You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Good article about Sunday from S. Kelly (TTWAR)

Dublin Red

Missed that - what did he do?

I think he means the cross and uncross your hands in front of the chest gesture, which Rafa made after the sending off.

I thought he was saying "enough", as in either he'd had enough of the referee acting a tool, or was saying "enough" to the players in terms of them even thinking about speaking to the referee again.

The last thing I thought was "game over", it didn't even enter my head until now.

They almost don't care about us anymore? Do me a favour......

Our progress over the last 4 years is not measured on 2 games a year against them. Load of sh*te.

There was a spell at 1-0 in the second half when they were awful and if we'd had a bit more about us we'd have punished them, we never and the rest is history. Roll on the Derby.

SK's pessimism does know no depths but fuck me the bit in bold has been said in virtually every fucking capitulation against these cunts for the last 5 years. At what point does it begin to sink in that we can't get fucking near them, and no matter what we do they always have a fucking answer.

Some fucking honesty is needed, none of this "well we were good for 20 minutes, if we'd had a go then we might of got something."

We were beaten by a better fucking team both on the day and over-all.

Accept it and move on don't make flimsy excuses for them.

That's a good read.

One thing I didn't like about Sunday, and I don't know if it was mentioned in the match thread because I haven't read it, was Rafa's "game over" gesture when Mascherano was sent off. I know many of us thought the same thing and it was born out of frustration but Rafa shouldn't be showing to the players that he's thrown in the towel.

I thought it was more him saying "what's the point of playing with a cheating baldyheaded corrupt bent bastard in charge" -- but my Spanish sign language is a bit iffy.

Some fucking honesty is needed, none of this "well we were good for 20 minutes, if we'd had a go then we might of got something."

We were beaten by a better fucking team both on the day and over-all.

Accept it and move on don't make flimsy excuses for them.

No excuses mate, and I didn't say we were good for 20 mins, I said they were awful for 20 mins, the shame is that we were no better and never took advantage of it......its not like they were fcukin brilliant on Sunday, they weren't, they were just better than us!

No excuses mate, and I didn't say we were good for 20 mins, I said they were awful for 20 mins, the shame is that we were no better and never took advantage of it......its not like they were fcukin brilliant on Sunday, they weren't, they were just better than us!

No mate I wasn't having a go just pointing out that what you've said above could almost word for word be used to describe virtually any of our defeats against them for the last five years.

No mate I wasn't having a go just pointing out that what you've said above could almost word for word be used to describe virtually any of our defeats against them for the last five years.

At their place yes but at Anfield the last 2 years at least, we have completely dominated them but just not had a killer touch and they've smash and grabbed us. We'll do them in Moscow.

I thought that article was a bit over the top. I agree about the 7 wins having to be put in perspective. I said it myself last week that we were mostly beating teams that we should beat and that the next 5 games would show how we were really doing. But, to say that the defeat and on Sunday proves that the team lacks bottle is way over the top. We were playing the champions and champions elect with 10 men. You can point to the other results against them and make a case, but adding the last result as proof of that case is total bollocks.

I thought that article was a bit over the top. I agree about the 7 wins having to be put in perspective. I said it myself last week that we were mostly beating teams that we should beat and that the next 5 games would show how we were really doing. But, to say that the defeat and on Sunday proves that the team lacks bottle is way over the top. We were playing the champions and champions elect with 10 men. You can point to the other results against them and make a case, but adding the last result as proof of that case is total bollocks.

Hermes did you used to write in TTWAR?

Hermes did you used to write in TTWAR?

Only making a few notes in the margin of my own copy.

It's a superb fanzine though, some great writers. I haven't read it for a while but used to enjoy reading some of the cartoons and captions during half time at the game as well as the amusing comments in the match and newspaper review sections.

Kelly's a great writer and its good to see one of our own actually calling it like it is. Im sick and tired of seeing Hansen and even redknapp who Im not really keen on, being slagged for giving an honest opinion.

Kelly even borrowed my ST once. Yes, honestly he did!

Kelly's a great writer and its good to see one of our own actually calling it like it is. Im sick and tired of seeing Hansen and even redknapp who Im not really keen on, being slagged for giving an honest opinion.

Kelly even borrowed my ST once. Yes, honestly he did!

Can I borrow your ST, please?