You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ace albums you own that you forgot about

Juniper

I have only read this page, so apologies for any repeats.

Agree on the Spiritualized one. Ace packaging too. I have the blister pack (unopened. I didn't want to. I bought a normal version of it too).

My packaging is certainly showing 10 years of use. I'm sure yours is worth some cash, but the holy grail is the promo they released which was a pill box, with a mini cd in blister pack for each track on the LP. I believe I read a story about a skint Jason Pierce trying to flog some in Camden market a few years ago..

Downloaded a few albums i used to have on vinyl but have been scratched to fuck over the years.

Albums that were ace at the time but grew utterly unlistenable and then the cloudy nostalgic haze makes them strangely listenable again...

Soul Mining - The The

Some Great Reward - Depeche Mode

Architecture & Morality - OMD

This is Big Audio Dynamite! - B.A.D.

The Hurting - Tears for Fears

Sandinista - The Clash

Life's Rich Pageant - R.E.M.

New Gold Dream - Simple Minds

Ghost in The Machine - The Police

Shit, Small Victory forgot that one too, i would have love to have seen them live.. on PJ - Even flow was a tune also.

Heh. Saw them twice - the Phoenix Festival in 1993 and at Maine Road supporting Guns 'n' Roses the year before, where the warm up act for those two was Soundgarden. They were incredible both times.

The best live band I've ever seen were Senser, who you may or may not have heard of (fairly politically active rapcore-ish band around in the early to mid nineties that were absolutely astounding live) but FNM were a very close second. I only saw them play at stadium sized gigs too, I imagine they would have been better still in a more intimate venue.

By contrast, I saw Mike Patton play with Mr Bungle at Rockworld in Manchester, which is the epitome of a small venue and was also pretty much my local at the time, and they were absolute shite, shambolic from start to finish and not in the good Las Vegas way; in fact it was one of the worst gigs I've ever been to.

Guest PaddyBerger15
From the muddy banks of the Wiskah - Nirvana.

Oh baby, what an album.

Thats a cracker, but there are better Nirvana live albums around mate. There a loads and loads of factory pressed bootlegs out there, they pop up on ebay now and again....Play the fucking guitar man is worth getting hold of, as is Leer and Roma.

Theres quite a market for Nirvana boots and some of them pass for a tidy sum, but those 3 are sound....good quality recordings, with some audience noise aswell.

• 6 months later...
I've never really got Feeder. They're one of the most middle of the road dadrocky bands around.

Post Echo Park I agree, but upto and including that they were superb. As I told Owen the other night (I think), they toured with The Stereophonics and caught shit-itis. I really recommend listening to the albums I mentioned.

Anyway, the topic:

Fenix TX - Lechuza.

Senser

Blimey, that's a blast from the past. You have me listening to Pitchshifter next.

Post Echo Park I agree, but upto and including that they were superb. As I told Owen the other night (I think), they toured with The Stereophonics and caught shit-itis. I really recommend listening to the albums I mentioned.

Anyway, the topic:

Fenix TX - Lechuza.

Yeah, they used to jump around in orange boiler suits. Yesterday Went too Soon is a brilliant summer album. He started writing more complex tunes and harmonies, and so Taka couldn't bounce around during the live shows.

Blimey, that's a blast from the past. You have me listening to Pitchshifter next.

Yeah, they used to jump around in orange boiler suits. Yesterday Went too Soon is a brilliant summer album. He started writing more complex tunes and harmonies, and so Taka couldn't bounce around during the live shows.

I think Jon Lee's suicide had an effect too.

Guest PaddyBerger15

Rollins Band - Life Time...amazing high impact, high octane blues jam. If you can't get your aggression out to that album, then there is no hope for you.

• 3 months later...