You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mon 2 Jan 17:30 Brentford vs Liverpool

Lee909

Fight. Organisation. Urgency. Ruthlessness. Poise. Up-tempo. Bravery. Skill.

I don't ask for much.

I didn't even know this one was a 5:30pm kick off until they mentioned it in the Leicester game. We may or may not have Gakpo available, but what we MUST have available is a defence and midfield that is switched on and aware of the movement and positioning of their opponents when we have the ball, but more importantly, when we DON'T have the ball. We have to start controlling games and not giving our opponents a sniff first and foremost, and then think about making and taking chances.

Brentford picked up a good win at West Ham, but let's start 2023 the right way with a solid and controlled performance along with the 3 points. Get it done.

Oh, and before it's pointed out, I know they don't play at Griffin Park any more!

• Upvote 1

This will be fucking hard, unless the Fabinho that returns from paternity leave is the 2019/20 version. They work like bastards and some of them aren't short on ability, either. Obviously, if Toney is missing, that would help us, but we're not short of injuries either.

If we play like we did tonight, we'll get dry-bummed - so let's not do that.

Just get these beat, Reds.

Not sure Gakpo will get the paperwork approved intime 

So

I'd like to see

Alisson

Gomez

Konate

Virg

Tsmikas(assume robbo is out)

Fabinho

Thiago

Trent

Nunez

Bobby

Salah

Expect

Alisson

Trent

Konate

Virg

Fabinho

Thiago

Nabby

Nunez

Bobby

Salah

32 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Not sure Gakpo will get the paperwork approved intime 

So

I'd like to see

Alisson

Gomez

Konate

Virg

Fabinho

Thiago

Trent

Nunez

Bobby

Salah

Expect

Alisson

Trent

Konate

Virg

Fabinho

Thiago

Nabby

Nunez

Bobby

Salah

I'd be surprised if Firmino is fit.

20 minutes ago, an tha said:

I'd be surprised if Firmino is fit.

Firmino quote

“I’m already healed, thank God. I’ll probably train tomorrow [Thursday].

“Then all being well I’ll be ready not for the next game [Leicester] but the one after that [Brentford]. So all great.”

4 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Firmino quote

“I’m already healed, thank God. I’ll probably train tomorrow [Thursday].

“Then all being well I’ll be ready not for the next game [Leicester] but the one after that [Brentford]. So all great.”

If it is a choice between a half fit Bobby and Oxlade then it is Bobby every time.

We'll see how it plays out 

They'll beat us because we are more than a bit shite. The way our midfield is I wish we could just play to our strengths have the midfield stay deeper closer to our defence and fill the gaping chasms we are leaving everywhere. If last night was just one of those games you could brush it aside and say we will do Brentford but we are repeating the same performance game after game.

We all have differing views though some are saying Elliot had a great game me I think he's neat and tidy but that's it his place in the side makes us a worse side. He's the least of the problems though.

They are one of the most aggressive teams in the league. Very energetic and physical. The type of team that can exploit our lethargic midfield. We need energy in this game. Hendo and Thiago will probably need a rest after last night. We’ll likely go with:

Keita-Fabinho-Elliott 

Fabinho needs to be at his best for this one.

9 hours ago, Trumo said:

Fight. Organisation. Urgency. Ruthlessness. Poise. Up-tempo. Bravery. Skill.

I don't ask for much.

I didn't even know this one was a 5:30pm kick off until they mentioned it in the Leicester game. We may or may not have Gakpo available, but what we MUST have available is a defence and midfield that is switched on and aware of the movement and positioning of their opponents when we have the ball, but more importantly, when we DON'T have the ball. We have to start controlling games and not giving our opponents a sniff first and foremost, and then think about making and taking chances.

Brentford picked up a good win at West Ham, but let's start 2023 the right way with a solid and controlled performance along with the 3 points. Get it done.

Oh, and before it's pointed out, I know they don't play at Griffin Park any more!

They dont?