You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Top 4, Yay or Nay?

niallers

As much as I’d love it, I think it’s just a bit too late, plus I still don’t quite trust this team not to implode against, well, anyone really. You never know of course, but I’m still nay. 5th would be a big achievement considering how fucking appalling we were for a lot of the season.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Mook said:

I've just looked at Man Utd's remaining fixtures and it's not happening unless they have an absolutely monumental collapse.

I would put my mortgage on them finishing above us.

They have two losses, one draw and one win in their last four games. 

2 minutes ago, Code said:

If you dont think we can get top 4 now, then Im not sure football is the sport for you. 

I have us favourites for 3rd now.

IMG_8029.jpeg

Hahahahaha. 

If we make 3rd I’ll fly over and buy you a few pints, mate. 

I’ve recently had a bit of overtime in work so can afford a couple of rounds. 

3 minutes ago, Code said:

If you dont think we can get top 4 now, then Im not sure football is the sport for you. 

I have us favourites for 3rd now.

IMG_8029.jpeg

I've said for a while we're still in with a chance , but I think the Saudis will easily get 6 more points 

Allardyce will have Leeds bang up for that Newcastle game at Elland Road. Might not make a difference, Leeds are shit, but if they somehow get a lucky win I wonder if Newcastle's arses will start to go a bit.

After that they've got Brighton at home, then a guaranteed three points from Leicester at home, then away to Chelsea on the last day.

It looks piss easy for them right now and it may well prove to be but I'm hopeful.

10 minutes ago, TheBitch said:

Hahahahaha. 

If we make 3rd I’ll fly over and buy you a few pints, mate. 

I’ve recently had a bit of overtime in work so can afford a couple of rounds. 

We might have 4th sorted after Villa mate. So maybe you dont need to book the flight. 

• Upvote 1

When the thread was first posted, I didn’t believe we had any hope of fourth.

I’m still sceptical we can do it, even if we win our remaining games, as we’re relying on  Brighton not to win their games in hand, United screwing up at least once more and Newcastle not imploding completely, I think we’ll finish 5th still.

Be happy to be proved wrong though.

• Upvote 1

Would love code to be right and i be wrong, but still think we left it too late to get a run on and left too much to do.

We'll see soon enough.

All we can do is win our last 3 and if it isn't enough well so be it.

Hard to see where mancs lose many points i feel in their last 4.

Wolves h

Bournemouth a

Chelsea h

Fulham h

Geordie Arabia have these:

Leeds a

Brighton h

Leicester h

Chelsea a

Worth noting if Brighton were to win all their games they would finish ahead of us.

Whatever happens we have at least made a bit of a fight of it in recent weeks.