You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

why are people more keen for kuyt rather than crouch

spider-neil

first choice partnership  

56 members have voted

1. 1. first choice partnership

• torres n crouch
    • torres n kuyt
    • kuyt n crouch - heh heh ;O)

I'd prefer a partnership of Kuyt and Torres rather than Crouch and Torres. I think Kuyt is more mobile than Crouch and will run off Torres all day long, opening up gaps here and there.

Crouch is a good player though, and he needs to be retained as a very valuable option.

I know nothing about Torres so I can't really vote. I can say Crouch is easily our best forward at the club as things stand right now.

Torres is physically built to be a lone striker and he can beat most defenders pace and speed-wise.

We'd have signed a great player in Torres if we get him. But i will think he may take about a year to settle.

Guest Jay W

Kuyt and Torres will bounce off each other, an extremely mobile partnership, full of movement and both being strong and decent in the air.

Guest TK-421
Because Torres can do everything Crouch can do but he does it with pace and is capable of going passed opponents. Kuyt will also score more goals than Crouch in the long-term.

Shocking for a man of your standards.

Please keep crouch, if u watch him on the e-season and when you are watching a match at anfield or wherever you just notice what an asset he is, his work rate is incredible, his skill, his finishing, as is kuyt, but crouch is more crucial. If it had 2 be crouch or kuyt to go the oppisite way to athletico, it would be kuyt for me. Keep Crouch!