You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crystal Palace (H) - Sun 14th Apr 2024 (2:00pm)

Trumo

3 minutes ago, Funkasy said:

21 times behind in 32 games.

I was actually defending our resilience on here for all the times we'd managed to come back last week. But at some point you've got to actually learn from the bad starts. It shouldn't need half time virtually every single game to sort ourselves out.

It was an issue at the end of the season we challenged for the quadruple as well. It seemed like we conceded first in virtually every game during the run-in at the end of that season. 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Best fanbase in the world 

I always find these kind of statements weird and funny. 

It's Klopp's final season and of course emotions are going to be running high. Especially when we serve steaming pile of shit 3 times in a row.

If anyone thinks we can get more than 4 points from our next3 games, all away, they want their head examined.

We're broken. Can't score, won't score, can't defend, won't defend.

Look at the chance mateta had.

Palace best header of a ball, Anderson, was left basically unmarked 3 yards from goal to knock it down for an open goal, only for Allison to pull off the save of the season.

How can that be allowed to happen?

I'm convinced had we equalised, we'd have gifted them a winner.

We need a complete shift in tactics for the last few weeks of the season. Shut up shop from minute one and play counter attacking football.

We continue like this, then top4 may even be a struggle.

We don't look like being able to win games at the moment.

If you can't win, don't fucking lose.

1 minute ago, Dapower said:

So I take it klopp never says keep it tight lads but we’ll find out on the Amazon doc 

Maybe we could coach "keep it tight lads"?

I used to rail at Rodgers who either wouldn't or couldn't coach a defence. He never did it. That's either negligence or lack of ability.

2 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

This is it for me. Champions win 1-0 when it's needed. We are usually fucking 1-0 down in the first 15 mins almost every fucking week. Its scandalous that we could not sort this out even in fucking April, chasing for the title.

Ineptitude. 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Best fanbase in the world 

Yes, except some Superfans who really don`t care if we win or lose and who accept horrendous levels of performance and soft mentality and failure at critical moments.

Just now, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

This new manager needs to be the fucking Wizard of Oz, some need heart,some brains and some courage. Fly my pretties.

This new manager needs to set this team up with some decent tactics a well drilled defence and bring back the board with the numbers painted on at Melwood for shooting at

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, redinblack said:

Maybe we could coach "keep it tight lads"?

I used to rail at Rodgers who either wouldn't or couldn't coach a defence. He never did it. That's either negligence or lack of ability.

Yeah it’s pretty fucking simple really 

5 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

What, where he turns with his back to goal, spins the defender, hits it first time with massive power and it hits the keeper?

Yes, the one where the ball falls perfectly for him 2 meters from the goal, and he could easily place the ball anywhere in the goal, but he loses his head (again) and fire the shot straight at the keeper. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

What, where he turns with his back to goal, spins the defender, hits it first time with massive power and it hits the keeper?

Had a third to half the goal to put it in and hit the keeper from less than six yards. Indefensible. His conversion rate is indefensible.

He’s been here for two seasons and it’s not getting better. I kept hoping it would, but it isn’t. Every time you hope he’s turned a corner he goes back to frustrating you. There’s only so many times you can give the thumbs up to chaos before you realise you need reliability.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Judge said:

Yes, the one where the ball falls perfectly for him 2 meters from the goal, and he could easily place the ball anywhere in the goal, but he loses his head (again) and fire the shot straight at the keeper. 

it falls waist high, in traffic

Lord knows I don't like our attack, and the finishing is absolutely the reason we didn't win today, but when you have to play from behind and you're so often playing from a position of weakness, that can't be easy for attacking players. You are obliged to score and every chance feels crucial.

You look at Arsenal and they're just flying because the base and structure is there. They're freed up.

Today again, you're just throwing players forward in desparation, having to pull off another come from behind result. 

4 minutes ago, Dapower said:

No we are not and those teams fight for everything on that pitch and hate to say it but that comes from whose in charge of them 

Arsenal have whimpered out of both cups about as early as they could and barely turned up against Porto in the CL away so I'm not sure that's really as applicable as you think it is, they have however put a brilliant league run together since December(helped by having to play less games no doubt) which certainly shows they are mentally up for it.

2 minutes ago, waddy78 said:

Robbo saying the players fed off the anxious crowd.

So it's Anfields fault that Mo and Nunez couldn't score in a brothel if Rooney was their chaperone and was paying .

Get fucked.  The crowd did a lot better than most of the cunts playing for us today.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, waddy78 said:

Robbo saying the players fed off the anxious crowd.

So it's Anfields fault that Mo and Nunez couldn't score in a brothel if Rooney was their chaperone and was paying .

That's hilarious.

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

Lord knows I don't like our attack, and the finishing is absolutely the reason we didn't win today, but when you have to play from behind and you're so often playing from a position of weakness, that can't be easy for attacking players. You are obliged to score and every chance feels crucial.

You look at Arsenal and they're just flying because the base is there. They're freed up.

Today again, you're just throwing players forward in desparation, having to pull off another come from behind result. 

What you mean they went out in the summer and bought a bonafide quality DM to fill a real need they had? Unlike us who scrabbled about at the end of the window and brought in a few cheap buys?

Its the same narrative time after time and its coming home to roost boys.