You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Quick “…of the season” questionnaire

JohnnyH

Best game of the season should really be a 100% agreement unless you've a fucking screw lose.  But the others may be interesting

POSITIVES

Player of the season –

Young player of the season –

Best Game –

Best Goal –

Best moment –

Best Signing of the season (Summer or Winter Window) -

NEGATIVES

Worst Game of the season –

Worst player of the season –

Worst Signing of the season (Summer or Winter Window) -

• Upvote 2

POSITIVES

Player of the season – Alisson

Young player of the season – Bajetic

Best Game – the mauling of Manchester 

Best Goal – Bobbys v united for the pure emotion

Best moment – see above 

Best Signing of the season (Summer or Winter Window) - Gakpo looks a player 

NEGATIVES

Worst Game of the season – Bournemoith away because we all knew it was coming 

Worst player of the season – Thiago for me. Hardly plays and when he does he disrupts us. Time to let him go 

Worst Signing of the season (Summer or Winter Window) - Arthur 

POSITIVES

Player of the season – Alison 

Young player of the season – Bajcetic

Best Game – United hammering.

Best Goal –Trent Free kick the other week (Forgot who against now).

Best moment – United hammering.

Best Signing of the season (Summer or Winter Window) - Gakpo

NEGATIVES

Worst Game of the season –Madrid (H)

Worst player of the season – Based on amount of starts etc Henderson/Fabinho

Worst Signing of the season (Summer or Winter Window) - Arthur

Best Game – Mancs at home 

Best Goal – Bobbys v united 

Best moment – shitting on Richarlison's cornflakes

NEGATIVES

Worst Game of the season – Madrid at Anfield. Ripped my fucking guts out, that. 

Worst player of the season – Naby Keita

Worst Signing of the season - Arthur. Just utterly pointless

5 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

POSITIVES

Best moment – see above 

NEGATIVES

Worst player of the season – Thiago for me. Hardly plays and when he does he disrupts us. Time to let him go 

Agree with all of these apart from worst player.

For me, it’s VVD. Obviously there’s been worse players but there isn’t a Most Disappointing/Most Annoying Category so I’m shining a light on him here.

His previous performances, and the bad injury, mean he had/has plenty of credit in the bank but I hope to see at least a better attitude next season, even if his decline continues. 

9 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Agree with all of these apart from worst player.

For me, it’s VVD. Obviously there’s been worse players but there isn’t a Most Disappointing/Most Annoying Category so I’m shining a light on him here.

His previous performances, and the bad injury, mean he had/has plenty of credit in the bank but I hope to see at least a better attitude next season, even if his decline continues. 

Ironically I think VVD was excellent over the last few months. That injury can take a couple of season to overcome for some and playing pointless internationals doesn't help.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Ironically I think VVD was excellent over the last few months. That injury can take a couple of season to overcome for some and playing pointless internationals doesn't help.

It’s a fair point about the international's and the length of time he’ll probably need to recover from the injury. He’s also been better of late, for sure.

Probably a bit unfair, but he’s annoyed me at times this season. Some of his body language and facial expressions have peeved me.

4 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

It’s a fair point about the international's and the length of time he’ll probably need to recover from the injury. He’s also been better of late, for sure.

Probably a bit unfair, but he’s annoyed me at times this season. Some of his body language and facial expressions have peeved me.

I know. I wish I was a rich handsome bastard like him too.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

POSITIVES

Best moment – see above 

NEGATIVES

Only one I'd change would be worst player - Fabinho by a mile for me, until the last month or two he looked like he'd won a competition to play for us. (Dishonourable mentions for Trent (until the switch), Matip and VVD too).

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

POSITIVES

Best Goal – Bobby's v united for the pure emotion

Best moment – Carvalho's winner against those time-wasting Geordie/Saudi cunts

NEGATIVES

Worst Game of the season – Leeds at home; didn't even help to flush the turds

Worst player of the season – Keita.  Off you fuck, son.

POSITIVES

Player of the season – Allison

Best Game – Utd 7-0

Best Goal – Firmino vs Utd

Best moment – 7-0 - all of it.

NEGATIVES

Worst Game of the season – Forest or Bournemouth

Worst player of the season – Probably Keita out of frustration.

Worst Signing of the season (Summer or Winter Window) - Nunez (broke the system and sacrificed Salah) having Salah closer to goal and grabbing a few goals early on instead of isolated out wide would have seen us in the top 4 this season even with our midfield.

Player of the season – Alisson

Young player of the season – Jones

Best Game – 7-0

Best Goal – Gakpo’s 2nd against Manc cunts

Best moment – Firmino scoring the 7th against the mancs 

Best Signing of the season (Summer or Winter Window) - Gakpo

Worst Game of the season – Brighton away, one of the worst performances I’ve ever seen from LFC

Worst player of the season – Gomez, Hendo, Fab, Trent up to April 

Worst Signing of the season (Summer or Winter Window) - Arthur. But Nunez certainly in conversation.

1 hour ago, JohnnyH said:

Best game of the season should really be a 100% agreement unless you've a fucking screw lose.  But the others may be interesting

POSITIVES

Player of the season – Allison

Young player of the season – Jones

Best Game – 7-0 against those bastards

Best Goal – Mo to make it 4-0 v those bastards

Best moment(s) – Bobby scoring in his last 2 games

NEGATIVES

Worst Game of the season – 0-1 v Bournemouth

Worst player of the season – Nunez

Worst Signing of the season (Summer or Winter Window) - Nunez

• Upvote 1

POSITIVES

Player of the season – Alisson with Salah coming second for goals and a mention for Bobby.

Young player of the season – Elliot did well first half of season

Best Game – Man U 7-0

Best Goal – Gakpos second in that match

Best moment – Jotas winner v Spurs

Best Signing of the season (Summer or Winter Window) - Gakpo I suppose

NEGATIVES

Worst Game of the season – Bournemouth away. Utterly abject when we should have been chomping at the bit

Worst player(s) of the season – Kieta, Henderson, Fabinho

Worst Signing of the season (Summer or Winter Window) - Nunez. I like him but don't know where he fits into this formation. I suppose Arthur but we never saw him play.

• Upvote 1

Not easy to do these things when we're good, I thought this would be harder, but it's not. Most seem easy. 

POSITIVES

Player of the season – ali

Young player of the season – I don't really have one here. I didn't enjoy Harvey despite his large number of games. Carvalho was poor. Jones (is he still young?) didn't play enough. And even though he played less, I'd probably go for bajcetic, because he did bring some light to the season when it was very dark. 

Best Game – Salford 

Best Goal – I enjoyed the 1st against Salford the most. 

Best moment – Jota winner against spurs. 

Best Signing of the season (Summer or Winter Window) - gakpo

NEGATIVES

Worst Game of the season – not as easy as the positives. Too many for me. Probably the loss to Bournemouth, forest or leeds. Brighton, wolves, man u, Madrid home and Napoli giving big shouts. As it probably ultimately cost us CL football next year and followed the high of the Salford game, I'm going for Bournemouth. 

Worst player of the season – another tough one. Fabinho. 

Worst Signing of the season (Summer or Winter Window) - that lad who's name I can't even remember. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyH said:

POSITIVES

Player of the season – Ali or Mo. We’d have been fucked without both/either

Young player of the season – Bajcetic and Elliott

Best Game – That 7-0 of course

Best Goal – Harvey v Wolves

Best moment – Jota’s winner v Spurs. Pissed off to ecstatic in a matter of seconds. Plus it pissed on that whopper’s chips

NEGATIVES

Worst Game of the season – Wolves or Bournemouth away 

Worst player of the season – Keita

Worst Signing of the season (Summer or Winter Window) - Arthur purely based on minutes played. I reckon he would have been great if he had been available though. Feel sorry for the guy

POSITIVES

Player of the season – Ali or Mo. We’d have been fucked without both/either

Young player of the season – Bajcetic and Elliott

Best Game – That 7-0 of course

Best Goal – Harvey v Wolves

Best moment – Jota’s winner v Spurs. Pissed off to ecstatic in a matter of seconds. Plus it pissed on that whopper’s chips

NEGATIVES

Worst Game of the season – Wolves or Bournemouth away 

Worst Signing of the season (Summer or WinterWindow) - Arthur purely based on minutes played. I reckon he would have been great if he had been available though. Feel sorry for the guy

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Not wishing to make it a vvd thread, but he was close on my list as worst. But I think over that last run we've had, he seems to have realised vvd in cruise mode is no longer the best defender in the league and he needs to compete for the whole game the way basically every other defender in the history of the game has had to. But he's done it and is looking a fine centre back again even if he's still not the unbelievable one man defence he once was. 

POSITIVES

Young player of the season – Curtis Jones. Given Mac Allister is up for the Young PFA Award, I'm claiming Jones sneaks in. When available, much improved this season. 

Best Game – Man Utd at Anfield. 

Best Goal – Gakpo's 2nd v Man Utd

Best moment – Bobby scoring the 7th in that game.

Best Signing of the season (Summer or Winter Window) - A very low bar. Gakpo.

NEGATIVES

Worst Game of the season – Forest A, Leeds H, Bournemouth A, Wolves A, Brighton A, Brentford A. Take your pick. All horror shows. I'll go for Wolves because I went to that and it was obvious from the 15th minute we weren't getting anything. I went to Brighton & Leeds as well but at least we kept it to 0-0 at h/t at Brighton and despite being awful, we really till should have won that Leeds game. 

Worst player of the season – Keita. However, although they've turned a corner to an extent now, Trent, VVD, Robbo, Hendo, Fabinho, Mo & a few others all need a serious think in the post season about the majority of their performances this season and how to avoid being so off the pace again. 

Worst Signing of the season (Summer or Winter Window) - Athur. At least Ramsey and Carvalho can say they are young, inexperienced lads coming form lesser leagues. This guy was meant to be seasoned international at the top clubs in Spain & Italy.

3 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

POSITIVES

Player of the season – Ali. Still made a few mistakes but got us out of a hole on so many occasions. The only one whose levels didn't tail off this season, even though he was involved so much more than usually as the team in front of him displayed an alarming level of porousness

Young player of the season – Harvey. Stef is in with a shout but his appearances were more fleeting, whereas Harvey made more appearances and worked his bollocks off in an unfamiliar role. He lacks pace and could do with bulking up a little, but he is one of the few who showed improvement this season

Best Game – Obviously the 7-0

Best Goal – I'm struggling a bit here as there were so many spells where we didn't score at all. The one that sticks out for me is Darwin's goal in the cup against Wolves, because the pass from Trent was absolutely perfect in bypassing the defence, beating the offline line, finding his man and not bringing the goalkeeper into play

Best moment – Bobby's goal against Villa

Best Signing of the season (Summer or Winter Window) - Cody. He looks more suited to playing in this team than Darwin

NEGATIVES

Worst Game of the season – Kinell, take your pick. The disaster in Naples, the disaster at Brighton, the disaster at Wolves, the nightmare at Forest, the half-baked showing at Bournemouth. I'm going to pick the defeat at Old Trafford because we were meek, sloppy, uncoordinated, and gave the previously floundering Mancs a glimmer that they might actually be able to get their shit together

Worst player of the season – Big Joe has regressed alarmingly this season to the extent where we've even had to deploy him at right back to try and avoid a total calamity in the centre

Worst Signing of the season (Summer or Winter Window) - Arthur. Signed in desperation after the club hierarchy underestimated our paucity of (effective) options in midfield, he was unfit when he arrived, only got a quarter of an hour at Napoli, then got injured and spent the rest of the season either in the treatment room, with the u21s or picking splinters out of his arse on the bench in the last few weeks

3 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

POSITIVES

Best Game – United

Best Goal –  Bobby scoring in his last home game.

Best moment – Bobby scoring in his last game.

NEGATIVES

Worst Game of the season – Madrid home

POSITIVES

Best Game – 7 nil

Best Goal – tough one this, not many that will live too long in the memory, Nunez against Wolves was brilliant, probably go with Gakpo's 2nd or Mo's 1st in the 7 nil.

Best moment – Shared between Bobby's goal in the 7 nil and Carvalho after 150 minutes against Newcastle. 

NEGATIVES

Worst Game of the season – Forest away, wouldn't have scored if continued playing for a month.

Worst player of the season – Fab, Virgil, Hendo and Trent all had periods where they stunk the place out. Fab pips it because his lasted longer.

Worst Signing of the season (Summer or Winter Window) - Arthur, waste of space.

POSITIVES

Young player of the season – If Jones doesnt count, Bajcetic

Best Game – Man U home

Best Goal – Gakpo v. Man U home, his second one. 

Best moment – All the Firmino farewell stuff.

NEGATIVES

Worst Game of the season – Leeds home was as inexcusable as inexcusable gets. 

Worst player of the season – Henderson or van Dijk, specifically van Dijk because the expectations are so high. 

Worst Signing of the season (Summer or Winter Window) - Nunez because we couldnt make it work. 

POSITIVES

Player of the season –

Alisson

Young player of the season –

Bajcetic(though it probably should be Elliot as not sure Bajectic played enough)

Best Game –

Mancs 7-0

Best Goal –

Nunez vs Madrid or Gakpo vs mancs

Best moment –

Mancs 7-0

Gakpo

NEGATIVES

The midfield and complete lack of heart and fight through tbe first 2/3rds of the season

Worst Game of the season –

Wolves or Brighton away

Worst player of the season –

Take your pick in midfield

Worst Signing of the season (Summer or Winter Window) -

Nunez, still doesn't look like he has a clue what's expected of him. Sounds like he can barely speak the language yet and looks a square peg in a round hole

POSITIVES

Young player of the season – Elliott or Bajcetic. Harvey didnt have a great season by any stretch but he doesn’t have a lot of competition and his attitude was very good. Bajcetic only played 6 or 7 times but was impressive and lifted the place in that short period. 

Best Game – 7-0 Easy

Best Goal – Gakpo's 2nd in tge above game. It showed that it's still possible for a Red Arrows goal after Bobby and Sadio

Best moment – Bobby getting the 7th v the Mancs just after the announcement that he was leaving

Best Signing of the season (Summer or Winter Window) - Gakpo, no competition really. 

NEGATIVES

Worst Game of the season – Forest away was grim but losing our 5.5 year home record in front of fans to Leeds was shit

Worst player of the season – I'm not normally intk this kind of stuff, especially if a player is trying but just isnt good enough. But this is easy, it's Keita. He didn’t want to know and should have fucked off last summer 

Worst Signing of the season (Summer or Winter Window) - Has to be Darwin. I don't think he is a busted flush but this season, pound for pound, he was the biggest disappointment.