You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Reds in for Heinze?

Count Morfeo

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because he would cost too much. If it was £6m and a 3 year contract at £50,000-a-week the deal would cost £13.5m over 3 years. At the end of that contract he'd be too old to play for us and we'd get very little money for him.

The deal would not be good value.

Yeah, but why does that matter to you? If he comes in, does a good job etc...

He's alright. He can play centre half and left back, and he'd offer good competition. I don't like his rat-like face very much, but I wouldn't be totally opposed to us signing him either. I didn't realise we could buy him without the Mancs having any say in it, though, which is why I thought it was an unlikely transfer to begin with.

There are issues with the LB position - Riise - too basic, Aurelio - injury prone, Insua - unproven, others (Carra, Agger ...etc) - not their position and so whilst it is not a priority I would not be against signing a better option.

Nor would I be against buying from the Mancs (eg when O'Shea was mentioned a bit ago i took a while to adjust to it but ultimately would have been OK with it as I felt he would be an asset at the time, altho the idea of buying from them does leave a bit of a bitter taste).

However, the truth is that Heinze is not good enough - before his injury he seems better to be honest but for the last season or so i have not been impressed at all so defo hope it does not happen.

He'a quality and importantly for Rafa he can play centre-half as well as left back meaning that he has cover for CB and a good first choice left-back.

He's experienced at Champions league level and international level and for 6m I think it would be a quality deal IF we can pull it off and its a bit big big IF.

As for Fergie only letting him go cos he's finished, Beckham and RVN looked decent enough for me this season.

Id love to see him but his contract out, that would be hilarious.

I read somewhere there was a rumour we had tied up a 11m euro deal for a full back in la liga, I thought maybe Seville's left back but beyond that who knows?

I think he would be a quality signing at left back where we don't have any out and out defenders really, Riise and Aurelio both like getting forward more than defending so If Rafa thinks he can recover fully from his injuries from last season I'd be happy to see him at Anfield......Just Imagine fergies face if we buy Heinze and he goes on to have a fucking storming season for us......

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

I think he's deffo worth a shout, proper old-school left back, hard, and he's a dirty bastard, need a few more of those, sometimes we are far too nice.

It is one of our weakest positions and needs sorting. As regards to Heinze I would hate the thought of him with a liverbird across his chest. I think one ex manc is enough to do me a lifetime.

Therefore it is a no from me, being polite.