You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (A) - Sun 7th Apr 2024 (3:30pm)

1 minute ago, Rushies tash said:

In fairness, one game at a time and all that. Maybe they were expecting an aerial onslaught?

Your missus must have been in flying form last night Rushie!

Hope to God she's apocalyptic come 5:30.

2 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

In fairness, one game at a time and all that. Maybe they were expecting an aerial onslaught?

Yeah, I also think he would have been subbed off had we finished the game off in the first 60 mins (as we should have done).

The ONLY threat Utd have is Rashford’s and Garnacho’s pace on the break, so hopefully Virgil leaves Hojlund to Quansah and covers properly for our fullbacks.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Is it how we're managing his fitness or how we're prioritising his game time?

We didn't have to play him against Sheffield Utd knowing Todays game was next.

Exactly utterly bizarre.

Not really having a go a Quansah here, but it's his debut season in top flight professional football. Konate is the French national sides first choice, I don't get it.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Moctezuma said:

Exactly utterly bizarre.

Not really having a go a Quansah here, but it's his debut season in top flight professional football. Konate is the French national sides first choice, I don't get it.

I don't mind Quansah playing, he deserves it, but I think we take odd risks every now and then by playing a player who needs a rest, or is more crucial to the next game.

We've done it with Konate a few times, we stopped Szoboszlai's early season momentum by overplaying him.

6 minutes ago, waddy78 said:

I think it's precautionary Konate got scissored on Thursday night and was down for a while from it,maybe he's still feeling it a bit.

Klopp said he hadn't trained this week due to that tackle.

• Upvote 1

Been confident all week. Now I’m bricking it. These games are horrible, especially at Old Trafford.

As others I fully expect us to be shafted by the officials (again). There will be 3-4 contentious decisions which will all go against us, and Taylor will punish our first real foul with a yellow card. I can see Bradley getting an early card in a tussle with Rashford early on.

I’ve been thinking we will be beating these with ease all 3 encounters, but their biggest weakness (letting teams get lots of chances against them) isn’t something we’ve been able to exploit, as we’ve been incredibly wasteful and (shockingly) their keeper looking just about competent.

Hopfully that ends today, if we finish off our first couple of chances they are in for a mauling (yes, I still believe this). Should we be as profligate as we’ve been, they might sneak a result this time too.

• Upvote 1

So we only change Gomez for Bradley in defence from the side that lost in the cup. I really thought Konate was playing today, maybe that "challenge" from the last game has affected him a bit but nobody is saying anything. I find it weird that he's not first choice if that's not the case and am more wary about the game now.

I'm sure we can still manage it though and I don't dislike Quansah, just thought Konate's experience would win out here. Hope he has a good game.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Red Phoenix said:

So we only change Gomez for Bradley in defence from the side that lost in the cup. I really thought Konate was playing today, maybe that "challenge" from the last game has affected him a bit but nobody is saying anything. I find it weird that he's not first choice if that's not the case and am more wary about the game now.

I'm sure we can still manage it and I don't dislike Quansah, just thought Konate's experience would win out here. Hope he has a good game.

Very strange that Klopp used Konate on thursday instead of today.

• Upvote 1