You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crystal Palace (H) - Sun 14th Apr 2024 (2:00pm)

Trumo

51 minutes ago, Mook said:

I've felt strangely calm since full time, we can spend the next few weeks fairly relaxed as we've almost certainly fucked it now, whereas the Arsenal supporters will have to live with the stress of needing to win every game.

Gutted that Klopp will be signing off with a league cup only but what can you do.

Losers mentality that 

5 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I wouldn't totally dismiss the tourists.  I was talking to a South African woman in the chippy before the game the other night.  She was probably in her seventies, knew and loved everything about Liverpool FC, but this was her first visit.  She didn't have a ticket for that shambles (thankfully) so she wanted a recommendation for a pub to watch it. (I sent her to Jürgen's.)  She wasn't sure where her hotel was and her luggage (with her clothes and her medicine) was stuck in Zurich, but she was just absolutely loving being here.

She's going today.  If the rest of us can match half her enthusiasm, the place will be bouncing.

We need to get this woman out of the city immediately.

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

On the plus side, a nice evening off for @Caramac

Seems like you can bank on our forward line giving me an easy ride just lately, I thought about posting gifs of our missed chances but then I saw sense haha.

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

If we had won today i bet you a fucking million Arsenal would have followed suit. Fucking football.

If you're old enough, and i am, to remember the 96/97 season. It was ourselves and united going for the league and united lost at home to Derby 2.3 and we had Coventry, similar level to Palace today, at home and we went 1 up through fowler but lost 2 from corners and lost the game.

Very similar feeling i have now better arsenals loss today.

However, the cheating cunts are the real winners.

Who said crime doesn't pay.

1 hour ago, niallers said:

We've 4 national team Captains playing and not a fucking ounce of leadership shown over the last few weeks by them or anyone else for that matter.

Was only saying that on Thursday night we’ve got no leadership on the field at all even before this shit run started

9 minutes ago, niallers said:

If you're old enough, and i am, to remember the 96/97 season. It was ourselves and united going for the league and united lost at home to Derby 2.3 and we had Coventry, similar level to Palace today, at home and we went 1 up through fowler but lost 2 from corners and lost the game.

Very similar feeling i have now better arsenals loss today.

However, the cheating cunts are the real winners.

Who said crime doesn't pay.

Yep David James

Cunt of a performance that. We were so flat. Absolutely no intensity. There's no real positives to take from it. It would have been easy to sub half the team at half time. Special mentions for endo, konate and Jones for that first half. 2nd half was not much better. Robbo was decent throughout. Trent tried to inject pace, but he was rusty as fuck and I think trying too hard to force it. There wasn't really any positive aside from that. 

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Cunt of a performance that. We were so flat. Absolutely no intensity. There's no real positives to take from it. It would have been easy to sub half the team at half time. Special mentions for endo, konate and Jones for that first half. 2nd half was not much better. Robbo was decent throughout. Trent tried to inject pace, but he was rusty as fuck and I think trying too hard to force it. There wasn't really any positive aside from that. 

Pretty much agree with that. Although Gakpo was good when he came on. 

The movement today was shite. Jones for Elliott seemed the best swap on half-time. Dom hasn't looked on it, and wasn't gonna be the differentiator.

2 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

What’s so annoying is I think it’s a reasonable assumption City will eventually be either given a retrospective massive points deduction or kicked out of the league so either us or AFC will end up being nominated as champions albeit in about years time. Alternatively City are found not guilty and Everton, Forest appeal and it drags on for years. Until that issue is resolved, this is all a phoney war so even if City win it will be a pyrrhic victory. 

Neither of those things are happening, there’s more chance of Nunez putting away every single chance he gets than City getting punished in any way that actually hurts them. 

8 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

What’s so annoying is I think it’s a reasonable assumption City will eventually be either given a retrospective massive points deduction or kicked out of the league so either us or AFC will end up being nominated as champions albeit in about years time. Alternatively City are found not guilty and Everton, Forest appeal and it drags on for years. Until that issue is resolved, this is all a phoney war so even if City win it will be a pyrrhic victory. 

More chance of us lifting the league against wolves

10 minutes ago, Jennings said:

Pretty much agree with that. Although Gakpo was good when he came on. 

The movement today was shite. Jones for Elliott seemed the best swap on half-time. Dom hasn't looked on it, and wasn't gonna be the differentiator.

Gakpo wasn't great but he was ok for me. I thought we brought Dom on to try and aid with the pressing. Salah wasn't even trying to cut passing lanes, he was completely passive without the ball..and Dom can sometimes be almost 2 players. It didn't work though, because we couldn't keep groups of players close enough together to make an effective press.