You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mon 2 Jan 17:30 Brentford vs Liverpool

Lee909

2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

The fact Carvalho can't keep Ox out the side tells you how far away he is. He really should ha e gone out on loan this year, but then that would have required not having so many injury prone players and actual investment in tbe squad

Keita unable to get in ahead of a kid who isn't really a midfielder and is learning job on the fly is damning about Keita too - a lot of our supposed depth is non existent really because Klopp just does not trust it.....and as a result we end up overplaying players and or ending up shoehorning players into positions they are not best suited to.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, J-V said:

We should just stick Tsimikas on the wing.  Offers far more than OX even if he had both legs amputated.

I expect Ox to score tonight, now.

Yeah would be the worst thing to try. At least he'd keep some width. 

Hendo suffering from a concussion 

Just now, Redder Lurtz said:

Just a wild stab in the dark here but I'm going to say AOC and Elliot will be poor and get subbed. 

It’s probably pre-planned that Keita will be on for Elliott on 60, managing minutes and all that. Curtis on did Ox around the same time ( because Ox has been anonymous again 

1 minute ago, sir roger said:

If we can scramble through this, then at least we will have some more options in midfield going forward, with Jones and Keita there or thereabouts. Hopefully Bobby not too far away. 

We've had the forwards decimated by injuries...Midfield is always carrying casualties.

Must be time for defence to be decimated now.... Robbo on Fri, expect one tonight....

Reasons I'm feeling shit today.

I'm now off the ale.

Spent most of the day putting deccies in the loft and general tidying up.

Blue bin is full to fuck and not collected until Friday.

Back in work tomorrow.

Potential banana skin game coming up.

However all the above is cast aside as we get to see more of Darwin.

• Upvote 1

These like to have a go don't they and even for all the talk about how they can outpace us, outmuscle us and outwork us etc and even with passengers like Oxlade in side, we still have more quality than them.....and them having a go will suit us.

So i'm going 3-1 the redmen with a few dodgy moments as usual and some questionable game management, but ultimately our extra quality to tell.

6 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I know we have a few high profile attackers injured, our options to change the game from the bench tonight are dreadful.

3 centre halves on bench says it all...

But it has been same all season - too many injuries and seemingly 1 or 2  new every game.

Too much dead wood being asked to contribute - oxlade playing in front 3 ffs...

Adding to squad as we have with Gakpo is so desperately needed.

5 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Blue bin is full to fuck and not collected until Friday.

Unbelievably stressful situation that doesn’t get many headlines.

19 minutes ago, stringvest said:

If we get done with the ball over the head of the FB again, it will be a bit of a disappointment. 

Yep. It’s not like we don’t know that it might be a ploy today.