You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

1 hour ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Hate transfer windows with this lot, it’s like a scratching nails down a chalk board. 

Transfer windows with Randolph and Mortimer were no picnic.  Nor were transfer windows with Moores.  Before that, there were no transfer windows.

Basically, you just hate transfer windows.  Fair enough; they're not my favourite time of the year, either.  The difference is that I choose not to wallow in my own boiling piss.

Watching the Fluminese game and a sweaty South American shitfest.

Our boy Andre playing CDM in a 433. He's stocky, gritty, quick, a bit too handsy and cynical perhaps, but maybe that's something we're lacking.

Based on what I'm seeing here, my gut instinct is a no.

Fluminese still behind after 40 odd minutes, half time approaching.

4 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Our boy Andre playing CDM in a 433. He's stocky, gritty, quick, a bit too handsy and cynical perhaps, but maybe that's something we're lacking.

Which channel mate?

57 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Based on what I'm seeing here, my gut instinct is a no.

Looking at the press it looks like we are in for him and it  looks like we are low balling again , Fulham’s 19M offer was rejected so we have come in with a deal blowing 21M. 

6 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Jurgen needs to fucking grow a pair. He could walk into any job in football. He’s the golden goose to fsg. Fucking speak up man!

I find this sort of thing utterly mystifying.

1. The transfer window isn't closed - and Jurgen has already said publicly that we are trying to buy more players.

2. Even if it were, Jurgen has many, MANY times talked about how opposed he is that the solution to all problems is transfers. Now, you obviously disagree with him there, but expecting him to suddenly come to a realisation that the season's prospects depend on the size of the warchest he can get the owners to part with this summer is pure fantasy.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Transfer windows with Randolph and Mortimer were no picnic.  Nor were transfer windows with Moores.  Before that, there were no transfer windows.

Basically, you just hate transfer windows.  Fair enough; they're not my favourite time of the year, either.  The difference is that I choose not to wallow in my own boiling piss.

I’ve got an awful / hilarious mental image of somebody stewing away in piss filled jacuzzi…

…while Urethral sounding, self flagellating, being pegged by somebody wearing a pineapple for a dildo and designing their next human centipede, obvs. 

• Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

I find this sort of thing utterly mystifying.

Things The Beef constantly complains about Liverpool…

1) The owners. 

2) The supporters.

3) Half the team. 

4) The Anfield expansion.

5) And new to the list, Klopp.

…not really left to actually enjoy is there?

7 hours ago, bizzle10 said:

Sadly if they were the 3rd richest club in the world according to turnover the Mosh would do more than our owners to keep us at the top 

We’ve had Chelsea and The Ev used as examples of how to buy players in the last couple of pages. 

Absolute comedy gold. 

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

We’ve had Chelsea and The Ev used as examples of how to buy players in the last couple of pages. 

Absolute comedy gold. 

There's a happy medium though, I don't think many of us want the club to spend as much as Chelsea or buy a load of shite like Everton but we should have definitely been doing more than we have done in the market over the last three years.

Klopp said he wanted the new players in early and here we are dicking about with Southampton with ten days to go until the season starts.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Mook said:

There's a happy medium though, I don't think many of us want the club to spend as much as Chelsea or buy a load of shite like Everton but we should have definitely been doing more than we have done in the market over the last three years.

Klopp said he wanted the new players in early and here we are dicking about with Southampton with ten days to go until the season starts.

Yeah, think 80% of the people on here are in the same boat that FSG are tight and just a small bit extra spending through their time would have been fine to help Klopp out instead of the Ben Davies and Arthur type situations. 

I think did get the most important new players Klopp wanted in early this time though, it’s just we didn’t plan on Hendo and Fabinho leaving, so now we’re flapping about. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Jurgen needs to fucking grow a pair. He could walk into any job in football. He’s the golden goose to fsg. Fucking speak up man!

Klopp is never going to call them out. You've seen as much as he's going to do by saying we need players and previously that he would like them to take more risks. It's never going to be more than that. 

49 minutes ago, Mook said:

We could* also be looking at the end of this summer at a team that has completely rebuilt it's attack and it's midfield in that time period.

As does every manager, he's also experienced enough to know that transfer windows are fluid and you can't always do your business early or to a timetable you'd like, in fact he said it himself but those quotes get mentioned far less often.

*might, might not, could, could not etc etc

10 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

They've lost money in the last 2 financial years. Last financial year they turned over 150m. Their revenues are going to be down £30m minimum. They've spent about 10m net this summer, which while that doesn't sound a lot, it's something they couldn't manage in the premier league. And their owner, no matter how willing to ensure their stability, has very little capability of putting money in to cover losses. They might well have been sound in the PL, but they're a championship side now. The profit and sustainability rules in the EFL are just £15m loss over 3 years (5m per year) or £39m loss over 3 years if the owner puts in the money to cover losses as equity, this cannot be a loan. And as points deductions show all over the place, the EFL stick to these rules and punish those who don't adhere to them. It's not the shit show we see in the PL. It's why I don't believe Southampton hold all the cards here. The only thing they had going for them was interest from arsenal and Chelsea, neither of which seems serious.

This is why instead of playing games for a month, we should have put a bid in quickly and been ready to move on quickly, because Southampton would have seen their arse. 

Wasn’t aware of that. I think my mate means relative to how they used to be they are less desperate but would still have to sell. £15 m maximum loss in 3 seasons loss a very strict rule!

13 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

We could* also be looking at the end of this summer at a team that has completely rebuilt it's attack and it's midfield in that time period.

*might, might not, could, could not etc etc

Hypothetical stuff is great but the midfield rebuild should have started a year ago & our falling from 2nd to 5th place in the league is evidence of this.

1 minute ago, Mook said:

Hypothetical stuff is great but the midfield rebuild should have started a year ago & our falling from 2nd to 5th place in the league is evidence of this.

It's no more hypothetical than than the alternate, we're both still waiting on the next 4 weeks.

Klopp had plenty of opportunity to buy midfielders but consistently chose to plough resource into the attack which suggests where his priority was at that time and even into the season just gone the plan wasn't a complete re-build of the midfield.

You can argue that 'well we should have done both' or even we could have done a bit of both, but they didn't.

1 minute ago, TD_LFC said:

It's no more hypothetical than than the alternate, we're both still waiting on the next 4 weeks.

Klopp had plenty of opportunity to buy midfielders but consistently chose to plough resource into the attack which suggests where his priority was at that time and even into the season just gone the plan wasn't a complete re-build of the midfield.

You can argue that 'well we should have done both' or even we could have done a bit of both, but they didn't.

Aye, Klopp has to take his fair share of the blame for our fall from grace last season.