You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sadly Arsenal have hit firm at the right time and are being very lucky with injuries. I can see them using last year's collapse as ammunition to go on and win it this year

Just now, Jairzinho said:

I think I speak for everyone when I say the last thing we want to see is Sheffield United completely lose their heads here and just kick fucking lumps out of Arsenal's players.

They couldn't kick a hole in a wet echo.

Just now, Lee909 said:

Sadly Arsenal have hit firm at the right time and are being very lucky with injuries. I can see them using last year's collapse as ammunition to go on and win it this year

I think you may be right, we must be third favourites with all the injuries and playing the kids.

I still think the Abu Dhabi skidmarks will win out by beating us this weekend, then beating arsenal too.

I'm annoyed we let arsenal back into it.

Why do the bitters cry arse over prem league corruption when every season utter shyte like Sheffield United get promoted and make sure they don’t get relegated and a mannequin would do a better job than Wilder 

2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

They're not lucky with injuries, it's more suspicious than that. 

2 teams get away with it, City and Arsenal. 

Arteta served under Guardiola.

Guardiola has previous with performance enhancers. 

Both teams play with intensity, and physicality, I just don't buy the injury luck.  It's the minor knocks, they just don't get them. 

17 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Keep in mind that Arsenal’s next game is a guaranteed three points at home to Brentford. They’ve had a ridiculously kind run of fixtures.

Given that Arsenal’s goal difference advantage will be unmatchable by the time we kick off, a draw for us against City would be a very poor result and a loss is unthinkable if we want to retain any sort of chance of winning the title.

There's the fatalistic nonsense again.

If you lose one game in a title fight, it doesn't mean you have 'no chance' of winning the league. Yes, it would be a huge blow but we would still be in the race.

16 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

If they win away at City at the end of the month I think they will win it.

We have to beat City on Sunday and hope for a draw in the City v Arsenal game.

Arsenal look very good at the moment. The pressure is off and we gave them a huge confidence boost when we lost at the Emirates.

When the pressure hits they'll crumble again. Just like they did at Christmas and in the run-ins last season and the season before. They're just not facing any adversity at this point in time due to a spell when they're playing brilliantly coinciding with tough fixtures.

When they feel that adversity they'll panic again as they always do.

It's strange how quickly Arsenal have been installed as Kings of football. 

Individually they're good, but nothing special. Rice and Saliba the ones knocking on the world class level, the rest are very good players.  

I think they push their luck with physicality in this league, whereas against Porto they committed 22 fouls.  I think PL refs treat them very favourably.