You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

6 hours ago, Gnasher said:

On football related. Arsenal supporters have told the xlub to do one.

20231015_204027.jpg

That is a really strange way to phrase their statement, if you ask me.

"We support the Palestinian people and their right to resist" is a bizarre word choice literally a few days after a mass terrorist attack that targeted civilians. It doesn't exactly say that the attack was justified or morally good, but it is walking a VERY fine line to avoid saying exactly that. There are plenty of ways to say that you stand against what Israel has done to the Palestinians without seeming to justify what Hamas has done.

4 hours ago, razor said:

No you wouldn't.  You're way too far lost down the rabbit hole.

You're a great reminder to people like myself, people who for a very long time have been supporters and advocates for Palestine and express disgust at its inhumane treatment at the hands of the Israeli state, that support for Palestine should never be without nuance.

Your free use of the terms "vermin" and "rats", and your clear support of murder and brutality are a good check point for people.

To get negged so much on what is essentially a thread exposing the brutality the Palestinian people have suffered at the hands of Israel takes some doing, mate.  But you got there.

Vermin? Making up shit now but not surpised. Haven't supported murder and brutality once on here, but will never refuse Palestinians right to fight and resist brutal occupation.

Don't recall you ever expressing an opinion on here except for lurking and negging away like a certain other nobhead, but not surprisingly staying silent on vile racist posts the other way.

Just now, Anubis said:

Kay Burley interviewed the Israeli Ambassador earlier. He denied there was any humanitarian crisis in Gaza and insisted that the only humanitarian crisis was in Israel. Reality appears to have walked out of the door.

There's a Commons question this afternoon. I wonder how much walking back there will be of comments made last week. They're all going to look like chumps when the media starts rolling out from Gaza showing the effects of turning off water and energy.

13 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Kay Burley interviewed the Israeli Ambassador earlier. He denied there was any humanitarian crisis in Gaza and insisted that the only humanitarian crisis was in Israel. Reality appears to have walked out of the door.

She was mental.

It would appear the IDF forces on the ground are emboldened by the support that they are getting from the establishment around the world.

I saw a video yesterday of two soldiers talking to a podcast host remotely. One openly admitted he was happy to flatline Gaza. The other laughed as he said it.

And today we have an IDF soldier openly admitting to CNN that the war is against civilians, not just Hamas. I do note several comments suggesting he says civilians supporting Hamas, but civilians are still civilians.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

It would appear the IDF forces on the ground are emboldened by the support that they are getting from the establishment around the world.

I saw a video yesterday of two soldiers talking to a podcast host remotely. One openly admitted he was happy to flatline Gaza. The other laughed as he said it.

And today we have an IDF soldier openly admitting to CNN that the war is against civilians, not just Hamas. I do note several comments suggesting he says civilians supporting Hamas, but civilians are still civilians.

Utter cuts on the wrong side of good and bad. Fuck them 

Went Tommy Robinson is ramping up your rhetoric surely you must know that you're on the side of the cunts

The pro-Israel rally had 1% (?) of the attendance of yesterday, yet had: 1. Tommy Robinson attending (plus fans) 2. Tzipi Hovotely on stage speaking 3. One participant screaming: "there will never be Palestine. It's our country. My f***ing country" Let's see how it's covered pic.twitter.com/kNiMBQOnJT

19 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Is this the one he got sacked for? And if so can someone explain to me how this is anti-Semitic, as I don’t know what is and isn’t anymore.

image.jpeg

From the BBC website,

The cartoon, featuring Netanyahu operating on his own stomach, showed a cut in the outline of the Gaza Strip.

Bell said the cartoon was spiked after a phone call from the paper suggested it may reference Shakespeare's Shylock's "pound of flesh" line.

He said it was inspired by a 60s cartoon of President Lyndon B Johnson.

Writing on X, Bell said he submitted the image earlier this month and "four hours later... I received an ominous phone call from the desk with the strangely cryptic message 'pound of flesh'..."

Bell said he responded: "I'm sorry, I don't understand," and the reply from the desk was: "Jewish bloke; pound of flesh; antisemitic trope."

Moneylender Shylock, from Shakespeare's Merchant of Venice, is considered to be one of the most notorious Jewish stereotypes in English literature due to his greedy nature.

In the Bard's famous play, Shylock asks for a pound of Antonio's flesh if a loan isn't repaid within three months.

1 minute ago, Megadrive Man said:

From the BBC website,

The cartoon, featuring Netanyahu operating on his own stomach, showed a cut in the outline of the Gaza Strip.

Bell said the cartoon was spiked after a phone call from the paper suggested it may reference Shakespeare's Shylock's "pound of flesh" line.

He said it was inspired by a 60s cartoon of President Lyndon B Johnson.

Writing on X, Bell said he submitted the image earlier this month and "four hours later... I received an ominous phone call from the desk with the strangely cryptic message 'pound of flesh'..."

Bell said he responded: "I'm sorry, I don't understand," and the reply from the desk was: "Jewish bloke; pound of flesh; antisemitic trope."

Moneylender Shylock, from Shakespeare's Merchant of Venice, is considered to be one of the most notorious Jewish stereotypes in English literature due to his greedy nature.

In the Bard's famous play, Shylock asks for a pound of Antonio's flesh if a loan isn't repaid within three months.

IDF air strike on The Globe?