You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

10 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

We really are not.

You think the most we could expect out of our highest paid player in history, a multiple Golden Boot is to show up,  - I expect a little more tbh.

What had Salah won before joining LFC? Genuinely, I don't mean that as a put down but what?

Swiss player of the year a decade ago?

We can take it further - what could he win if he joins Al- Whatever?

IMG_3608.png

June 2024. 200 million minimum plus bonuses. 200 million straight payment. Question is, who replaces him.
Money seems to mean nothing to the Saudis so Liverpool are in a very strong position.  Let’s not forget, they want him to be the face of their project. That costs and it costs big. The amount of publicity they’ll get from it is huge therefore the compensation for us must also be monstrous. In fact I’m going for 250 minimum.

We've got to eat haven’t we. 

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

The point the entire time is his position is disingenuous and not to the club's best interest. And he and his agent know this and know it will become about FSG if they just keep their traps shut long enough. That is the narrative that suit both Salah and the Saudis.

Make of that what you want.

BTW you don't have to agree, but it seems difficult to position otherwise.

Things change though - a few weeks ago his agent publicly said he is committed to us and if he isn't he wouldn't have signed a contract last season. Things might have changed since then, he might have been offered much more and probably his agent too. Things change. 

If as you say it becomes about FSG, they have a choice don't they? Of course the narrative suits Salah, his agent and the Saudis, the player is the one who is always in a strong position at times like this. You want him to come out and declare his loyalty to us, I don't see how he will do that if his mindset is to not down tools, keep training but keep the Saudi option open. 

Agreed, and we know when that was said.

We also know what has not been said a month later.

We’ll find out what it means, if anything, within a week at the latest. At the moment we know that his agent said they have no interest in moving anywhere this transfer window. Nothing we can do to change it.

• Upvote 1

I'd be confident we can cope without Salah. When we lost Tores, Suarez etc we didn't have much other attacking quality in the squad but we've got plenty now. He's 31 and he was a shadow of his former self last year. We could replace him with a young player, or just get Doak in there. Really not worried.

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

I'd be confident we can cope without Salah. When we lost Tores, Suarez etc we didn't have much other attacking quality in the squad but we've got plenty now. He's 31 and he was a shadow of his former self last year. We could replace him with a young player, or just get Doak in there. Really not worried.

Me neither. I am not worried about anyone leaving in fact. They are all cunts, money making cunts. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

I’m looking forward to him and Nunez playing together. If he does go, fuck him, we carry on.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JagSquared said:

Was gravenberch confirmed? Bayern deal for palinha off

According to Pearce and Joyce the Palhinha deal has no bearing on the Gravenberch deal and the fact his move from Fulham to Bayern collapsed is irrelevant, so yeah it's probably off.

3 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

1. Sell him like they did with Torres.

2. Keep him like they did with Suarez.

So:

1. Against the club's wishes in January after downing tools and putting in a transfer request.

2. Reluctantly, because we fear him biting someone.

BTW the first bit is what I have been saying the whole time -- all he has to do is put in a transfer request and it is done.

The first is certainly untrue - we know what was said a month ago.

The second, yea man.

I think you need to relax about the whole thing mate. The Saudi issue is a new one but a big one, anything can happen to any player in this league, Salah included. Who'd have thought Henderson will be playing in Saudi come this summer? 

If Salah goes, he goes. Personally I hope he goes in Jan leaving us time to source a replacement but I wouldn't give a flying fuck if he left now. I just hope we get the maximum possible and spend most of it come Jan and manage until then. 

• Upvote 1

We've got a 30 goal a season striker sitting on the bench twiddling his thumbs and a player who has been playing that right wing position like a machine in the first three games overlapping Salah.

If the worst comes to the worst we can just patch it up for 4 months and see where we are.

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

The first is certainly untrue - we know what was said a month ago.

The second, yea man.

It’s not untrue, nothing else has been said, certainly in public. In private? Well we are back to conjecture. Your conjecture might be correct, his head might have been turned, but there’s no proof of it yet. Going round in circles now, I’ll wait and see what happens and then get on with life. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

What?

That is literally the least we could expect. He's under contract, he doesn't have any choice. Unless he downs tools - even then he doesn't.

Torres - Coutinho - Suarez …

26 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

We could expect him - or his hangers on - to say a bit about loyalty to the club that turned him from a class B world level player in Italy into one of the biggest players in the world. But for some reason we don't.

No. It doesn’t work that way in professional football. And you know that.