You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crystal Palace (H) - Sun 14th Apr 2024 (2:00pm)

Trumo

13 minutes ago, NoelM said:

I had to go to a funeral with about 20 to go in the game. It was for a young man, 40ish, who took his own life, 4 weeks after his partner passed away from cancer. He left behind a 7 year old daughter and a heartbroken mother and father (I used to play football with him). There was a Liverpool picture on his coffin. It put some perspective on this for me.

Fuck. That's sad and yeah it does. Poor kid.

• Upvote 2

Thought tactically he got it completely wrong today..especially in the 1st half where we could easily have gone down 2 0.Endo is a luxury in games like that.

And If we are Hanging players out to dry,where is konate?

The last 2 games he has been abysmal.

I've felt strangely calm since full time, we can spend the next few weeks fairly relaxed as we've almost certainly fucked it now, whereas the Arsenal supporters will have to live with the stress of needing to win every game.

Gutted that Klopp will be signing off with a league cup only but what can you do.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Mook said:

I've felt strangely calm since full time, we can spend the next few weeks fairly relaxed as we've almost certainly fucked it now, whereas the Arsenal supporters will have to live with the stress of needing to win every game.

Gutted that Klopp will be signing off with a league cup only but what can you do.

I am the same. I am at peace now, it is what it is. 

I just wish we used Clarke and Danns a bit more.

Just feel it was coming conceding early goals missing big chances thought it either villa or spurs where we would fall short. I know it not feel like it after losing back to back games at home but we got the basis of a good squad that cleary needs adding a couple leaving and a manager who can galavanise these players we are not a million miles behind arsenal/city its up to fsg/edwards to get it right

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bizzle10 said:

Just feel it was coming conceding early goals missing big chances thought it either villa or spurs where we would fall short. I know it not feel like it after losing back to back games at home but we got the basis of a good squad that cleary needs adding a couple leaving and a manager who can galavanise these players we are not a million miles behind arsenal/city its up to fsg/edwards to get it right

There isn't better manager than Klopp, a new manager will not get more out of these players. We will not be competing again for the league for a very long time without serious and unprecedented (for LFC) investment in the playing side - this will not happen.

17 minutes ago, Mook said:

It should also raise our chances from 1% to 5% or whatever for Thursday. The league has well and truly gone, might as well chuck every single egg we have available to us in that particular basket. 

43 minutes ago, NoelM said:

I had to go to a funeral with about 20 to go in the game. It was for a young man, 40ish, who took his own life, 4 weeks after his partner passed away from cancer. He left behind a 7 year old daughter and a heartbroken mother and father (I used to play football with him). There was a Liverpool picture on his coffin. It put some perspective on this for me.

Terribly sad, that. Adds some perspective to the day.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Code said:

I dreamt we score seven today, the main problem with the dream is that I played in midfield and provided most of the assists. 

Frankly, I thought you were very disappointing today.  I hardly even noticed you were playing.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Arsenal are also on the edge of dropping points at home so my son is also having a shit day. 

Losing currently. We're both handing it to the fucking cheats.