You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mon 2 Jan 17:30 Brentford vs Liverpool

Lee909

9 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Keita is shite, hot and cold, lazy, unpredictable and tactically hopeless. He's only putting a shift in because he needs a new club. Fire him into space.

While all that is true he's also better than most of the midfielders we have.

12 hours ago, an tha said:

I know Jurgen keeps saying, publically, we dont need CL participation to attract the better calibre of player and if a player only wants to join us because we're in the CL, he doesnt see signing them as being a good move. I think he knows that's not the case deep down.

Failure to get in the CL will hurt our plans for next season.

But, the issue is if we miss out on CL footie next season, which is I hate to admit looking more and more likely, how long are Alli, Mo, Diaz, Jota, Konate and a few others, going to stay if we fail to qualify for a season or 2 after that?

It was hard enough getting back into the CL if you dropped out of the top 4. That was before Kronke loaded a £150m transfer spend loan onto arsenal, the Saudi's rocked up at the 'toon' and boehly being given a £250m FFP exempt transfer kitty for seeing off filthy Russian gangster money.

Staying in the top 4 for CL qualification became a lot harder from the beginning of the season. Once you're out, getting back in will be much tougher.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I know Jurgen keeps saying, publically, we dont need CL participation to attract the better calibre of player and if a player only wants to join us because we're in the CL, he doesnt see signing them as being a good move. I think he knows that's not the case deep down.

Failure to get in the CL will hurt our plans for next season.

But, the issue is if we miss out on CL footie next season, which is I hate to admit looking more and more likely, how long are Alli, Mo, Diaz, Jota, Konate and a few others, going to stay if we fail to qualify for a season or 2 after that?

It was hard enough getting back into the CL if you dropped out of the top 4. That was before Kronke loaded a £150m transfer spend loan onto arsenal, the Saudi's rocked up at the 'toon' and boehly being given a £250m FFP exempt transfer kitty for seeing off filthy Russian gangster money.

Staying in the top 4 for CL qualification became a lot harder from the beginning of the season. Once you're out, getting back in will be much tougher.

Definitely.

You have to act like a CL club when you aren't in it and spend money to improve to get back in - but it can be harder to get the players you want.

Look at Arsenal - they have been out for what 4 or 5 years now, but they have continued spending money and trying to improve - they have certainly not always got it right and they have made some bad buys - but the ambition has always been very clear - now they are going to get their reward.

If we as a club back Klopp whether he gets top 4 this year or not he will get it right, but he has to be backed and being backed should not depend on getting top 4 and he has to be backed to get us back if we don't get it.

3 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

You're telling me I'm racist, I'm totally disagreeing, and I win because only I know what I meant when using that phrase.  

For those catching up with this bollocks, to save you scrolling back to my comment, it's my use of the descriptor 'cross monkey' with reference to Trent's ROLE in the team.  It's not describing Trent. 

Case closed. 

Cross merchant will be used in future. 

I have been following this game for near 50 years and have never heard anything remotely like that to describe a players role.

Any player. In any role.

What happened to the reference to athleticism? The trope?

Shutting the fuck up for awhile would be best.

The only positive I can take from the game was the best poor scouser tommy that was sung, which was the best sung version I have heard in over 20 years.

Other than that - midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield.

1 hour ago, Chip Butty said:

The only positive I can take from the game was the best poor scouser tommy that was sung, which was the best sung version I have heard in over 20 years.

Other than that - midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield.

Maybe! I'm thinking we need another left sided forward, possibly two.

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Maybe! I'm thinking we need another left-sided forward, possibly two.

Let's just go the whole hog and go for 3 left-sided forwards that way we can bypass midfield and just keep kicking it wide left, and problem solved. That aside I'm still fuming about last night and even Leicester (we were lucky) nothing is changing in regards to formation, tactics, and positional problems being addressed and fixed (midfield) I'm still fucking puzzled as to why we spent all our January money (it the quotes were true) on another fucking forward whilst our midfield is on its arse and were leaking goals like fucking Norwich. It's an unpopular thought I know but Klopp and his coaches need fucking for this, Klopp said we aire some dirty laundry in Dubai and got some things cleared up.....well it didn't work its the same nothing has been fixed nothing has been addressed if we can't buy anyone then change formation stop shipping goals tighten up the midfield or go 3 at the back but nothing same old same old now I want Klopp here as manager but it doesn't make him bulletproof he's got some big issues to fix and if he doesn't then what? we just carry on? the way Newcastle / Chelsea / City even Utd and Arsenal are spending money missing out on the top 4 could be a long slog to get it back, Bellingham is a pipe dream whilst FSG are here let's be realistic and fix the problems legs and power in midfield will be a big help.

1 hour ago, Mook said:

Has anyone said they want Klopp out on here?

The Tory Dog walker has gone pretty close.

On 02/01/2023 at 18:31, Captain Willard said:

I’m starting to think we’ve gone as far as we can with Klopp. He’s too sentimental, too loyal to shit players, not ruthless enough. We need to make 5 subs here but he won’t change anything until the 87th minute, I’d like to see Thomas frank given the job.  

On 02/01/2023 at 19:47, Captain Willard said:

I don’t think Klopp actually cares that much anymore. He’s won everything possible, made millions, seen it all before. I remember the old Klopp screaming at the players, running down the touch line, shouting at referees. Now we concede 3 goals and he just stands there grinning. He’s waiting for the German job.  

On 02/01/2023 at 19:27, Captain Willard said:

At the final whistle, Klopp will come on, big grin, shake everyone’s hand. It’s all a big Fucking laugh. 

On 02/01/2023 at 19:16, Captain Willard said:

I’m so Fucking sick of the sight of Klopp laughing at yet another defeat. Just fuck off. 

1 minute ago, Harrison Booth said:

I've never understood anyone posting during a match.

Posting that we should change the manager during the match is even less comprehensible.

Having said that, I'm not sure tory boy constitutes a 'brigade' on his own.

4 minutes ago, Harrison Booth said:

Yes all me. Said in the heat of the moment of a terrible performance and obviously he's by far the best manager the club have ever had but I do think ;

He's not ruthless enough anymore

He's too loyal to players who are not up to the Premier League anymore (Keita, Milner, Elliot, Chamberlain)

He doesn't seem to care as much as the Klopp of old

That bemused toothy grin when we concede soft goals drives me mad. 

I do wonder if his heart is really still in it. He's made millions, won everything apart from the world cup. He must struggle to raise his personal motivation for Brentford away knowing the league has gone when the German job is waiting for him. 

29 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Yes all me. Said in the heat of the moment of a terrible performance and obviously he's by far the best manager the club have ever had but I do think ;

He's not ruthless enough anymore

He's too loyal to players who are not up to the Premier League anymore (Keita, Milner, Elliot, Chamberlain)

He doesn't seem to care as much as the Klopp of old

That bemused toothy grin when we concede soft goals drives me mad. 

I do wonder if his heart is really still in it. He's made millions, won everything apart from the world cup. He must struggle to raise his personal motivation for Brentford away knowing the league has gone when the German job is waiting for him. 

With the exception of giving Thomas Frank the job you have essentially repeated everything you said in the heat of the moment.

3 minutes ago, Harrison Booth said:

With the exception of giving Thomas Frank the job you have essentially repeated everything you said in the heat of the moment.

Ha ha yes on rereading I see that.  Well I'm still pretty cross. It was one up there as one of the worst performances I have seen by LFC and I've been going to watch them for 40 years. Coventry away in 1992 was maybe worse.