You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Welcome To Liverpool...Mason Mount

17 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Is there any word on what he might cost? Will he only have a year left on his contract in the summer?

Yes, it'll be his last 12 months this summer. 

However the chelsea journos supposedly in the know are saying he wants parity with Sterling on £325k a week. No way should we be interested in him at anywhere near that money. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Man City? Sturridge? 
I either never knew that, or have completely forgotten it.

2006 FA youth cup final. Liverpool won the first leg 3-0 and lost 2-0 away. Sturridge was the stand out player and scored the 2 city goals at Etihad.

1 hour ago, lifetime fan said:

However the chelsea journos supposedly in the know are saying he wants parity with Sterling on £325k a week. No way should we be interested in him at anywhere near that money. 

Sounds more like we have tapped Mount up for a free next summer. Maybe taking advantage of their new ownership being a bit green. 

1 hour ago, lifetime fan said:

I don't think he will be getting that anywhere but he will get a wage that would put him our top 5 earners for sure.

5 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

I don't think he will be getting that anywhere but he will get a wage that would put him our top 5 earners for sure.

He won't be getting that elsewhere but at the same time I think he's got every right to ask Chelsea for it if they're paying it to players who contribute less than he does.

36 minutes ago, dave u said:

He won't be getting that elsewhere but at the same time I think he's got every right to ask Chelsea for it if they're paying it to players who contribute less than he does.

He can ask for whatever he wants - both he and Pulisic are in the same boat there contract wise and I think Chelsea will be happy to let both go.

Point is, some team will pay him 200 k a week, not sure it should be us.

36 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Hopefully this is true…

77364D1B-744A-4182-9FC9-FD094DCC27EE.jpeg

Cheers. I'll go to KYLE for all my footy related news in future. 

There's too much noise about this so I reckon it is likely he'll join. There's far worse players already in our squad. He can score, stays relatively injury free and has a decent engine. Can't see many downsides really. 

We'd be lucky to have Mount. 

I don't see how Potter doesn't realise what a good player he is, and homegrown, with a good attitude, you just sort it out.  

I'd think Potter's attitude towards it is that he's more likely to sell Sterling this summer and then have a sit down with Mount.  

But with optimism, I'd be hoping that Klopp is approaching a big spending spree with the idea of connected groups of players.  IE, if he gets Bellingham then he wants Mount and Gravenberch.  But if we don't get Bellingham then he targets a different set of 3 players altogether, to complement each other. 

1 hour ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Cheers. I'll go to KYLE for all my footy related news in future. 

There's too much noise about this so I reckon it is likely he'll join. There's far worse players already in our squad. He can score, stays relatively injury free and has a decent engine. Can't see many downsides really. 

He's injured right now. He'll fit right in at Kirkby! 

1889.jpg