You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres deal done, who's next?

Paco

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At the start of the summer I wanted Simao and Alves plus a forward.

We now have Torres but I can see the appeal of Mancini as he would offer cover for both wide positions and has pace to burn. Any of those 3 plus a LB (Tevez is probably out of the picture now) would see me very happy.

Realistically Mancini. In my dreams Tevez.

Both and I might explode.

I think we need Mancini more as we need a bit of quality on the wings and he fits the bill. I just think Tevez is such a great little player and is going to get better and better and players like him do not become available very often.

I can't see us spending a massive amount of money after this.

That depends with Bellamy and Cisse looking likely to move on. The money from Garcia and Pongo. We will not really have spent anything so we will, spend big one more time.

I can't see us spending a massive amount of money after this.

What? So after recouping £6.1 million on Cisse plus anywhere between £8-12 Million on Bellamy along with the £4 Million for Garcia you think the net spend is going to be around £5-7 million for the whole summer?

In other words less than half what it was under Moores despite the fact the new TV deal is worth an extra £10 million per season plus the run to the CL final rumoured to also add around an extra £10 million to the kitty?

Plus the Yanks promises to back Rafa 'player specific'

That wouldn't make any sense would it?

Based on the doom mongers on here who reckon the 'normal' budget is all we've got that still leaves us with at least another £10 million to spend, no?

That depends with Bellamy and Cisse looking likely to move on. The money from Garcia and Pongo. We will not really have spent anything so we will, spend big one more time.

Yeah true - it depends on what we recoup I guess. What could we expect for those players do you think?

Garcia - £4M

Cisse - £6M?

Bellamy - £7M?

Pongo - £2.7M

That's around £20M so I suppose there's still some left in the kitty.

I'd expect us to go for players around the £10-£15M range then as opposed to a big money signing - it doesn't really matter as long as it's the right type of player.

What? So after recouping £6.1 million on Cisse plus anywhere between £8-12 Million on Bellamy along with the £4 Million for Garcia you think the net spend is going to be around £5-7 million for the whole summer?

In other words less than half what it was under Moores despite the fact the new TV deal is worth an extra £10 million per season plus the run to the CL final rumoured to also add around an extra £10 million to the kitty?

Plus the Yanks promises to back Rafa 'player specific'

That wouldn't make any sense would it?

Based on the doom mongers on here who reckon the 'normal' budget is all we've got that still leaves us with at least another £10 million to spend, no?

I was specifically meaning on one player. I can't see us spending £20M+ on another player personally.

And I didn't take into account the money raised from sales, because I forgot. Is that allowed?

Guest Jay W

I'd hazard a guess at Simao and Heinze, the next two on Rafas shitlist. Well, Heinze is not a guess as it's been well documented we're interested.

Yeah true - it depends on what we recoup I guess. What could we expect for those players do you think?

Garcia - £4M

Cisse - £6M?

Bellamy - £7M?

Pongo - £2.7M

That's around £20M so I suppose there's still some left in the kitty.

I'd expect us to go for players around the £10-£15M range then as opposed to a big money signing - it doesn't really matter as long as it's the right type of player.

Except for Bellamy's valuation I would agree with those. I think Ian we may get around the 10m mark for him.

I don't think Rafa would put all his eggs in one basket and think there is more to come. He has never before spunked the lot on one player and he knows as well as us there are a few areas needing sorted.

I expect a quality winger at the very least.

Wouldn't mind Heinze to be honest- would offer better defensive protection at left back and if needed, could fill in at centre-half. Could also push Riise to the left-wing on a regular basis or means we could cash in him, as I reckon that if he were to leave, we'd get a decent price for him.

Mancini would be a good signing as well.

Suppose we'll go for Mancini now then and possibly a left back considering we're interested in Heinze.

Can't wait for the season to start now, although i'm trying not to get too excited because of what happened last season.

This time last year, everyone was convinced we were gonna win the league.

Realistically Mancini. In my dreams Tevez.

Both and I might explode.

I think we need Mancini more as we need a bit of quality on the wings and he fits the bill. I just think Tevez is such a great little player and is going to get better and better and players like him do not become available very often.[/QUOTE]

exactly, he could be better than Rooney.

From the Manchester Evening News!

GABRIEL Heinze is poised to leave Manchester United as Real Madrid prepare a £6m bid to tempt him to the Bernabeu.

The Argentinian ace has vowed not to discuss his future with anyone until after his country’s involvement in the Copa America ends, but has let friends know he is unhappy at playing second fiddle to Patrice Evra for much of last season.

I think we will sign a left back (probably heinze?) and a right winger. Rafa has apparently had his eye on Dani Alves for ages now, I wouldnt be surprised if we were back in for him as long as the money is right. I would love Tevez and Mancini but I think they're a bit out of our price range