You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Share Liverpool FC - how much would you put in?

Neil G

How much would you put in?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. How much would you put in?

• £50
    • £100
    • £200
    • £500
    • £1,000
    • £2,500
    • £5,000

I wouldn't put anything in because you aren't getting anything for your money.

If you put in £5k, you've got 1 vote out of 100,000. Assuming 100,000 shares are sold.

You don't really own anything or have any say. It's even less the case if you end up sharing 1 share with several other fans.

It's a lot of money to part with to get very little back in return, other than the feeling you'd get of 'owning' part of the club.

I already spend thousands every year supporting the club and I can't afford to give up anymore.

And the idea is pure fantasy anyway.

I think the idea is what your getting in return is a football club that's not left to the whim of some wealthy man that doesnt really care if we win or lose but only cares if their investment makes money.

For a lot of people here the success of the football team affects their day to day lives, yes its only a game but when the team is doing well life's a little bit rosier.

I think a lot of people would happily pay 5,000 if it meant they got their club back and were able to watch a team playing great football and consistently challenging for honours.

If you look at whats important to you outside the obvious things like friends and family i bet Liverpool FC comes pretty high on that list, and when you think of the things you waste money on id happily give 5k if it meant we reversed the trend we're currently in and got our club back.

While it is a laudable idea, I don't think it is realistic. The club and stadium could not be acquired at this point in time for £500M.

G&H will want much more than their money back to sell the club, especially now that their hand has been strengthened (or rather, time bought) with the re-financing deal. Whatever figure they would sell for (and it would use up the vast majority of the £500M - assuming it wold all come in too) there would still be the stadium to pay for on top.

Ther are many other reasons why I don't think this will work, and Tom#s questions raise lots of them.

It is laudable, and if realistic I'd buy a share myself, but I don't think it will happen. Our best bet is for new owners with deep pockets, such that they oust G&H, back the manager in the transfer market, and ensure a great new stadium is built.

Don't think the 500 million includes the money needed for a new stadium but it could be enough to buy G+H out, and have a little left over. If we have a couple of wealthy people involved im sure the club could secure the funds for the new stadium from a bank knowing the increased revenue that brings will pay for that loan.

so while you're still servicing a loan for the new stadium that pays for itself once its up and running, the key point is your not also servicing 30 million in interest repayments at the same time.

It also took them years to make it happen.

Yep, for all the posturing about following the Barca model not one serious question has been answered about how they try and solve the problems in a system that is essentially a lottery and could leave us no better of than we supposedly are now.

The Barca model looks good on paper when you see that it's owned by the supporters but it doesn't take that much digging to see the system leads to instability and massive turnover of players, boards and management staff and certainly doesn't give the club any real protection against what they are rebeling against.

Has their been a high profile club in recent times that has been bought lock stock by the supporters?

You would need someone like Miskelly on board to be able to get the cash for the stadium.

The idea of the £500 million is to buy out the Americans and then to start on the stadium. At a latter date approach the bank as regards a loan for to complete the stadium based more or less on what Arsenal have done in securing the loan on future profits and naming rights.

Rogan said if we for example bought the club for 350 million we would then be debt free and have 150 million towards the stadium. He said that being debt fre and contributing 150 million towards the stadium costs would see us get a loan from the bank quite easily for the rest of the money. This loan would be to help build the stadium rather than to buy the club as H and G have done. The majority of this extra loan would be paid using naming rights and future season ticket monies etc.

If we could get the 500 million a big if I know I think it would be a great idea. I doubt we will though but hope to be surprised.

Share Liverpool FC

So basically everything is being started from scratch. No constitution

yet in place, No definite idea how the club will be run or the power

to be shared...

Putting my club affiliation aside, this seem an interesting exercise

to see if you can establish a democracy-based governing structure and

institution out of thin air overnight. The fan in me hopes it will

work, the skeptic though can't yet see beyond the petty squabbles

between 100000 egos intoxicated by opinions while light on expertise.

If I had 10000 USD that I definitely won't miss, I'll throw it in, no second thought.

P.s,

Re" GO HILLARY" signature: Fuck the underhanded, race-baiting, dirty campaigner, flipflopping, right-wing pandering bitch. GO OBAMA!

Share Liverpool FC

So basically everything is being started from scratch. No constitution

yet in place, No definite idea how the club will be run or the power

to be shared...

Putting my club affiliation aside, this seem an interesting exercise

to see if you can establish a democracy-based governing structure and

institution out of thin air overnight. The fan in me hopes it will

work, the skeptic though can't yet see beyond the petty squabbles

between 100000 egos intoxicated by opinions while light on expertise.

If I had 10000 USD that I definitely won't miss, I'll throw it in, no second thought.

P.s,

Re" GO HILLARY" signature: Fuck the underhanded, race-baiting, dirty campaigner, flipflopping, right-wing pandering bitch. GO OBAMA!

ha ha ha ha.

Don't think the 500 million includes the money needed for a new stadium but it could be enough to buy G+H out, and have a little left over. If we have a couple of wealthy people involved im sure the club could secure the funds for the new stadium from a bank knowing the increased revenue that brings will pay for that loan.

so while you're still servicing a loan for the new stadium that pays for itself once its up and running, the key point is your not also servicing 30 million in interest repayments at the same time.

Fair enough. If stadium financed separately then the £500M would likely buy the club, but it is still a long long way to go to get close to anything like happening.

I wouldnt put a single penny into this scheme. There's far too may unanswered questions.

I would have put some serious money into buying shares in LFC if moores had of gone down this route of a fan's co operative as an option to raise cash for the club instead of selling to the highest bidder.

I realise there would be questions with this option too but believe it would represent a far more feasible solution to the one being floated (no pun intended) now.

I'd need serious questions answered first though, such as

Who will manage the club from a Financial point of view.

What qualifies them to manage a fund of £500m

What will they be doing with the funds

What plans are in place to raise additional Capital fror Players, gound etc.

Who will the Bankers be

What is the persons exit strategy i.e. How do you get your money back.

etc

etc

I'd need serious questions answered first though, such as

Who will manage the club from a Financial point of view.

What qualifies them to manage a fund of £500m

What will they be doing with the funds

What plans are in place to raise additional Capital fror Players, gound etc.

Who will the Bankers be

What is the persons exit strategy i.e. How do you get your money back.

etc

etc

Basically you'd just like to cut and paste my questions?

I think the idea is a great one - unfortunately it will take serious management and leadership. We would need to pay for that - upfront. I'd be happy to buy one or more shares if I thought this was going to be done properly. I would not invest my money in anything if I did not have confidence in the leadership. This requires a group of city heavyweights, not a group of local semi-celebrity fans. I'm afraid there's probably no-one in Liverpool that I believe could manage this effectively. It would have to go into London, and that might be beyond the pale for some people.

I think the idea is a great one - unfortunately it will take serious management and leadership. We would need to pay for that - upfront. I'd be happy to buy one or more shares if I thought this was going to be done properly. I would not invest my money in anything if I did not have confidence in the leadership. This requires a group of city heavyweights, not a group of local semi-celebrity fans. I'm afraid there's probably no-one in Liverpool that I believe could manage this effectively. It would have to go into London, and that might be beyond the pale for some people.

Isn't one of the guys championing this cause some hot shot City lawyer with experience in these kind of shenanigans?

Isn't one of the guys championing this cause some hot shot City lawyer with experience in these kind of shenanigans?

You could be right, I don't know who's involved apart from a couple of professional liverpool supersupporters - if we ever get to the point where a serious proposal is being put to the fans, that's the time to look at who is responsible for delivering it.

You could be right, I don't know who's involved apart from a couple of professional liverpool supersupporters - if we ever get to the point where a serious proposal is being put to the fans, that's the time to look at who is responsible for delivering it.

I just remember reading it somewhere, I agree it needs strong leadership and clarity from the outset if it is to stand a chance of getting off the ground.

• 2 weeks later...

£5000 is a lot of money for me. I’m able to do it, however, so it’s down to will or rather will to sacrifice something else, i.e. risking my wife leaving me ;-)

Share Liverpool FC is talking about buying the club back for £500 M. Sorry lads, that’s too much. Yankee leeches “paid” £220 M for the club and that includes the £40 M debt the club had at the time.

That’s the amount I’m willing to accept. £220M and no club debt to carry with us and we have a deal. Then you can count me in for £5000. This of course means the leeches won’t have a penny profit, which is exactly my point. I’m not willing to make such a sacrifice if part of it is meant to fill the dirty bastard’s pockets.

£220M was what the club were priced at last year. I understand nobody would even consider such an insultingly ridiculous offer. So I guess you’ll have to count me out.