You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ace albums you own that you forgot about

Juniper

Bought an mp3 player the other week and I’ve been steadily adding all the albums I own onto it to keep me company on the train to and from gigs. Seeing as I can now pretty much access any album I own while out an about I’ve started listening to albums I had in boxes that I pretty much forgot (somehow!) I own.

Has anyone come across an album they own that they somehow forgot how much they appreciated the music

My albums I’m hooked on again are so far:

UNKLE : Psyence Fiction

Sigur Ros: ()

Rage Against The Machine: The Battle Of Los Angeles

Nirvana: MTV Unplugged

Anyone else?

Guest TK-421

I always end up going back to Jane's Addiction's Ritual de lo Habitual and Nothing's Shocking. They're both great LPs.

Any you can't beat Slanted and Enchanted from Pavement, unless you listen to some other Pavement stuff.

I listened to Black Sunday on my way into work the other day. It almost immediately washed away any memories of that dreadful metal crossover album that they did. That was appalling.

Good shout on Battle For Los Angeles. Guerilla Radio is a classic. Prefer Evil Empire as an album though.

Most recent shot from the vaults has been "I Can't Imagine A World Without ME" by Echobelly. Great stuff. Reminds me of being 15 again.

I listened to Black Sunday on my way into work the other day. It almost immediately washed away any memories of that dreadful metal crossover album that they did. That was appalling.

Good shout on Battle For Los Angeles. Guerilla Radio is a classic. Prefer Evil Empire as an album though.

Most recent shot from the vaults has been "I Can't Imagine A World Without ME" by Echobelly. Great stuff. Reminds me of being 15 again.

Yeah that metal/rap album (Skull & Bones) is in the pile of cd's which probably wont get added. The album after that (Stoned Raiders) was even more pants, thats the last time I bought one of their albums

As for 'Evil Empire' I've never stopped listening to that album, my favorite Rage cd.

Good Choice

I should have added Neil Young's Harvest to my original post.

Bought it for my girlfriend a couple of years ago and only re-discovered it with the others I found.

Neil Young rules the house down!

On the talk of rap albums i've got Dr Dre's 2001 ablum in mine somewhere. I might dig that out tonight and smoke some blunt's wit me bitch.

Yeah that metal/rap album (Skull & Bones) is in the pile of cd's which probably wont get added. The album after that (Stoned Raiders) was even more pants, thats the last time I bought one of their albums

As for 'Evil Empire' I've never stopped listening to that album, my favorite Rage cd.

It's all about "People Of The Sun". Recognize*

* and maybe a bit of Bulls On Parade.

Neil Young rules the house down!

On the talk of rap albums i've got Dr Dre's 2001 ablum in mine somewhere. I might dig that out tonight and smoke some blunt's wit me bitch.

Is faultless in my opionion, that wouldn't be on this list for me as i listen to it all the time...

(Stoned Raiders) was even more pants, thats the last time I bought one of their albums

Imho the album "IV" is fairly good, with some of the tracks harking back to Black Sunday - "Looking through the Eye of a Pig" is a great track to start it off with.

Supergrass, "I Should Coco" has been well played since it has been ipodded, but so have such "classics" as Earthling (the David Bowie jungle album),and a fair few Catatonia tracks, too. 'Tis a strange mix, to say the least.