Quantcast
The "only in America" thread... - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Chris

The "only in America" thread...

This thread is dedicated to highlighting all sorts of American awesomeness. I'm thinkin... shit talkin, hard rockin, megatude that only our buddies across the pond can provide. Let me start with

Miss South Carolina!

(followed by the obligatory apology if this has already been posted

This thread is dedicated to highlighting all sorts of American awesomeness. I'm thinkin... shit talkin, hard rockin, megatude that only our buddies across the pond can provide. Let me start with

Miss South Carolina!

Just about two or three weeks ago.

Guest Jay W

WTF? Talking about educating other people you need to educate yourself first. Nutter.

A minority of yanks dont know where America is on a map because those people are thick as fuck. All you had to say girl.

wtf was that hot dope on about, south africa and Iraq, she lost me after 5 seconds

can 50% of yanks really not tell where their from on a map??? thats fucking crazy

i would say only in America would you get deep fried Twinkies(i seen them in Vegas) but them sweaty socks would deep fry anything,

but witht hat, ill give you this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MziHkbJRMdU

i would say only in America would you get deep fried Twinkies(i seen them in Vegas) but them sweaty socks would deep fry anything

Don't knock them until you try them. Also, Oreos are amazing when you deep fry them.

I have a mini fryer in my kitchen...best. invention. ever.

Don't knock them until you try them. Also, Oreos are amazing when you deep fry them.

Deep fried Oreos. Holy shit, I gotta try that when I head to Texas next month. And deep fried coke...

you need help, i wont even havr a deep fat frier in my house, disgusting little devices

you need help, i wont even havr a deep fat frier in my house, disgusting little devices

Fryers rule. Apple fritters with ice cream is the food of the lord. Deep fried brie and camembert wedges is also ace. Deep fried anything. Deep fried Jam sandwiches, jamborees as they called them at our school. Yum.

Was Texas colonised by Scots all those years back? you boys seem to like your deep fried food.

Don't get me wrong I'm not adverse to it myself, I've had erm... a little too much in recent years too and I'm pot bellying. But deep fried biscuits? or pickles? sounds wrong. I still give it a go though as my mind is open to all cuisine.

Miss South Carolina!

That rules, as tarded as she is kudos to her for delaying the timer that long when she had fuck all to say. Heres another classic along the same lines.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8SuCBHqXtQ

More than anything though, I'm quite partial to fried pickles. Wonderful snack.
In Britain we call pickles Gherkins. Pickles is more of a generic term we use for pickled goods such as onions.

In Britain we call pickles Gherkins. Pickles is more of a generic term we use for pickled goods such as onions.

That makes sense.

SM4G - yes, we American's have fried ice cream...it was really good too. Remember?

RJ - My great grandfather was a Scotsman, so possibly. Also, trust me, fried "gherkins" are delicious.

That makes sense.

SM4G - yes, we American's have fried ice cream...it was really good too. Remember?

RJ - My great grandfather was a Scotsman, so possibly. Also, trust me, fried "gherkins" are delicious.

i don't think i've ever had it. couldn't remember if i had a dream about it or whether it was real.

Fried turkey, for Thanks Giving however, is amazing. you have a 1 in 3 chances of burning your house down, but again, worth it.

That makes sense.

Oh marone, fried ice creams! I ate that in Old Town, San Diego last October.

Harmful to what?

Of course it depends on what you are frying but shallow frying is an exercise in sucking up fat whereas deep frying is about sealing. Of course this depends on the item being cooked. A steak should not be deep fried

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are amazing. Even though you can buy them over here, they're as rare as Everton with silverware, so it makes finding them all the more rewarding.

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are amazing. Even though you can buy them over here, they're as rare as Everton with silverware, so it makes finding them all the more rewarding.

Reece's pieces too, the peanut butter style Smarties are the bomb, Affleck style.