You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fernando Torres

Rashid

As a rule, you're funnier when you're being serious.

YOU! Piss off. ;)

You pissed on my chips about Torres.

Hermes, where are you? I have been loading loads of bullets for you and you haven't been here to fire them... FFS people on here don't rate Torres!

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YOU! Piss off. ;)

You pissed on my chips about Torres.

Hermes, where are you? I have been loading loads of bullets for you and you haven't been here to fire them... FFS people on here don't rate Torres!

Hermes is another who is funnier when he is being serious. No wonder you two get on so well, you're like the Chuckle Brothers. A 'comedy' double act with two 'straight men'. You're like two Tommy Cannon's, or two Sid Little's.

I do struggle in making it clear where I am joking and where I am serious... maybe I need more ;)

Back to Torres - anyone got any alternatives? I dispair at our fans these days. Torres shit, Ashton good, and others I won't mention.

Just try and see the world in glorious technicolour rather than black and white. It's not as simple as someone saying Torres is shit and Ashton good. The same goes for he who cannot be named (by you. I'm fine. It's Peter Crouch). Maybe people feel that:

a) Torres is overrated and therefore not worth the 20 million which would decimate our transfer budget

b) He's not right for our system and therefore not worth the money

c) He's not right as a personality and therefore not worth the money

d) Ashton would be relatively cheap, would fit our system, be desperate to play for us and is Premiership proven

e) You can play fantasy football and it doesn't necessarily get results. A prime example are the Galacticos..

f) Crouch wouldn't get in many World XIs, but see the point above. He works for us. Deal with it. And stop masquerading as a political prisoner who has been silenced.

g) Most of us trust Rafa, are happy that the sun is shining and that there are lots of pretty girls outside our windows in summer dresses.

Please just try and answer some or all of these points..

Hermes is another who is funnier when he is being serious. No wonder you two get on so well, you're like the Chuckle Brothers. A 'comedy' double act with two 'straight men'. You're like two Tommy Cannon's, or two Sid Little's.

Can my Crouch ban be lifted? It is against the Human Rights Act 1998 and goes against the very fabric of TLW.

Just try and see the world in glorious technicolour rather than black and white. It's not as simple as someone saying Torres is shit and Ashton good. The same goes for he who cannot be named (by you. I'm fine. It's Peter Crouch). Maybe people feel that:

a) Torres is overrated and therefore not worth the 20 million which would decimate our transfer budget

b) He's not right for our system and therefore not worth the money

c) He's not right as a personality and therefore not worth the money

d) Ashton would be relatively cheap, would fit our system, be desperate to play for us and is Premiership proven

e) You can play fantasy football and it doesn't necessarily get results. A prime example are the Galacticos..

f) Crouch wouldn't get in many World XIs, but see the point above. He works for us. Deal with it. And stop masquerading as a political prisoner who has been silenced.

g) Most of us trust Rafa, are happy that the sun is shining and that there are lots of pretty girls outside our windows in summer dresses.

Please just try and answer some or all of these points..

What is there to answer? I've been told.

I do struggle in making it clear where I am joking and where I am serious... maybe I need more ;)

Back to Torres - anyone got any alternatives? I dispair at our fans these days. Torres shit, Ashton good, and others I won't mention.

No-ones seriously said Tores is shit, just not worth spending £20m of our budget on in a championship winning season to come.

No-ones seriously said Tores is shit, just not worth spending £20m of our budget on in a championship winning season to come.

I cannot understand how anyone cannot admit that signing top players is the only way we can improve! Although improvement in the strikers from this season is hardly difficult - we need a top player up front to win the league.

Guest Momo Sissoko
I cannot understand how anyone cannot admit that signing top players is the only way we can improve! Although improvement in the strikers from this season is hardly difficult - we need a top player up front to win the league.

Change the record you beaut. You were saying the same shite last summer and look how that turned out...

Actually, keep spouting your drivel. It means Rafa is doing something right...

Change the record you beaut. You were saying the same shite last summer and look how that turned out...

Actually, keep spouting your drivel. It means Rafa is doing something right...

How did it turn out? We have been shit up front this season. We needed a goal scorer last summer, we need one now. Rafa knows this and is why he wanted Owen.

Guest Momo Sissoko

So our strikers had a bad season, big fucking deal. We still had a great season and scored a lot of goals.

Is that the way it is with you, one bad season and get them out...

Learn how we do things at Liverpool, you bellend.

So our strikers had a bad season, big fucking deal. We still had a great season and scored a lot of goals.

Is that the way it is with you, one bad season and get them out...

Learn how we do things at Liverpool, you bellend.

Did we? Have you seen our goals scored stats in the PL?

Rafa can find top players for our system for a lot less than £20 mill. Please understand.

joint 2nd highest away from home with chelsea. 4th highest at home after chelsea, United and Arsenal. Hardly horrendous.

Joint 2nd with Chelsea who are a defensive team, and 4th highest? Problem with 4th is that you fail to see the actual numbers. We have been shite up front this season and it is the defence and midfield that have 'made' this season what it is.

Fraid to say I think an expensive foreign gamble wouldn't be wise. After Moro and Cisse (yep, bought by Ged) we need to get it right this time.

That I agree with but how many New Alan Shearers are there? Is that is what you want we have one ready at £12M - Michael Owen.

That I agree with but how many New Alan Shearers are there? Is that is what you want we have one ready at £12M - Michael Owen.

Yep. So I'd greenlight the exit of Moro and Cisse and bring in 2 strikers; one of whom would be Defoe. Owen is just too expensive and too injury prone.

To be fair to Torres I haven't seen enough of him.

Yep. So I'd greenlight the exit of Moro and Cisse and bring in 2 strikers; one of whom would be Defoe. Owen is just too expensive and too injury prone.

To be fair to Torres I haven't seen enough of him.

I have seen Torres miss some sitters but he works so hard and has everything in his locker, how many players do you know with great pace and good in the air? Torres has both oh and I nearly forgot - he scores a goal every 2 games at league level.

Defoe would be cool but would he leave his family in London? He sings in a choir in London - bet you didn't know that!!

I have seen Torres miss some sitters but he works so hard and has everything in his locker, how many players do you know with great pace and good in the air? Torres has both oh and I nearly forgot - he scores a goal every 2 games at league level.

Defoe would be cool but would he leave his family in London? He sings in a choir in London - bet you didn't know that!!

Gospel style or Aled Jones style?

Michael Owen is a top class poacher, and would be useful (if he could stay fit), but he offers virtually nothing these days around the pitch, he was much better when he was 18 and defences would stand off him scared of his speed.

I’d like us to buy someone who combines a bit of Owen with a bit of Crouch.

Is Torres that kind of player? I’m not sure – to me he looks a lot like Baros, bit of a head down bull straight for goal and hit it type. But a bit better.

Joint 2nd with Chelsea who are a defensive team, and 4th highest? Problem with 4th is that you fail to see the actual numbers. We have been shite up front this season and it is the defence and midfield that have 'made' this season what it is.

United scored 5 more than us at home. 4 of them were against charlton who didn't turn up. They scored 10 more away but shipped 9 more. Your problem is, you only see the actual numbers.

United scored 5 more than us at home. 4 of them were against charlton who didn't turn up. They scored 10 more away but shipped 9 more. Your problem is, you only see the actual numbers.

The fact remains, our strikers were bailed out by the midfielders this season. The scoring stats look even worse when you see that stats of our main starting strikers - Morientes and co.