You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the Week that Was (Apr 3-7 2023)

tlw content

wtwheader.jpg

Monday Apr 3:

Kinell, Rodgers and Potter were both sacked yesterday. In Rodgers’ case it’s 18 months too late. He has a short shelf life as while he’s a talented coach and initially comes across as quite charismatic, ultimately he’s a snake oil salesman who grates on people after a while. Once that happens it goes downhill. He should go to Spain where his shelf life should be extended a bit due to the language barrier. He speaks it well enough to get by, not not well enough where he’ll annoy the fuck out of everybody.

As for Potter, he should go to Leicester. He’d do well there. They're looking at Jesse Marsch though apparently. Not sure that will end well.

Speaking of Chelsea departees, it’s not just Mason Mount who we’re interested in. My boy Conor Gallagher is on the list too. I’ve got mixed feelings about this. I’ve said for ages he’d be a good fit for us but now I don’t know. Not because of Gallagher, I still think he’s a talented, energetic lad who brings a lot to the table. The problem is I have no idea what we’re doing anymore or what we’re looking for in a midfielder. Are we looking to recreate what we’ve done before, or are we going in a completely different direction?

How come every midfielder we want is a number ten who can maybe do a job as an eight? Other than Bellingham who can do everything, I have no idea what the fuck we’re trying to do. Not that it matters whether I know, just as long as Klopp does.

Meanwhile, Virgil says there will be “hard talking” between the players today as they are “grown men”. Well let’s hope some of that hard talking is directed at him and he takes the criticism like a grown man instead of a spoilt child. I’ve not seen anything from him that suggests any humility or acceptance of his poor form, only comments like “I’m not a robot”. Hopefully behind closed doors he’s more self reflecting.

Not that this is just about him. Klopp should basically just send Alisson out of the room (along with Nunez and Gakpo I suppose), tell them to go and get themselves a coffee as this doesn’t concern them, and then the rest of them need to sort this shit out. We’ve been here before though. Wasn’t there a big crisis meeting after Brighton too? It won’t make any difference.

In fact, when Klopp was asked about Virgil’s comments today and if there was “hard talking” he said “I don’t know which meeting he’s talking about as we have lots. He was in good form considering how fucked things are, and when he was asked about Brendan and Potter getting sacked he laughed and said “the elephant in the room is why am I still sitting here”.

One good thing to come from Saturday is that ridiculous ‘dog in a park’ thing Trent did at 1-4 has done a good job of exposing the total lack of football knowledge from a lot of twitter knob heads. It’s hilarious when you see people using that clip as evidence of what everybody else is doing wrong and how Trent was being ‘let down’ by them. Tell me you don’t understand football without telling me you don’t understand football. It’s embarrassing that anyone fell for that.

View full article

• Upvote 1

• dave u pinned this topic
2 hours ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Speaking of young kids (Koumetio, etc) whatever happened to that young Polish lad who was supposed to be 'the new Messi'?

Still here but he's not very good and never was. Relatively speaking of course. He's a talented kid but nowhere near our level.

10 hours ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Speaking of young kids (Koumetio, etc) whatever happened to that young Polish lad who was supposed to be 'the new Messi'?

He has one foot, can’t look up when in possession and is in the weight class, boxing wise, of a packet of Twiglets. All of these things were true when he got here, of course.

Doak is two years younger, and better.

• dave u unpinned this topic