You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The weather

DT

5 minutes ago, elvis said:

I do hope this is an exaggeration?

I'll never forget the day we got a smart meter in my old house and the boy boiled a kettle to show me how it showed your power usage, I just about twatted him when I saw it shooting up. Cups of tea were banned when I was around after that.

That was about seven years ago as well, before the prices trebled.

2 minutes ago, elvis said:

Go south young man , even the birds know that lad 

Hate coming South. Every time I do it seems to get a bit madder. I can drive up here for hours and not see another car. I come to Liverpool and it's aggression, an hour to do 5 miles. Only thing I miss is the sport which won't be named and the food.

35 minutes ago, Mook said:

I'll never forget the day we got a smart meter in my old house and the boy boiled a kettle to show me how it showed your power usage, I just about twatted him when I saw it shooting up. Cups of tea were banned when I was around after that.

We haven't got a smart meter, so I can't check , no way I'm giving up my hot water bottle for any fucker though. And incidentally , anyone without a furry jacket around their hot water bottle is definitely missing out !

15 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

Hate coming South. Every time I do it seems to get a bit madder. I can drive up here for hours and not see another car. I come to Liverpool and it's aggression, an hour to do 5 miles. Only thing I miss is the sport which won't be named and the food.

I don't mind the cold to be fair , what I can't stand is the wet windy and freezing cold grey shite we get over here on the Iom - very depressing 

3 hours ago, Mook said:

How did you dunk your biscuits?

On 03/12/2023 at 12:51, Captain Turdseye said:

I’m with Mook and Tony, fuck the winter.

It was so long and miserable last year that I swore not to complain once during the summer that it was too hot and I kept to that promise. 

The cold affects my mood and my MS. I’d gladly hibernate if it was an option. 

In our house the heating only needs to be on 18 degrees to have upstairs toasty as fuck. Downstairs, where I spend most of my time, is absolutely Baltic since we put tile floors in. You can genuinely feel the temperature change as you get halfway up the stairs. It’s mad. 

Dressing gown, thermal socks and the odd 10 minute blast of the leccy heater. 

Didn't know about the MS , fair play to you for not being a grumpy cunt 

• Haha 1