You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

22 minutes ago, an tha said:

Worth noting that prior to 2005 chelsea had 1 league title and prior to 1997 1 fa cup.

League 1955, Cup 1970.

Fucking nomarks.

I checked anyway and no they didn't face us after either - they beat Newcastle in 55 and list to the shite in 70.

Now that's what I call research, kudos sir.

7 draws in a row!

That's actually shockingly poor, given that we've been much better than them for quite some time.

Time to put that right in our next league game. 

And qualify for the final tomorrow of course!

• Upvote 1

That run of 0-0's was unreal.

It was an unreal amount of footy without a goal.

The game before the run was 2-2 draw and was 2-2 at half time.

So we had without a goal for either side in games against them

45 mins

120 mins 

120 mins

90 mins

90 mins

465 mins of football without a goal - grim!

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

Yup, plus a European super cup and a charity shield in my lifetime (May have been other charity shields pre-1975, but I couldn't be sure)

They were always a bunch of fancy dans with a rubber backbone back in the 70s and 80s. I remember they won the FA cup in 1970 against Leeds in 2 brutal games. Only trophy I can remember them winning.

• Upvote 1

Progress tonight and I think that's our 10th final in the FSG era (not including the Club World Cup):

3x Champions League (Real Madrid, Tottenham, Real Madrid)

1x Europa League (Sevilla)

2x FA Cup (Chelsea, Chelsea)

4x League Cup (Cardiff, Manchester City, Chelsea, Chelsea?)

That would be 6 of the last 10 against either Chelsea or Real Madrid - and 4 of the last 6 domestic finals against Chelsea. I'm sick of the fucking sight of them.

The Palestinian national soccer team reached the knockout stages of the AFC Asian Cup for the first time after beating Hong Kong 3-0 on Tuesday in a Group C match filled with emotion from the players and the roars of a sympathetic crowd.

The victory, the team’s first ever at the Asian Cup, confirmed their spot in the round of 16 as one of the four best third-placed teams at the tournament in Qatar.

Soccer Football - AFC Asian Cup - Group C - Hong Kong v Palestine - Abdullah bin Khalifa Stadium, Doha, Qatar - January 23, 2024
Palestine's Oday Dabbagh celebrates scoring their first goal with teammates REUTERS/Thaier Al-Sudani

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, an tha said:

Worth noting that prior to 2005 chelsea had 1 league title and prior to 1997 1 fa cup.

League 1955, Cup 1970.

Fucking nomarks.

I checked anyway and no they didn't face us after either - they beat Newcastle in 55 and list to the shite in 70.

its mad how much they have won the last 20 years or so

4 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Bournemouth 5 nil up at half time against Swansea in the FA cup it's on S4C if anyone is interested 

Swansea would have been better off staying home watching reruns of Pobol Y Cwm.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Tj hooker said:

Bournemouth 5 nil up at half time against Swansea in the FA cup it's on S4C if anyone is interested 

Just looked at the BBC Football site and it appears you jinxed the second half for those tuning in.

Bastard.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Just looked at the BBC Football site and it appears you jinxed the second half for those tuning in.

Bastard.

That's good I switched over and watched that documentary on the miners strike , I appreciate the update though