You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Headhunters - 8/10 - A great thriller, I like being tricked into rooting for a bastard!

Pumping Iron and Raw Iron - both a 7/10 - Arnie showing his star qualities, larger than life.

Big River Man - 7/10 - A nutter of a man who swam the amazon! I don't think they showed enough of the scrapes that must have occured but still amazing to watch someone hydrating with wine!

Religulous - 6/10 - Not a massive fan of Maher and these religious nuts freak me out!

In the hands of the gods - The kids are mostly absolute dicks but I was glued to it and good to see them follow a dream and getting there through their skill - 8/10.

Senna - 9/10 an incredible watch, he oozed charisma, I dont know if it is a true portrayal of his character but i felt like i knew him by the end!

The greatest movie ever sold - 8/10 - I love Spurlock so I may have rated it a tad high but a great look at product placement all the same and how big business really does run the world. The Sao Paolo stuff was interesting though

Pearl Jam 20 - 9/10 - One of my favourite bands and I found them likeable and Alive is something special . A lot of great footage and a real story. I love Vedder a bit.

Metallica - Some kind of monster - 8/10 - glued to this

Hearts of darkness - a film makers apocalypse - 8/10

The kid stays in the picture - 7/10

Any more documentary recommendations? Had the flu and watched a few!

confessions of a super hero and endless summer 1 and 2 next

Return To Oz

Film rating: 7/10

Nostalgia and 'they don't make them like this anymore' rating: 10/10

Remember when there were kiddy films that they deliberately made scary? Well this is one them. The Wheelers are fucking terrifying; right up there with Bowie's pants and his obsession with a 15 year-old in Labyrinth.

I really like this film. It's charming and riffs on the classic original without ever trying to be better than it or ruin it. And as already mentioned it's really dark in places. The Deadly Desert is another example, where you turn to sand when you touch it. And let's not forget that weird Queen with about twenty different heads locked in glass cases.

Eighties kids films: tremendous.

returnoz_wheeler.jpg

Any need ?? you'll have to excuse me if I don't leave me fate in the hands of the arl water tank tick tock or whatever he was.

Guest Pistonbroke
The Hunger Games, good for about 90 minutes then went massively wrong.

8/10 for the first 90 and 2/10 for the last 60

Guess that makes it 6/10 or 56/100, it's too late to work it out.

Our daughter watched it in the cinema last night with her boyfriend and said pretty much the same.

Hunger Games - 7.5/10

Overall I liked the film, but after a while it became obvious they were struggling to reign in the Twilighty bits. Considering the actual contest was a fight to the bloody death, the lack of gore made no sense. Thanks to the film's rating, all the main violence was off screen. There were elements of Battle Royale, The Running Man, The Truman Show and The Fifth Element and it made for an intriguing story. I've not read the books but it is clear that the sequels will focus a lot on the love triangle aspect so I will probably swerve the sequels.

The Hunger Games is not even worth a score it's that bad. The first hour or what felt like a week is unbelievably boring. It's trying to set the scene and characters but does this as badly as I have ever seen a film do. The rest of the film is then trying to be an action film without showing any action probably due to the certificate. There are so many bits in it when I was thinking this is fucking awful. Without giving anything away (which I probably should to discourage anyone from spending any money on this truly awful film) the most laughable bit was when there is four of them chasing one character. One of these four characters is not really friends with the rest and the rest mention killing him. They decide not to because they need him to search for another character. They then find the one they are chasing after, who goes up a tree and do you know what they all do? They fucking GO TO SLEEP! Seriously, in a warzone, where only the winner survives. All these cut throat kids killing people without a second thought, GO TO FUCKING SLEEP. It's insulting. There are inumerable incidents like this throughout the film. To add to this acting level of the main characters is woeful as well.

Of Time and the City.

Not sure, need to rewatch. First time watching a Terence Davies film and wasn't sure what to expect as I knew this was a largely found-footage personal documentary, but I don't think I really paid enough attention to let it sink in. Will rewatch. Maybe after watching the rest of the boxset.

Battleship- hadnt heard much about this except for the fact it involved a battleship and had Liam Neeson in it, was maybe expecting something along the lines of an action heavy version of Crimson Tide. My heart immediately sank as the 'Hasbro' logo came up at the beginning. It is in fact Transformers with Battleships. My fault for not doing enough research. I'll give it a very generous 1/10.

Gran Torino

I love Mr Eastwood, don't give a fuck who knows it cos it's a fact, and this film goes a long way to show why.

Hilarious, heart breaking, incredible. Just perfect film making.

Fucking Hell, I could only ever dream of being a fraction as cool...

[YOUTUBE]SVjMzrCMW9Q[/YOUTUBE]

1:18 - "Just shut your fuckin' face."

Fucking Hell, how fucking hard is the guy ?!

An incredible film.

10 zipper head gooks outta 10.

Tyrannosaur. 9/10.

Incredible stuff from Considine. Bleak but incredible. I didn't know Olivia Colman could act like that. Best film I've seen in a long time.

Olivia Colman is stunning in that film. I only knew her from Peep Show, it made her performance all the more powerful. I already knew how good Peter Mullan was.

The best British debut since Shallow Grave.

In Time - 8/10

Really good idea for a movie, solid 8/10.

I'm not having that, it was shite. Had some interesting bits but that was it. Some shockingly bad special effects (the bit where they crash the silver car down the embankment was like off Thunderbirds). Utter tripe. Like something Phillip K Dick would throw away.

The Woman In Black - 5/10. Man spends night in creepy, deserted house and sees some spooky faces in the shadows. Don't know why I bothered. I hope that Cabin In The Woods does have a few original ideas as most Horror these days is fucking desperate, predictable plop.