You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stand up or Sit down wiper?

Stood up or sat down?   

15 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

I’m sure we had a poll on this a while back

it I can’t find it. I used to be a stander upper until I discovered sitting down wiping is far more effective. 

However ….. not sure if this is a US thing or just Chicago but it’s playing havoc with me as a sit down wiper. I’ve had to stand up so I don’t get shitty hands. It’s not just the hotel it’s every bog i’ve seen here. @TheHowieLama is it the same in Florida? Do the three seashells not actually exist? 

IMG_4703.jpeg

Toilets in the USA are indeed a strange old game.

They seem have higher water levels than this side of the pond, thereby making what would be a perfectly reasonable routine in the UK a smidgen problematic when applied stateside.

I put it down as some form of toilet based power play, and have so far refused to let it beat me.

US Toilets 0 YR 1.

32 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

There is no bidet??

What is the name of this "4" star hovel they have you in?

YMCA. May as well be. Stunning hotel but no, no bidet and challenging arse wiping. 

Discussing toilets 

Reminds me of being on a train in India. On one side you had Indian toilets 

jodhpur-india-december-8-2019-an-indian-

On the other a western toilet 

There's no water in the western toilet though water appears when you flush. There's no water as there's no bottom or pipes, it's just a hole in the train that empties onto the tracks

44 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Discussing toilets 

Reminds me of being on a train in India. On one side you had Indian toilets 

jodhpur-india-december-8-2019-an-indian-

On the other a western toilet 

There's no water in the western toilet though water appears when you flush. There's no water as there's no bottom or pipes, it's just a hole in the train that empties onto the tracks

Delhi Belly must be fun on an Indian train journey. At least you now know why they all sit on the roof.

42 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

How can you stand up without the butterly effect?

I hover with significant menace, like the Los Angeles mother ship from V.

It's all about having a level of poise, awareness and coordination that sit down wipers can only dream of. 

And a foot on the side of the bath.

5 hours ago, Spy Bee said:

The fact that stand up wipers exist, is almost as shocking as when I found out that some people face the shower.

Or that people shit in the shower and push it down the plughole with their toes.....so i've heard.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1