You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres deal done, who's next?

Paco

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one thanks!

Don't make me out to be the prick when you made a post and 'forgot' quite an important point that countered the gist of your post!

You made a point which made no sense to me (turns out cos you forgot) i replied to you and then you got a bit shitty about being picked up on your own self admitted 'forgetfulness'.

I don't give a fuck either way mate, i can only reply to your post in the way and manner you posted it. I did and you got shitty.

That's hardly my fault is it?

Getting back to the topic i think we may buy another £20 million player because of all the unusual circumstances that i listed.

Who knows we may even buy another 2 £20 million players. It certainly isn't beyond the realms of fantasy bearing in mind the situation this summer.

It was the tone in which you replied lad - you tried to insinuate that i'm one of the 'doom mongers' you referred to when i'm not.

The reason I overlooked sales is because it's gone really quiet on that front and I was caught up in the moment of us signing someone.

If you think I was being 'shitty' then you're wrong, but anyway as you say let's move on because internet disputes are just fucking pointless.

The way i see it we would spend £20m net a season under the old owners we will have an extra £20m from TV money.

So i would think we would spend £40m net but then you have to interpret what exactly G&H ment by spending lots of these ?

with the sales of

Garcia

Flo

Gonzales

I would say we have spent 10-14m net that would leave 26m plus player sales plus G&H's wonga If people are right in thinking we will sign another striker for £20m+ and a Heinze for £6m that would be are budget spent? less player sales

Bellemy £8-10m

Cisse £6.2m

Le tallac £1m

Palleta £1m

But with another Striker and Heinze at the club that would mean

Crouch £12m

Riise £6-7m

Hyypia £1.5m

That would allow for 2 wingers with Change for a RB

Now having gone through all of that if it where to happen it would mean a dozen deals taking place in just over 3 weeks something i think is impossible so i think we will end up with

Torres

Heinze or Jagielka or Milito

Benyoun

plus 1 left Winger probably Simao or Mancini or Pederson

That is 3 players in

and dont forget the deals already done for Leto, Lucas & Voronin these deals will have cost the club around 10m + and if we could add 3 players to what we have done so far it will have been a brilliant closed season

The way i see it we would spend £20m net a season under the old owners we will have an extra £20m from TV money.

So i would think we would spend £40m net but then you have to interpret what exactly G&H ment by spending lots of these ?

with the sales of

Garcia

Flo

Gonzales

I would say we have spent 10-14m net that would leave 26m plus player sales plus G&H's wonga If people are right in thinking we will sign another striker for £20m+ and a Heinze for £6m that would be are budget spent? less player sales

Bellemy £8-10m

Cisse £6.2m

Le tallac £1m

Palleta £1m

But with another Striker and Heinze at the club that would mean

Crouch £12m

Riise £6-7m

Hyypia £1.5m

That would allow for 2 wingers with Change for a RB

Now having gone through all of that if it where to happen it would mean a dozen deals taking place in just over 3 weeks something i think is impossible so i think we will end up with

Torres

Heinze or Jagielka or Milito

Benyoun

plus 1 left Winger probably Simao or Mancini or Pederson

That is 3 players in

and dont forget the deals already done for Leto, Lucas & Voronin these deals will have cost the club around 10m + and if we could add 3 players to what we have done so far it will have been a brilliant closed season

Jagielka is away to everton

Is there any likelihood of us getting Alves? - we were constantly linked to him for 2 seasons then it all went quiet because he was going to Real Madrid but he still hasn't moved anywhere yet. Also, people raved about him when he first appeared on the scene but now a lot more people are critical of him saying he can't track back or defend properly when he's at RB. Chelsea allegedly are interested in him so that would put another £5M on his price tag. I think he would be worth a bid if Sevilla would accept 12-14M. He would get a rough ride for a few months as well as he likes throwing himself on the Gregory Peck every time anyone goes near him.

Is there any likelihood of us getting Alves? - we were constantly linked to him for 2 seasons then it all went quiet because he was going to Real Madrid but he still hasn't moved anywhere yet. Also, people raved about him when he first appeared on the scene but now a lot more people are critical of him saying he can't track back or defend properly when he's at RB. Chelsea allegedly are interested in him so that would put another £5M on his price tag. I think he would be worth a bid if Sevilla would accept 12-14M. He would get a rough ride for a few months as well as he likes throwing himself on the Gregory Peck every time anyone goes near him.

I dont know about Alves, maybe, Rafas been after him for 3 years and he would surely meet the 'player specific' criteria Tom and George have stated. Whats struck me is that Rafa seems happy with his lot and some of the players we've been linked with are playing in the Copa America. Tevez, Alves and Heinze. The tint-o-metre is getting excited. Could we have deals sorted, just waiting to be signed once the Copa is over ?

It was the tone in which you replied lad - you tried to insinuate that i'm one of the 'doom mongers' you referred to when i'm not.

The reason I overlooked sales is because it's gone really quiet on that front and I was caught up in the moment of us signing someone.

If you think I was being 'shitty' then you're wrong, but anyway as you say let's move on because internet disputes are just fucking pointless.

Brownie and Albertini sitting in a tree ........

Just announced on SSN that Chelsea have made strong offer for Malouda so my guess is they will pull out of a bid for Alves. Rafa also spoke about 4 strikers scoring 15 so unless he sells one out of Crouch, Kuyt or Voronin I can't see another striker comin in. Hoping for a fast skillful winger who can contribute 8 to 10 goals a season.

Just announced on SSN that Chelsea have made strong offer for Malouda so my guess is they will pull out of a bid for Alves. Rafa also spoke about 4 strikers scoring 15 so unless he sells one out of Crouch, Kuyt or Voronin I can't see another striker comin in. Hoping for a fast skillful winger who can contribute 8 to 10 goals a season.

Lets get him then, Chelsea can have Malouda

Tevez is all well and good but we SERIOUSLY need reinforcements on the flanks. Pennant/Gerrard can handle the right sided duties... but we'll need whomever we buy to be able to come off the right flank(unless we buy two players one being like a Yossi).

Left side needs help. Kewell is brilliant when fit and in form but we just can't count on that.

Kewell, Leto will leave us space for a PACEY left sided player who can double on the right.

Seville told the chavs today they want 30m e's for Alves, which has probably prompted that larger bid for Malouda, also R Madrid today have lodged an interest in Malouda.

Roma signed Esposito this afternoon, who can play either side a la Mancini, fingers crossed.

Just saw the press conference.

3 things are obvious:

* we are interested in Heinze, which I think is a disgrace

* we are going to sign at least one class winger

* Bellamy is getting the boot

Why?

A class player who can play left back or centre back if needed. Would be a very good signing IMO.

My waters have rarely let me down over the years. They are now telling me we still have about 30-35 million to spend and that Tevez is DEFINATELY coming - signing in 2nd week of August. MASSIVE final boost to the squad building.

If I'm wrong I'll start reading my turds instead.

I feel that part of Morientes failure was due to poor supply (especially compared to what he received in France) and if Torres is to be a success we need to sort out the wings. Otherwise he could be feeding off scraps and dropping deep to get a touch of the ball.

I feel that part of Morientes failure was due to poor supply (especially compared to what he received in France) and if Torres is to be a success we need to sort out the wings. Otherwise he could be feeding off scraps and dropping deep to get a touch of the ball.

as well as that, there's just the little matter of: he got scared..as do all foreign imports when faced with an english defence that is little more than a pack of rabid dogs.