You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A spade in the ground is worth two in the boardroom....

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

can i just say i have never been so proud of Grave Diggers in my life

Well done to all at SOS brilliant work you should have gone six foot down and asked Uncle Tom would he like to take his seat in the new Anfield

before filling it in

A fantastic effort TV and Radio picking it up

i was laughing like a softcunt watching it. made my week that

Nice work, some of the Everton residents around the park will be phoning Roger on Radio Merseyside today for ruining the grass though! Well, they say any publicity is good publicity... probably what Hicks' PR department go by anyway. Did it get any coverage in the nationals this morning?

seems we made the front page of todays post. I've not seen it yet, but here's the online version.....

Liverpool fans make their point over new stadium - Liverpool Daily Post.co.uk

DISGRUNTLED LFC fans held an impromptu protest last night in the latest bid to force out the club’s American co-owners.

Ahead of the club’s Champion’s League semi-final against Chelsea at Anfield tonight, members of the group Sons of Shankly set up a site in Stanley Park to start the work on the new stadium that George Gillett and Tom Hicks said would start within 60 days when they first took over the club.

According to Sons of Shankly, that was 440 days ago.

Chair Neil Atkinson said: “We want to emphasise to people that there’s a vast chasm between what Gillett and Hicks say and the reality that turns out to be.

“Hicks initially said that a spade would be in the ground within 60 days of him getting in. It’s now 440 days, and so we’ve come down to help them out.”

Amid loud chants of “Yanks out”, dozens of supporters, who had been rallied earlier in the day via a supporters internet messageboard, posed with huge banners and spades as they “broke ground” on their dig-in. Mr Atkinson added: “You have got to question Gillett and Hicks’s commitment to LFC. They seem to be in it for the money.

“Hicks told us that he was not in negotiations with other managers, not in negotiations with DIC, that he hadn’t fallen out with Gillett – and you can’t trust a single thing he says.

“I would love to see them both go and have a clean sweep of the boardroom.

“We haven’t got a position on moving the new stadium. It is about pointing out in a humor- ous manner that we think what has gone on is unacceptable.

Spokesperson and community development officer for the group Jay McKenna said: “Any aspect Tom Hicks has promised, like how they wouldn’t bring any debt to the club, and there would be a spade in the ground in 60 days – 440 days later, there’s no spade in the ground, so we have come here today to do it.

“He seems not to understand what the club is about and we don’t want him here. He has failed to deliver, and actions speak louder than words.”

vickyanderson

how anybody could think sticking a spade into the grass and having banners saying '440 DAYS LATER.......' will hurry things along is beyond me.

its fucking mind blowing how so many people jumped on the band wagon!

never mind eh? this must be how to show our class and all......

Oh wise and eternally sage like beef, what would you have us do? What is your solution to the problem?

Should we all don cowboy hats and sing the star spangled banner before every game? Should we be all content and happy in knowing that Hicks is just misunderstood?

Please, tell us all your infinate wisdom.