You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool vs Sunderland

StevieH

Rafa needs to make som changes. Only Mascherano has been on top of this.

I would take off Lucas and put on Babel and see how that affects things.

Pennant has been lively, but his crosses have mostly been shite, like the one Torres got on target. When is Pennant going to understand that a cross needs to be low and hard, not come falling down from the sky. The latter gives the finisher no power on it, and to top it off it gives the defenders all the time in the world to pick up our players.

Pass and move, MOVE!

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What sort of comment is that? Everyone on here is passionate about Liverpool and wants them to do well, so leave it out eh?

Just because people aren't happy and may not see it the same way as yourself doesn't mean you can sit there and tell people what to do. It's beencrap so far, and everyone knows it.

IMO it's because the team is wrong, the shape is wrong and the players aren't motivated. Disagree all you like but don't tell me not to watch it.

Agreed.

No passion and no quality.

Nah,couldn't use that stuff,would dishonour the memory of my 1984 bedroom posters.I've gone for dulux plain white emulsion ,takes slightly longer to dry so I'm on a winner

but crown used to sponsor us, you blasphemus cork pup!!!!

oh, the match, a bunch of under 10`s would have more commitment

you can take Mascerano out of that last statement, runnign his knackers off, at least torres is trying to, as is Skittles, the rest can fuck off

Our movement is quite appalling. Only Lucas is running out there( he has been poor aswell, but at least he is working ). Whenever one of our player is in posession...the other just stands in their posession. In a situation we are in, the least thing you`d expect is that they are running, moving into positions, helping your team mate out.

Totally agree. Our movement off the ball is shocking. We lack creativity. Why isn't Alonso even on the bench?

We need a goal before half-time. This has been fucking awful. Am I the only one who thinks that?

These are so shite, we could score against them at any time so I just pray we do because it's so shite to watch.

We have been quite awful... Sunderland is not Brazil, but they are not just shite... The mancs needed a lucky set piece to beat them 1-0 away, and the Arse needed a late goal to win 3-2 at home. So they know how to defend. We wont win unless players starts working, running into positions. Lucas tried, but he looks baffled in his position.

Torres who we know is a good player, yet again stinks the place out. Carra at right back is useless going forward, so there is no need playing him today. He`d better be rested, if he doesnt play in the middle. Gerrard is trying at times, but is so far from his best it`s unreal.

Aurelio is a liability, and I cant believe so many prefers him to Riise. When he doesnt offer attacking abilities he just scares the shit out of me. Pennant came into it late on, and he is the only player lookig remotely close to normal standard.

Finnan for Carra ( or Skrtl ) and Babel for Lucas at half time would be my wishes.

Jesus this is dire.We dont have a fucking clue.

Stevies playing far to deep,again and Lucas doesnt know where the fuck he"s meant to be playing.Get Yossi on to play on the left,push Gerrard on and we"ll beat this lot easily.

Is it just me or is that cunt Bardsley annoying anybody else??

A much better performance today. It's easy to see why: no Riise, no Kuyt, and Crouch and Torres together are a genuine threat

Sunderland are a really good defensive unit, but second half we will win this.

Seriously ?

A much better performance today. It's easy to see why: no Riise, no Kuyt, and Crouch and Torres together are a genuine threat

Sunderland are a really good side, but second half we will win this.

Are we watching the same match? For me it just gets worse and worse.

Sunderland are a really good side, but second half we will win this.

You must be jokeing mate.That is one of the worst first halfs ive seen this season.No movement no chances.Hyppia and carra just lumping the ball up field.Its a joke.:wallbutt:

This is a 0-0 or 4-0 game. We have no rythm in our offensive game, but Sunderland are up for grabs. I have this feeling that if we manage to string one good attack together and score a goal, we can build on it with some confidence and go and twat them. If we don't though it's 0-0 all the way.

I'm still optimistic and think we'll come out in the 2nd half and click. If so, then we can use this game to turn a corner. We have to do it from the start though. I'll give them 10 mins and after that it's Babel on for Lucas (poor fella, trying but missing it all) and Kuyt on for Crouch (just for the sake of it like).

Sunderland are a really good defensive unit, but second half we will win this.

Sorry mate, it's dire. No movement at all - we only have stationary targets to pass to. Torres is constantly moving to find space and Gerrard is always capable but fuck me, how static are we?

What happened to the high tempo pressing game we had at the start of Rafa's reign, the players were a lot worse than we have now but we had teams on the back foot.

I am calm, and see things clearly. This can not go on.

Our manager has totally lost the grip if he can`t motivate the players to a better performance than this.

you can motivate, yell, encourage all you want. But if the PLAYERS cannot translate that onto the pitch, nothing will happen.

it is a two way street