You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Guest Pistonbroke

The Hippopotamus. (based on the novel by Stephen Fry) 8/10

Probably one of the better films I've watched lately. Thoroughly enjoyable British whodunit style comedy with a sterling lead performance from Roger Allam. Laden with typical Stephen Fry wit and a shit load of philosophy. One to watch peeps. 

Underworld, 9/10.

I just realised yesterday that it's actually one of my favourite films. Not in a "it's a masterpiece of film making" way, it's just something I've watched over the years and have grown to like more as time has passed. I don't even take all of the characters seriously and that also helps. Kraven for instance often makes me smile or laugh, not because I don't like the acting, but because the character is such a dick and I think he adds humour to the film for me. Kate Beckinsale does a great job of acting the Selene character too. I can't think of any other films I've seen her in apart from ones in this series, but think she's perfect for the character.

The mood of the film though, story and the way it's directed is also a big plus for me. Watched Blood Wars the other day and thought it was better than the previous in the series, but the original is my clear favourite.

Underworld, 9/10.

I just realised yesterday that it's actually one of my favourite films. Not in a "it's a masterpiece of film making" way, it's just something I've watched over the years and have grown to like more as time has passed. I don't even take all of the characters seriously and that also helps. Kraven for instance often makes me smile or laugh, not because I don't like the acting, but because the character is such a dick and I think he adds humour to the film for me. Kate Beckinsale does a great job of acting the Selene character too. I can't think of any other films I've seen her in apart from ones in this series, but think she's perfect for the character.

The mood of the film though, story and the way it's directed is also a big plus for me. Watched Blood Wars the other day and thought it was better than the previous in the series, but the original is my clear favourite.

Yep Kate Beckinsale is might fine

V3LVvCn.gif

d64845542d6153812d5edfb3e5b153ba.jpg

• Upvote 2

I’ve never read the book nor seen any of the movie versions as I’m the only one in our house who likes anything like this. I was a bit wary tbh when I realised just how many stars were in it and feared it’d be a who can chew the scenery best fest.

Went with my wife this afternoon, She is the big Christie fan while I don't mind them particularly. 

Thought it was OK, Branagh was a decent Poirot & if anything the cast were under-used & Branagh too much the focus.

Hope you enjoy it.   7/10

Guest Pistonbroke

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets. 6.5/10

SciFi, Fantasy, action adventure. Stunning visuals with a shit load of CGI. Feels a bit bloated at times as they try to add more depth to the story when a lot of times it just wasn't needed. The start is a bit all over the place but once it settles down it's enjoyable enough although it is a bit cliched and the humour lame in general. It could have been a very good film but ends up being just above average for me. Still worth watching if you like this mixed genre between SciFi and Fantasy. The acting is nothing special, although Cara Delevingne is cute as imo. Fuck it, because of her I've just upgraded my rating by a 0.5. Also,  watch out for the dance scene with Rihanna, fit as a butchers dog. 

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets. 6.5/10

SciFi, Fantasy, action adventure. Stunning visuals with a shit load of CGI. Feels a bit bloated at times as they try to add more depth to the story when a lot of times it just wasn't needed. The start is a bit all over the place but once it settles down it's enjoyable enough although it is a bit cliched and the humour lame in general. It could have been a very good film but ends up being just above average for me. Still worth watching if you like this mixed genre between SciFi and Fantasy. The acting is nothing special, although Cara Delevingne is cute as imo. Fuck it, because of her I've just upgraded my rating by a 0.5. Also,  watch out for the dance scene with Rihanna, fit as a butchers dog.

Yep.

Murder on the Orient Express 6.5/10

Not bad, not great but you're somewhat limited telling a story on a small, four carriage train so wasn't expecting a great deal. Not bad, not great, just a bit "meh"

Enjoyed it enough for what it was. Enjoyed Kenneth Branagh's portrayal of Piorot in places

Guest Pistonbroke

Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials. 2/10.

What a load of fucking shite. The first one wasn't great but kept me entertained to a certain degree. Just gave the second film a go to see where they had taken the story. well, they should have taken it to the bin and dropped it in there, the absolute cunts. 

Thor Ragnarok: Marvel does comedy. Great and as far as I'm concerned Taika can do very little wrong. Hunt for the Wilderpeople was the best comedy of last year and this is one of the best this year. Someone said there was a limit to what could be achieved off a superhero roster but I think we've had almost all genre of movie now bar a musical and they've all been damn entertaining. I score it 8.89/10