You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool on Quaresma alert

Rashid

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be a bit lightweight/might not settle.

Do we really need to strengthen this position? Kuyt plays there and does very well.

For all Kuyt's hard work and effort that is not his best position. Strengthen it? - we need a significant improvement in terms of both crosses and goals if we are to win the league.

Guest TK-421
For all Kuyt's hard work and effort that is not his best position.

Good point, he could probably play anywhere.

Strengthen it?

If possible, but Kuyt is already there. It's gonna be tough and could cost, quite literally, squillions of dollars.

I reckon it's a safe bet that if Rafa had that kind of money to spend on an attacker, it would go towards a real talent like David Villa rather than a proven bottler who looks like he dreams of his own line of aftershave and diamond encrusted Speedos rather than winning trophies.

There's fuck all in the source, he was supposed to join Real Madrid a few weeks ago but nothing happened, now there is a throway comment in a free newspaper that says he is a "target" and it's treated like we're after him. Did Liverpool actually put a bid in last year when it was reported in the press? The Porto president wanted something ridiculous like 37M Euros if they were going to sell. It would be an expensive gamble, I don't doubt his talent but if he had a string of shite games the pressure might get to him.

Jose Mourinho's £7m-a-year Inter Milan deal - Football News - Telegraph

According to Italian sports daily Corriere dello Sport, Mourinho is hoping to bolster Inter's squad by luring Frank Lampard, Michael Essien and Ricardo Carvalho from Chelsea. Other players touted as possible new recruits are Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o and Porto winger Ricardo Quaresma.

I really don't see the point in this thread? If it is true that Queresma is desiring a move, then aren't a lot of big clubs across europe going to be interested, and not just Liverpool? I don't doubt for one moment that the boy Queresma is a talented individual (a great manipulator of the ball), yet on every occasion i have seen him play he has appeared to be hell bent on winning the game all by himself. I cannot tolerate players like that to be honest. Also after seeing a picture of RC today in which he was training with the Portuguese national team, i noticed he was sporting 2 diamond studs in both ears, my conclusion being the lad is a grade A twat. unless i am grossly incorrect, then someone please enlighten me.

He would be our number 7 to compete with United's number 7.

YouTube - Cristiano Ronaldo-Quaresma

Didn't look like much competition there to me. Ronaldo looked like he was tearing everyone he skinned a new arsehole, whereas Quaresmsa fell or dived LIKE an arsehole. I haven't seen enough of him to be honest. However if we could sign him by any chance, he would be a decent replacement for the pieman one would hope.

Buy Lucho Gonzalez & Lisandro Lopez.

The stats say so.

Lucho is a cracking player... If we didn't already have Masch, I would have loved to see hm with Liverpool. Prolific goal scorers in Portugal, like in The Netherlands, can't entirely be trusted.

my take on this myth that is put up everytime a skillful player is linked is that he wont be able to do this that or the other or he will be to lightweight

I would just ask people to think about this

How many teams rip us a new one down the left flank outside of the top 4?

so i don't think we need worry to much about how he defends?

He (or whoever ) is being thought of to rip these teams apart with the ball going forward

The advantage of Barry is that he is left footed so he could cover the defensive side when we have the ball slotting into the gap behind by whoever runs forward

The pace of Torres and someone like Silva or The Q man, we would be able to place teams under the cosh plus i dont see Ronaldo making to many lung busting runs to cover Evra when he loses the ball

A player in the Barnes mold of pace and skill would be loved by everyone should we ever sign someone like that so lets think of what each player brings into the team not what the short commings might be