You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

2 hours ago, Strontium said:

We had all this last year, about how we shouldn't fret because there's still a month of the transfer window left. In the equivalent time period (Aug 1 to Sep 1) last season, we signed one player - Arthur on loan. In the equivalent time period the previous season, we signed zero players. This despite similarly glaring squad deficiencies as we have now. So please, FSG apologists, spare us the gaslighting.

I'm going to balance your stunning sample size of 2, generously including 1 when a loan signing was actually made against Klopp saying we definitely need to bring someone in. 

I know where my money is going. 

17 minutes ago, Mook said:

I think you just need to acknowledge this is the way transfer windows will go on the forum as long as FSG run the club.

And when David Moores ran the club. And when Stadler & Waldorf ran the club…

Anyway, my original point in responses that we should be spending money like Chelsea and Moshiri would be spending more money to keep his club on top. With absolute pearlers like that, I’m quite happy to with my opinions. 

5 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Klopp is never going to call them out. You've seen as much as he's going to do by saying we need players and previously that he would like them to take more risks. It's never going to be more than that. 

I’ve mentioned it about 100 pages ago, we’ve seen managers go to war with the owners and how did that turn out. Klopp is manager of LFC and will manage the team he’s given and to be honest I’m glad he is as it’s nit worth thinking about without him.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, redrosetints said:

I’ve mentioned it about 100 pages ago, we’ve seen managers go to war with the owners and how did that turn out. Klopp is manager of LFC and will manage the team he’s given and to be honest I’m glad he is as it’s nit worth thinking about without him.  

I also think klopp is pragmatic enough to believe his best chance of winning is if the players and the fans are focused on supporting the team and not focused on the bunch of cunts who sit in Boston.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, redrosetints said:

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

I also think klopp is pragmatic enough to believe his best chance of winning is if the players and the fans are focused on supporting the team and not focused on the bunch of cunts who sit in Boston.

Agree with those points. Control what you can control. Don't give the players even a hint of an excuse to drop whatever intensity/quality he can get out of them by distracting from his core role.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Bogman said:

I'm slightly more intrigued with the money Arsenal are spending.

Imagine Klopp having those purse strings to purge, let alone City's.

Unfortunately, this golden era has been blighted by City and FSG. Pity.  

Impossible.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

The FSG defence team really are like Evertonians, thick skinned, unwavering and loyal.

Despite everything. Keep it up boys hopefully your positivity will sigh us three new players in the next few weeks. If not then that’s life, no?

imagine thinking we’ve always had shit owners is a defence.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

Another club has had a 80m offer for Caicedo turned down by Brighton 

In the same way I’ve definitely had better offers for my trainers I’m selling on Vinted but if I haven’t had the asking price by Friday I’ll reluctantly sell them for 50p.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

Negged for Wool lingo. 

Sorry I should have made it clearer. My trainers are a collective group of mostly males that I employ to run trains on your mum/closest living female relative for OnlyFans content. I’d never use that term to describe footwear.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Grinch said:

imagine thinking we’ve always had shit owners is a defence.

Do you disagree with…

David Moores - Ran the club like a 6th form tuck shop, joint managers, Athens, letting the mancs become significantly better / more successful than us & selling to Waldorf & Stadler?

Waldorf & Stadler - Do I really need to comment…? 

…if you disagree with the above and saw unrivalled success during their tenures, I would like you to kindly show the evidence please. 

2 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Do you disagree with…

David Moores - Ran the club like a 6th form tuck shop, joint managers, Athens, letting the mancs become significantly better / more successful than us & selling to Waldorf & Stadler?

Waldorf & Stadler - Do I really need to comment…? 

…if you disagree with the above and saw unrivalled success during their tenures, I would like you to kindly show the evidence please. 

You've missed his point.

1 hour ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

The FSG defence team really are like Evertonians, thick skinned, unwavering and loyal.

Despite everything. Keep it up boys hopefully your positivity will sigh us three new players in the next few weeks. If not then that’s life, no?

I’m pretty sure I’ve read I’ve seen all posters, pro / neutral / against FSG, all making the same points.

The way people go about making their points greatly varies - the more laid back “trust the experts, we have time” to the more aggressive / proactive “it should all have been done yesterday”.

Ultimately, although the working outs are massively different, the bottom line remains the same.

Or do you disagree?