You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do you remember when it was the withers it didn't last long,I used to go and drink with some good lads from Huyton in the Bluebell,the Farmers and the Swan,haven't been in the Oak for a while.some mad benders round but it was a laugh.

Ever go in the yew tree in west derby? Fuckin hell.... Used to be mad in there.

Do you remember when it was the withers it didn't last long,I used to go and drink with some good lads from Huyton in the Bluebell,the Farmers and the Swan,haven't been in the Oak for a while.some mad benders round but it was a laugh.

I moved here in 2005 but I think it had gone back to a regular pub. Never felt threatened in there though, although the first time I went in a few people thought I was a copper and sounded me out. Seen about 3 fights in there but all handbags really. Gutted I never went in the Boundary before the heroin factory was found and it got bulldozed. Half the pubs in Huyton have gone over the last ten years.

I moved here in 2005 but I think it had gone back to a regular pub. Never felt threatened in there though, although the first time I went in a few people thought I was a copper and sounded me out. Seen about 3 fights in there but all handbags really. Gutted I never went in the Boundary before the heroin factory was found and it got bulldozed. Half the pubs in Huyton have gone over the last ten years.

A lot have gone mate but had some good days on the ale in Huyton.

They used to be a club called the HMD on top of the shops in Western Avenue dont know if it's still there but you could get a scoop at 9 inthe morning years ago.

A lot have gone mate but had some good days on the ale in Huyton.

They used to be a club called the HMD on top of the shops in Western Avenue dont know if it's still there but you could get a scoop at 9 inthe morning years ago.

Yeah that's still there, it's behind a hairdressers/sunbed shop, never been in there though, looks busy even on weeknights. Did you ever go to St Aloysius social club? You could get blitzed for a tenner and they had some barrier so you had to queue for the bar like you were waiting to go on a ride at Alton Towers. The Quiet Man was the last one to be pulled down but I never got the chance to go there either.

There is a Page on Facebook that I joined which had pictures of all the old pubs in Huyton, I'll see if I can put sOme up on here.

Yeah that's still there, it's behind a hairdressers/sunbed shop, never been in there though, looks busy even on weeknights. Did you ever go to St Aloysius social club? You could get blitzed for a tenner and they had some barrier so you had to queue for the bar like you were waiting to go on a ride at Alton Towers. The Quiet Man was the last one to be pulled down but I never got the chance to go there either.

There is a Page on Facebook that I joined which had pictures of all the old pubs in Huyton, I'll see if I can put sOme up on here.

TheAlton Towers remark made me laugh been the ally's used to have family up there so the ally's club was always used for the bevvy after there Funerals.

What's the one by the station and the Pub facing the old asda it has changed its name a few times it used to be one of them mrq's pool rooms years ago.

The one by the station is the queens arms, seems full of lunatics, a few were outside calling a fella a prick and a Peado when his car wouldn't start after he parked right outside the front door.

The one facing asda is now a Wetherspoons but has had a massive makeover with chandeliers and everything, never been in during the night though. It's massive inside.

The one by the station is the queens arms, seems full of lunatics, a few were outside calling a fella a prick and a Peado when his car wouldn't start after he parked right outside the front door.

The one facing asda is now a Wetherspoons but has had a massive makeover with chandeliers and everything, never been in during the night though. It's massive inside.

Going back to town have you been on the pop in London Road some of the ale houses make the Penny Farthing look like the Newz Bar.

The only one I've ever been in us that Dixie Deans bar, looked like a bar out of the French Connection. What is the worst one in London Rd?

That DD bar is a shithole you wipe your feet on the way out,that Premier next to the Odean is bad but the little one facing the bogs by the bus stops is the pits.

The Cuckoo, Walton/Orell Park way, is one of life's quaint establishments. Just make sure you bring your own knife to cut your gear with. Saves on having to go in the bog I guess.

The Red Pepper just down from the Queen Vic (Walton Flyover), was a blast. Headbutting being the weapon of choice. I think it ended up becoming a greeting in the end it was that popular.

Monday club in Wethy's opposite the Black Bull can be spot on. More for the clientele than the pub itself.

The Cattlemarket Old Swan, was probably my favorite for mad. The time a fella in his 50's pulled out two ball pein hammers from under his trench coat and took on about 8 lads, being one of the more memorable moments. It was the 80's, so I blame Thatcher.

That DD bar is a shithole you wipe your feet on the way out,that Premier next to the Odean is bad but the little one facing the bogs by the bus stops is the pits.

Which one is that?. The Lord Warden got listed in some CAMRA publication last month which is bizarre as it just seems populated by joe cocker lookalikes who spew up on the pavement and some fella got stabbed there a few weeks ago. The ones near the top look shite like the Old Post Office, i dread getting the bus after 5 o clock as the dregs from the pubs on that road get on stinking of ale and piss and will either try to get a sing song going or talk to you whilst breathing AIDS all over you.

Apparently Margi Clarke now works in Ma Egertons as she's been out of work for ages.

Ever seen that pub opposite the Royal Hospital called the Old Fort? I've seen people outside there smoking in their pyjamas with drips still attached ton their arms. It's also a good place to go at the weekend if you want to pull a dirty slag nurse.

The Cuckoo, Walton/Orell Park way, is one of life's quaint establishments. Just make sure you bring your own knife to cut your gear with. Saves on having to go in the bog I guess.

The Red Pepper just down from the Queen Vic (Walton Flyover), was a blast. Headbutting being the weapon of choice. I think it ended up becoming a greeting in the end it was that popular.

Monday club in Wethy's opposite the Black Bull can be spot on. More for the clientele than the pub itself.

The Cattlemarket Old Swan, was probably my favorite for mad. The time a fella in his 50's pulled out two ball pein hammers from under his trench coat and took on about 8 lads, being one of the more memorable moments. It was the 80's, so I blame Thatcher.

Pissed myself laughing at this. Brilliant.

Which one is that?. The Lord Warden got listed in some CAMRA publication last month which is bizarre as it just seems populated by joe cocker lookalikes who spew up on the pavement and some fella got stabbed there a few weeks ago. The ones near the top look shite like the Old Post Office, i dread getting the bus after 5 o clock as the dregs from the pubs on that road get on stinking of ale and piss and will either try to get a sing song going or talk to you whilst breathing AIDS all over you.

Apparently Margi Clarke now works in Ma Egertons as she's been out of work for ages.

Ever seen that pub opposite the Royal Hospital called the Old Fort? I've seen people outside there smoking in their pyjamas with drips still attached ton their arms. It's also a good place to go at the weekend if you want to pull a dirty slag nurse.

It's on the oppisit corner to Priors the jewlers ,but you have got all the other ones spot on as for the Walden that was the best one there but don't know what it is like now.

Pj's is another shit hole if it's still goin.

The Blob Shop in Liverpool : Pubs Galore

This is a shithole as well frequented by rough as fuck people who spend less than a tenner all day unless they win on their £1 each way bets on the horses. Some fella I work with knows the landlord. Said when he opened up in the morning some arl fella was sitting down with a double whiskey. The landlord threatened to phone the police saying the arl fella had broken in. The arl fella said he had fallen asleep the night before in the bogs and had been locked in. He had to entertain himself with drink until the placd opened up. Still got told to fuck off though.

Reading in the Echo last week that some bloke tried to get off a drink-driving charge by getting his brief to say that he thought the Blob Shop specials were some sort of cough remedy.

It's on the oppisit corner to Priors the jewlers ,but you have got all the other ones spot on as for the Walden that was the best one there but don't know what it is like now.

Pj's is another shit hole if it's still goin.

Might be the Royal George, not sure where that PJ's is though. Awful road though, there's a few little dingy places by the Liner hotel as well.