You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 hour ago, SasaS said:

I guess Bayern are thinking if he tries to do the same he tried at Burnley but with better players, this time it might work.

And it probably will, it worked pretty well in the Championship when Burnley had the better players. 

44 minutes ago, Baltar said:

Nobody sticks with Tuchel. He's toxic, and a knobhead. 

Didn't he once say he wanted to follow Jurgen here? 

Atalanta have two games left, there is a big chance this "bang average" team will finish 3rd in Serie A, win the Europa League and be a finalist in Coppa  Italia this season.

I mentioned Gasperini as a possible candidate for us around the time we played them, great manager. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Code said:

Atalanta have two games left, there is a big chance this "bang average" team will finish 3rd in Serie A, win the Europa League and be a finalist in Coppa  Italia this season.

I mentioned Gasperini as a possible candidate for us around the time we played them, great manager. 

Weren't you saying how bad they were when we drew them?

31 minutes ago, Code said:

Gasperini’s age will go against him for big jobs, but he’s been excellent. He made very light work of us and Leverkusen. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Code said:

His Europa League win is the first major honour he's won as a manager at the age of 66. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Megadrive Man said:

His Europa League win is the first major honour he's won as a manager at the age of 66. 

Things are finally starting to clickety-click? 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Code said:

He's done a brilliant job there but Atalanta are a decent side at best. Overachieved by winning the Europa, good for them. They've lost twice as many games as Juve this season as well as losing to them in the final last week and Juve are pretty ordinary themselves.

Atlanta wage bill is around 40 million euros. It would put them in the bottom 3 in the Premier League.

People need to put some respect on Mr Gasperini he's embarrassed Klopp and Alonso. He's been a good coach for a long time. 

The Juventus wage bill is about 5x higher than Atlanta. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

Weren't you saying how bad they were when we drew them?

Just did a search on here now, already in november 2009 I made a list of possible replacement’s for Rafa, I had Gasperini as the second name on that list. 

The below is from March 2010:

“But thinking a little bit outside the box apart from the obvious names among those over the age of 45 I`d like to put forward Genoa coach Gian Piero Gasperini, brought through in the Juve system both as a player and a coach and have been successful whereever he has been doing it playing great football, he is 52 years old though.”

The below is from April this year:

“Atalanta before they appointed Gasperini.

2006/07: 8th

2007/08: 9th

2008/09: 11th

2009/10: 18th - relegated

2010/11: Winner Serie B

2011/12: 12th

2012/13: 15th

2013/14: 11th

2014/15: 17th

2015/16: 13th

Atalanta after Gasperini got appointed.

2016/17: 4th

2017/18: 7th

2018/19: 3rd

2019/20: 3rd

2020/21: 3rd

2021/22: 8th

2022/23: 5th

2023/24: currently 6th

For the last five seasons this is how Atalantas transfer business has looked like, they have made €152 millions from transfers the last five seasons. 

19/20: Sold - €107 m, bought - €60 m, balance + €47 m.

20/21: Sold - €75 m, bought - €62 m, balance + €13 m.

21/22: Sold - € 52 m, bought - €65 m, balance - €13 m.

22/23: Sold - €134 m, bought - €103 m, balance + €31 m.

23/24: Sold - €152 m, bought - €78 m, balance + €74 m.

Gasperini has Atalanta punching well above their weight, could obviously be interesting to see what he could do with better players.”

• Upvote 3

On 15/03/2024 at 10:09, Code said:

They are 6th in Serie A, 28 points behind Inter.

They are awful away from home.

IMG_0238.jpeg

IMG_0239.jpeg

1 hour ago, Code said:

No.

Yeah, sounds like you did think they were shite. Oh well, cant win them all, Code. 

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

Yeah, sounds like you did think they were shite. Oh well, cant win them all, Code. 

Talking about their poor away record as a positive for us since we got a home game first is not saying their are shite, its actually the complete opposite.

Its saying they are good, but their away record is poor so we might be able to get a good result at home so the draw might not be a big issue. 

1 hour ago, Denny Crane said:

Atlanta wage bill is around 40 million euros. It would put them in the bottom 3 in the Premier League.

People need to put some respect on Mr Gasperini he's embarrassed Klopp and Alonso. He's been a good coach for a long time. 

The Juventus wage bill is about 5x higher than Atlanta. 

Negged.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Code said:

Talking about their poor away record as a positive for us since we got a home game first is not saying their are shite, its actually the complete opposite.

Its saying they are good, but their away record is poor so we might be able to get a good result at home so the draw might not be a big issue. 

Ah, yes, of course. The politician's spin there.

Atalanta are a good team but they beat us because Klopp took them lightly. I'm sure had we fielded our best 11 and gave it our best, we'd have won the tie. They're good but hardly great.

14 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Ranieri has also had a decent season.

Thought they just avoided the drop but that's success I guess for Cagliari.  Funny enough going there tomorrow.