shite in the main at the moment. (in my opinion of course)

Do you think he's better than Hyypia?

I'd be quite surprised , and demanding someone be accountable, if we failed to win the league.

When it comes to Liverpool, Andy Gray is a bitter cunt. When it comes to football in general, I think he knows his stuff and I enjoy listening to him.

It's fucking infuriating when he does our games though.

I'm not surprised we aren't being tipped for the title though. If you were a neutral pundit, based on the last few years would you tip us? I wouldn't...

It is not so much the not tipping us as the not even mentioning us. We were part of the clear top 4 that separated itself from the rest of the league. We have improved our squad. I wouldn't tip us for the title yet, but i would mention us when discussing contenders. i think we have as much about us as Arsenal right now.

We finished 11 points off top. I'm not saying we'd have won it with him, but i think we'd have been a lot closer and he could have been the difference between a decent league season and a title challange.

I shouldn't have called you a prat, your just getting on my tits a lot lately and one of the main reasons this place is shite in the main at the moment. (in my opinion of course)

Mate, I understand what you are saying but I would be seriously worried if the loss of one player affects our title challenge. Especially after years of rebuilding and all those money spent.

At any case, Rafa had a chance to buy a defender but he was the one who decided to wait and wait for Heinze when it was always clear he wasn't going to come to us. We could have bought Skrtel 6 months earlier.

I'm not trying to use the thread to have a dig at Rafa but just pointing out that football is not about IFs and BUTs. IF Agger was fit, IF Rafa bought Skrtel 6 months earlier.....

Agger would be like a new player this season for us and will, no doubt, make us stronger but, I hope Rafa or anyone don't use the excuse of losing one or two players if we fail to make a challenge.

Finished less than 4 wins off the winners and have improved the squad overall and in Keane and, as expected, Barry, with proven Premier League performers.

It isn't unreasonable to sugest we could challenge but Rafa does need to instil a more consistent selection throughout all of the campaign.

Finished less than 4 wins off the winners and have improved the squad overall and in Keane and, as expected, Barry, with proven Premier League performers.

It isn't unreasonable to sugest we could challenge but Rafa does need to instil a more consistent selection throughout all of the campaign.

Aye. There are lot of reasons to be optimistic for the upcoming season.

However, I don't expect any of the pundits to tip us for the title (fuck Andy Gray for not even mentioning us. I don't give a shit about what that twat thinks about us). Truth is we have failed so far and we don't even know how to challenge for the title. Hopefully, this will change this season and it is up to us to prove the pundits wrong.

Mate, I understand what you are saying but I would be seriously worried if the loss of one player affects our title challenge. Especially after years of rebuilding and all those money spent.

At any case, Rafa had a chance to buy a defender but he was the one who decided to wait and wait for Heinze when it was always clear he wasn't going to come to us. We could have bought Skrtel 6 months earlier.

I'm not trying to use the thread to have a dig at Rafa but just pointing out that football is not about IFs and BUTs. IF Agger was fit, IF Rafa bought Skrtel 6 months earlier.....

Agger would be like a new player this season for us and will, no doubt, make us stronger but, I hope Rafa or anyone don't use the excuse of losing one or two players if we fail to make a challenge.

I don't think it was ever that clear we weren't going to get Heinze. Rafa was always quite confident he would get his man. Unfortunately he didn't account for FA being the gang of shit houses that they are and not wanting to upset demento.

I don't think it was ever that clear we weren't going to get Heinze. Rafa was always quite confident he would get his man. Unfortunately he didn't account for FA being the gang of shit houses that they are and not wanting to upset demento.

I think Utd and Demento were confident from day one that he won't be allowed to come to us.

Anyway, it is all in the past - what I was trying to say is, Rafa didn't even have a plan B.

Andy Gary is the biggest brown-nose there is to Ferguson and Wenger.

Liverpool dont get a mention and this year we are problably stronger, faster and better equiped then any of the other 3. He have made some key signings this summer that would enable us to push on even further in the title race whilst Chealse, United and Arsenal are seemingly standing still, not buying players or losing key players.

Andy Gray is so off the ball on this one,,,,,,

This myth about us not having enough width to challenge needs to be debunked I reckon.

Ronaldo's an exceptional player but most of his best work was through the middle last year. Nani was underwhelming for the most part. Evra is an excellent attacking full back, Wes Brown isn't. Tevez and Rooney often played Dirk-esque roles for them out wide too, and Giggs will play less and less this season.

Chelsea came pretty close without much natural width last year. Ashley Cole is a shadow of the player he once was, Joe Cole needs to play in the centre and right back has been a consistent problem for them.

With Clichy, Walcott, van Persie etc Arsenal have the most quality and pace out wide, but they don't have the strength in the centre that ourselves and United/Chelsea do.

We've a better squad of players than we did last season, which in turn was an improvement on the season before.

We need to challenge this season and I can't see any reason why we shouldn't expect to.

I think Utd and Demento were confident from day one that he won't be allowed to come to us.

Anyway, it is all in the past - what I was trying to say is, Rafa didn't even have a plan B.

Rafa clearly said before the decision over Heinze that it was either him or nobody.

It wasn't that he didn't have a plan B, it's more the fact he didn't want anyone else.

This myth about us not having enough width to challenge needs to be debunked I reckon.

Ronaldo's an exceptional player but most of his best work was through the middle last year. Nani was underwhelming for the most part. Evra is an excellent attacking full back, Wes Brown isn't. Tevez and Rooney often played Dirk-esque roles for them out wide too, and Giggs will play less and less this season.

Chelsea came pretty close without much natural width last year. Ashley Cole is a shadow of the player he once was, Joe Cole needs to play in the centre and right back has been a consistent problem for them.

With Clichy, Walcott, van Persie etc Arsenal have the most quality and pace out wide, but they don't have the strength in the centre that ourselves and United/Chelsea do.

We've a better squad of players than we did last season, which in turn was an improvement on the season before.

We need to challenge this season and I can't see any reason why we shouldn't expect to.

I could of written that. However I didn't so congrats on a good post, especially the point on Tevez and Rooney because I can see a multitude of threads complaining about Rafa when Keane and/or Gerrard are playing on the "wing" (*) this season.

* = It's not the wing, it's right/left sided attacker

I could of written that. However I didn't so congrats on a good post, especially the point on Tevez and Rooney because I can see a multitude of threads complaining about Rafa when Keane and/or Gerrard are playing on the "wing" (*) this season.

* = It's not the wing, it's right/left sided attacker

oh yes Andy Gray is going to have fun with that one

oh yes Andy Gray is going to have fun with that one

I couldn't give a toss whether he mentions us or not. That is all.

TBH i could not give two fucks what Andy Gray thinks. Worth bookmarking though, when we win it would be nice to remind everyone how this bitter cunt had three goes at it and still missed :sleep:.

:no:thumbup:Top pundit, my arse.

Agger missing cost us? Delusion eh?

I think we will do well to finish 3rd this year.

So you don't think Rafa will put in a title challenge this season ? Didn't you say a while back that you were prepared tp "back him" for one more year to see if he can put in a credible title challenge ?

Season hasn't started and now its : "we will do well to finish 3rd this year" !!