You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (A) - FA Cup Quarter Final, Sun 17th Mar 2023 (3:30pm)

Trumo

21 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Darwin was fucking woeful their equaliser.

Mac Allister actually pointed out the easy pass to Tsimikas, he ignored him and went the hard way round.

Not clever in your own half.

24 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Don’t know if it’s been posted on here but that fat bald cunt mocking Hillsborough with his hand over his face needs dropping on church street 

even his kids probably hate him

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

That’ll show ‘em…

IMG_1092.png

Why is our badge on that, and not United's. To the casual observer it gives the impression it was one of our fans. Fucking BBC.

I'm also not convinced that is Wayne K's brother-in-law. I think Wayne is a troll and may be making it up. Hopefully he will be identified and if he does turn out to be a police officer, fucked off. Doubt it though. Judging by 'To Catch A Copper' he'll probably be given some advice about conduct, patted on the head, and sent on his way.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Why is our badge on that, and not United's. To the casual observer it gives the impression it was one of our fans. Fucking BBC.

I'm also not convinced that is Wayne K's brother-in-law. I think Wayne is a troll and may be making it up. Hopefully he will be identified and if he does turn out to be a police officer, fucked off. Doubt it though. Judging by 'To Catch A Copper' he'll probably be given some advice about conduct, patted on the head, and sent on his way.

Or if he's SYP, he'll be promoted.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

At one point we looked a good bet to go on and win 4 or 5-1. The mancs had lost the plot. 

Aye but our decision making in the final third was fucking abysmal & we needed a load of deflections to score our goals.

10 minutes ago, Mook said:

We were never hammering them yesterday, with or without Trent.

Purely my opinion but if we got a 3rd when we were really on top we probably would have got a 4th and 5th. The tragedy chanting really took off when they thought they were in for a mauling.

7 minutes ago, Mook said:

Aye but our decision making in the final third was fucking abysmal & we needed a load of deflections to score our goals.

I don't disagree but Trent would have picked up the spaces easily. No guarantee of course that we would have made the right choices in the final third....

13 minutes ago, Mook said:

That 5-on-2 was absolutely pathetic, we'd probably have done better with a 3-on-2 as the three on the right of Gakpo just seemed to get in each others' way.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Smell The Glove said:

Bit of truth in that. It's why his final record is so poor, hes a gambler. However yesterday was just down to piss poor decision making final third.

Agreed.What did you think about the subs made by Jurgen? . We badly need to put them to the sword in 3 weeks

14 minutes ago, whtwht said:

Agreed.What did you think about the subs made by Jurgen? . We badly need to put them to the sword in 3 weeks

Just think he had to make them. Jurgen on the whole has managed the squad brilliantly this season but the Sparta game was a bit odd. Think it was Womble who said the subs made us worse and I'd go along with that, which is mad considering how bad Salah was.

• Upvote 1

It’s taken longer than I’m used to these days, I think I’m over it now. 

I was furious last night. I couldn’t believe we’d regressed to a Bournemouth performance in 2016 inside the space of 20 mins - like that Bournemouth game, the mancs didn’t win the game yesterday, we lost it. 

Still, take the positives.

Like Anfield for them, Old Trafford for us will always be the toughest away game all season. The atmosphere was loud at kick off. Given it’s the first appearance playing for us there for Keheller, Nunez, Mac Allister, Endo, Szoboszlai, Quansah and then Gakpo, Bradley, Clarke and maybe a couple more I’ve missed, apart from the first 20-ish mins, we were the better side.

Given how quickly we’ve matured this season, it is easy to forget what a young / inexperienced side we had out yesterday. It wasn’t the 0-5 where we had a number of heavily experienced players who had played there before and knew the hostilities to expect. For the most part, we gave a very good account of ourselves. At times in the 2nd half, you could tell we were a cut above them, it was almost too easy. 

I know they have some dangerous players, we’re simply a far, far, far better football side. Unfortunately shit like yesterday can happen to the best of sides.

We need to make sure yesterday was an important learning curve and make sure it doesn’t happen again. There is no reason why we shouldn’t, we’ve overcome every other challenge that has been put in front of us this season. We know the hostilities to expect in the league games at Old Trafford and Woodison. If we apply ourselves like we did from the 30th to 85th minutes yesterday, we’ll win both games. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

It’s taken longer than I’m used to these days, I think I’m over it now. 

I was furious last night. I couldn’t believe we’d regressed to a Bournemouth performance in 2016 inside the space of 20 mins - like that Bournemouth game, the mancs didn’t win the game yesterday, we lost it. 

Still, take the positives.

Like Anfield for them, Old Trafford for us will always be the toughest away game all season. The atmosphere was loud at kick off. Given it’s the first appearance playing for us there for Keheller, Nunez, Mac Allister, Endo, Szoboszlai, Quansah and then Gakpo, Bradley, Clarke and maybe a couple more I’ve missed, apart from the first 20-ish mins, we were the better side.

Given how quickly we’ve matured this season, it is easy to forget what a young / inexperienced side we had out yesterday. It wasn’t the 0-5 where we had a number of heavily experienced players who had played there before and knew the hostilities to expect. For the most part, we gave a very good account of ourselves. At times in the 2nd half, you could tell we were a cut above them, it was almost too easy. 

I know they have some dangerous players, we’re simply a far, far, far better football side. Unfortunately shit like yesterday can happen to the best of sides.

We need to make sure yesterday was an important learning curve and make sure it doesn’t happen again. There is no reason why we shouldn’t, we’ve overcome every other challenge that has been put in front of us this season. We know the hostilities to expect in the league games at Old Trafford and Woodison. If we apply ourselves like we did from the 30th to 85th minutes yesterday, we’ll win both games. 

They will give us a similar number of chances in 3 weeks we just need to make sure we kill them off this time and this time 3 will be enough 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dapower said:

They will give us a similar number of chances in 3 weeks we just need to make sure we kill them off this time and this time 3 will be enough 

Strangely, despite winning neither game, I’m more confident we’ll win the league than I was before both the City & Untied games. 

3 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Strangely, despite winning neither game, I’m more confident we’ll win the league than I was before both the City & Untied games. 

On the league and I’ve not looked I wonder if we jam in the derby before the  cup semis because we play Fulham that weekend now and that could be 6pts on the board with city under pressure

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

Jesus Christ, the "we win every single game ever if Jota was fit" thing... Has a player ever gotten more leeway for being injured so often? 

This post is shit, and duly negged. The lad was in great form for us before getting injured in a freak accident. It's fair to think "what mightve been" and its entirely wrong to frame it the way you have.