You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Favourite incidental Sitcom characters

Guest PaddyBerger15

Guest TK-421
TK, what about Les, the fat, disgusting landlord from Men Behaving Badly...?

Are you having that ?

I can't really remember him it's been ages since I watched that programme. There are many more in Red Dwarf though. Basically Red Dwarf is king. I've got a box set of series 5 - 8, I still have to watch 7 and 8 as I'd given up on it at the time they were broadcast. 1 -4 have all been downloaded I watch them a fair bit. Series 2 is the best for me. It would have been 3 but the new Holly was nowhere near as good. Favourite episode is Queeg - Queeg was damn funny. "Double check and mate, sucker!".

Good thread this, PB.

Think I laughed once during the entire Fifth Series of Family Guy. Looks to be losing it a lot earlier than The Simpsons. At least with The Simpsons there's at least 12 series of brilliance.

Guest PaddyBerger15
I can't really remember him it's been ages since I watched that programme. There are many more in Red Dwarf though. Basically Red Dwarf is king. I've got a box set of series 5 - 8, I still have to watch 7 and 8 as I'd given up on it at the time they were broadcast. 1 -4 have all been downloaded I watch them a fair bit. Series 2 is the best for me. It would have been 3 but the new Holly was nowhere near as good. Favourite episode is Queeg - Queeg was damn funny. "Double check and mate, sucker!".

Good thread this, PB.

Is a great shout bud, Queeg is a brilliant episode...'a pea on toast, hes taking the smeg'.

Man, watch series 5 through to 8, theyr boss, they stand up. I loved series 5, Quarantine and Back to Reality were great episodes. Dont give up on it, you will find yourself pleasantly surprised by the later series...the episode 'Krytie TV' is bonzer....and 'Pete' where they let a T.Rex loose on the ship.

Guest PaddyBerger15
Think I laughed once during the entire Fifth Series of Family Guy. Looks to be losing it a lot earlier than The Simpsons. At least with The Simpsons there's at least 12 series of brilliance.

Whaddaya reckon then Tel...? Go with the excellence of Futurama or go with the kid and give Family Guy a go....?

How many seasons have there been of Futurama now ?

Guest TK-421
Is a great shout bud, Queeg is a brilliant episode...'a pea on toast, hes taking the smeg'.

Man, watch series 5 through to 8, theyr boss, they stand up. I loved series 5, Quarantine and Back to Reality were great episodes. Dont give up on it, you will find yourself pleasantly surprised by the later series...the episode 'Krytie TV' is bonzer....and 'Pete' where they let a T.Rex loose on the ship.

I've seen 5 enough times, but thought it became a bit tired although there are some good episodes. 6 started to piss me off because all it became was Kryten thinking of some new way to go back in time, to an alternative reality, etc. I think they just ran out of ideas. I also read somewhere that the actors were reading from auto cue in series 6, or it may have been 7. When I've got time I'll plough through series 6 - 8.

Guest PaddyBerger15
I've seen 5 enough times, but thought it became a bit tired although there are some good episodes. 6 started to piss me off because all it became was Kryten thinking of some new way to go back in time, to an alternative reality, etc. I think they just ran out of ideas. I also read somewhere that the actors were reading from auto cue in series 6, or it may have been 7. When I've got time I'll plough through series 6 - 8.

I was of exactly the same mind as you, I started to get teed off with it during series 6, the scripts got far fetched and it was more about effects than characterisation....but that was back in the day, it was getting tired.

For the same reasons I gave 7 and 8 the swerve at the time, I gave up on it for the same reasons as you.....but, after a long break from it, and sufficient time to look forward to it again, I really, really enjoyed the last 2 series. Again, you could say that it was more special effects than substance, unlike series 1 and 2, but there are moments of comedy genius there, and some episodes rank right up there.

Guest PaddyBerger15
Mrs Cravatte in Hancock and one-armed Albert in Robin's Nest.

Great shout, Albert Riddle was top comedy! The same actor also played Mr. O'Reilly in an episode of Fawlty Towers....'The Builders' (my fave Fawlty Towers episode) and he was ace in that aswell:thumbup:

Whaddaya reckon then Tel...? Go with the excellence of Futurama or go with the kid and give Family Guy a go....?

How many seasons have there been of Futurama now ?

There was only 4 seasons of Futurama until Fox gave it the Arrested Development treatment. However there will be a feature length episode out on DVD later this year, called Bender's Big Score I think.

Family Guy, whilst very funny at times, just doesn't have the concistency of The Simpsons. A lot of the humour is squarely aimed at American culture, so a lot of it flies right over your head.

July 27th should be interesting though.

Guest PaddyBerger15
There was only 4 seasons of Futurama until Fox gave it the Arrested Development treatment. However there will be a feature length episode out on DVD later this year, called Bender's Big Score I think.

Family Guy, whilst very funny at times, just doesn't have the concistency of The Simpsons. A lot of the humour is squarely aimed at American culture, so a lot of it flies right over your head.

July 27th should be interesting though.

Smashing, nice one kidda....when did Fox fuck Futurama off then ? 2004 thereabouts ? I didnt think Id seen any new episodes for ages.

I think Il give Family Guy a miss for now then...Ive got some seasons of The Wire and The Shield showing up soon on peoples recommendations, so Il be sorted for viewing for a while.

Guest PaddyBerger15
i'm not having ives in porridge, that's just wrong. The gangster fella, i always forget his was the scene stealer.

Harry Grout, played by the excellent Peter Vaughan