You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Yep, just introduced them to that one a couple of weeks ago.

Also, although the Depp Willy Wonka film is not bad at all, they do seem to have removed the Dahl from it.

I read Charlie and the chocolate factory as a bedtime story a few months ago to my girl, so we watched both films - the old one when we were about half way through and the depp one when we finished it.

While I much prefer the old film, the new one is much closer to the book in its accuracy - even with the Oompa Loompa songs being word for word what's in the book.

That is until they completely twat up the ending. The ending is total dogshit.

We took her to see BFG a month or so ago and then read the book. That film was very close to the book and I wish we'd read it first. Very good film adaptation.

• Upvote 1

The Big Short 8/10

Eye opener. I knew a bit about the financial crash but this exposes the lot. Some great acting in it too.

Cleaner 5/10

Weird as fuck film. Samuel L Jackson is in it. It would be a 4 but so is Eva Mendes

Bit harsh that Stig. Eva's a bit higher than a 4. She's a hard 6 at least.

Guest Pistonbroke

Blast from the past.

Older film from 1999 which obviously passed me by. Actually enjoyed it and it was quite funny in parts with a decent enough soundtrack. Alicia Silverstone would also get it, then and now. 7 fallout shelters out of 10. 

Krampus - Horror comedy about a demon that punishes people who lose the Christmas spirit. Cheerfully absurd, it knows it's concept is mad and stupid, and doesn't outstay it's welcome. Good fun. 7 out of 10.

Watched this last night. Fell asleep. Shite 1/10

• Upvote 1

Just watched the magnificent 7 and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Thought Denzel was, as usual, very good, as were all of the main cast.

Sat there wondering where I recognised I recognised Jack Horne from, so Googled him and he realised he was private Pyle from Full metal jacket.

We need more westerns. Such an untapped genre for the modern era.

Solid 8/10 and of to watch the original.

• Upvote 1

I started the extended version of Suicide Squad last night. Only got about an hour into it. Thought the 1st 35ish mins were pretty good to be fair, but it started getting shite as soon as the Enchantress appeared and started brining her brother to life. Maybe just over an hour into it now (Deadshot has just saved Flag), not sure if I'll finish it, it definitely felt like it was a downwards curve by this point. 

Harley Quinn was quality though.

• Downvote 1