You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (H) - Sun 17th Dec 2023 (4:30pm)

Trumo

One of those days? Or a result that frankly was coming? 

Does not really matter either way - it is what it is - we didn't lose and we go onto next game that if we win we go top.

Yeah it is irritating not putting these to the sword today - but it says it all about where the two clubs are when they are made up with coming to us and setting up like a bottom 3 team and nicking a point, and we are largely doom and gloom at not dicking them.

1 point off top - 4 ahead of the reigning champions and favourites - over half the season to go....

3 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Typical that when we chave a chance to capitalise on city dropping points we shit the bed. This Liverpool team just dont have the mentality to win the league. 

It's not a mentality thing. They definitely tried hard in this one and they've shown a knack for getting wins from bad positions this season.

We just aren't a great team. We don't have a consistent forward line and have some midtable midfielders.

• Upvote 4

Darwin needs to go back to causing chaos off the bench. 

Endo played well but not first choice.

Gomez at full back and trent in midfield. 

Not a great result but think there was too many people thinking we only had to turn up.

United still shit .

Might be the wake up we need.

Still need a central defender and holding midfielder I  January. 

2 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Too many people on here watched the match with Gary Neville commentating, I see.

Honestly, we were unlucky. Yes, we weren't great, but we stifled them completely and we were quite unfortunate not to see one of those chances tucked away. 2-0 wouldn't have flattered us at all.

I had Lee Dixon.  90 minutes of how well Utd are playing. 

9 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Too many people on here watched the match with Gary Neville commentating, I see.

Honestly, we were unlucky. Yes, we weren't great, but we stifled them completely and we were quite unfortunate not to see one of those chances tucked away. 2-0 wouldn't have flattered us at all.

Oh do one. It was atrocious. We could have played all night and not scored.

Too many players not at the races/too much ego/too much poor attitude s why we are struggling.

Whats happened to Diaz? He used to fly past people now he gets tackled every time he has the ball.

A lot of this is on Jurgen, this system fucks up the players and rings out the little bits of flair you need to win tight games. At one point in the match Diaz was on the centre circle whilst we had the ball and united where on there 18 yard box! How is that possible?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, johnsusername said:

They won't. Why would they break the habit of a lifetime?

They shop in the bargain basement and this is what you get - Endo, Tsimikas, Gakpo. Not good enough.

They spent big once on Nunez and that's blown up on them, he's fucking crap. 

today's not the best day to have a go at your usual targets.  Tsimikas and Endo were our best players.  The big money players were dross.

• Upvote 1

A performance in keeping with our form. Nunez confidence is gone. Gakpo was as bad, as was Diaz. 

Call me old fashioned but I hate this inverted football. It's like the opposite to everything we were ever good at and I don't think it suits most of our players

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

He's been poor for as long as I can remember, which is amazing really considering his numbers as you say.

I've thought this for a while tbh. His numbers and the eye test don't match up at all. I think with him it's a volume game, he will get plenty of chances so will always grab one + pens etc. He's lost a fair bit of pace though so we won't see as many where we counter and he gets in behind and doesn't get caught. One frustrating thing is how he never seems to put any power on anything, every pass or shot is hit like a feather.

• Upvote 2

Remind me to swerve the next game where people say the opposition are shite and we'll win easily. Too many of our players just didn't show up at all today. Van Dijk and Konate defended well enough, but absolutely killed any momentum we had constantly knocking it side to side to each other and pointing. Nothing came off for Salah and Sloboszlai was rightly hooked (Salah should have joined him). Trent played with an unwarranted arrogance and his attempts at defending (knocking the ball away from Garnacho aside) were lazy as fuck. I'm usually one of Nunez's biggest defenders, but he was absolutely thick today. Luckily Utd are actually quite bad or we'd have got done today with any number of the decent chances that they created. Fuck knows what Klopp will do with the half arsed attitude we've played with for most of this season, but he needs to do something and quick.

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

I'm not doubling down, this performance was out of the ordinary for him. 

Nobody needs to discuss players with you anyway, everyone already knows what you're gonna say about x player.

I'm not discussing anything with you - I'm just pointing out you're wrong again.  It's just a fact; it doesn't require a discussion.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mark M said:

Not beating Shite teams at home will cost us the league.

We definitely went into that over confident- hopefully we turn up against Arsenal next week the way we should have today 

Not being good enough to win the league will be the reason we dont win it.

We’ve gotten 10 points from the last four games, which is more than we deserved based on the performances.