You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Switching matches off

Kevin D

Have you  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

I was brought up to never leave the game before the end and to this day, it annoys the fuck out of me to see any of our fans off early. It's not the Liverpool Way. 

I hate watching us on TV at home  totally different experience than being at the match and I get far more critical of the players, more angry and judgemental. 

I switched off Radio Merseyside or Radio 2 when Bryan Hamilton scored against us in the semi-final in 1977. Fortunately, Clive Thomas had a direct hotline to the devil and was informed of the deal I made with him as I mooched about my bedroom booting my Action Man around.

The most recent one I remember was the 2-0 derby defeat at Anfield a couple of seasons ago, I don't usually get annoyed at games these days, but the meekness we showed in that game and the ridiculous penalty decision really pissed me off.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Don't even turn them on anymore. When the team starts making an effort I'll make the effort to watch them again. 

Got more important things to do these days anyway so watching this shambles week in week out is way way way down on my priority list. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

Don't even turn them on anymore. When the team starts making an effort I'll make the effort to watch them again. 

Got more important things to do these days anyway so watching this shambles week in week out is way way way down on my priority list. 

We've only applied ourselves Vs the top 6. I'm of the same opinion, if the players can't be arsed to turn up, why would I cough up any amount of money to turn on?

Fuck that shit. Life is busy enough without sitting through 90 minutes of 11 players not giving a shit.