You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Despite our wretched form at the moment, I think it's still our best chance in years to win, and maybe our best chance for the forseeable future too.

If we're still on top at the end of the month with a fit Torres and an in-form Gerrard, our momentum might pick up again.

Chelsea - Clearly rattled with their home record now in tatters. Can see things getting worse for them in the coming months as they haven't had many difficult away fixtures yet. And with a squad containing inflated egos like Terry, Lampard, Ashley Cole, Deco, Ballack, Drogba and Anelka, it's difficult to see a harmonious dressing room if they drop more points.

United - Psychologically, it was always going to be difficult for them to repeat the successes of last season but the chance of equalling 18 titles could focus their minds after Christmas. If our title challenge is to continue, chances are they'll be our main competitors.

Arsenal - They'll lose another 4/5 matches this season. Fourth.

No change from me - I think we'll do it. We always seem to be able to put a good run together after bellyful of Christmas pud.

Last time I checked we were top of the league, playing badly. I'll take that, thanks. You don't have to have the biggest squad, or the most money, or even play the prettiest football. You have to be top of the league. And that's we're at.

What's to complain about? Believe it mother fuckers.

• 4 weeks later...

...and here we are nearly one month on and I still have both hands in the bucket. Lordy. Here we are, top at the end of 2008, and all without our talismanic no.9.

Who'd have thought it? Well, me, and a good few others who don't write us off after every home draw.

Keep the faith kids. Santa is a red. Baby Jesus was a red. Allah herself is a fucking red. Hell, even the one true good lord almighty himself, Satan, is red to the core.

For the love of the antichrist, the title is ours this season.

Starting to get a bit more confident about it but I still think the odds are against us due to our lack of experience with title run ins, we're usually well out of the picture by now - which is a feat in itself. Everything depends on our ability to hold our nerve.

We need to come away from the Theatre of Screams with a result.