You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Something Fishy about Rishi

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

If we made a few other adjustments such as reigning in tax relief, raising Capital gains to the same rate as income for top earners. A modest wealth tax then the treasury would benefit by appox £8-10 billion a year without blowing its nose. 

I think you are saying you want the rate raised to 48% - still no idea where the 8 bil and the nose come in.

The link is saying 18 bil a year

"'Without blowing your nose' means with very little effort or pain. 

Appox 8-10 billion a year. Maybe I'm being conservative in predicting the amount raised as this link says "at least" although it does factor in certain other offshoots. Although tax revenues are very changeable, they move like water. 

https://www.ippr.org/media-office/slug-1306b49118532fe333771b8f2c1b31d3

3 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

I saw an interview Amy Garcia did with Sunak on Look North earlier.

I’ll declare that I like Amy. She’s easy on the eye, from Wakefield, went to a school my school used to be sworn enemies with, and worked on the market as a teenager. 

He just came across as dismissive and disrespectful. His answers were dialled in, and delivered with an air of someone outraged that he was being asked questions by someone ‘not of his breeding’. 

She’s twice the man he is. 

IMG_5998.jpeg

IMG_5997.jpeg

Kettlethorpe High she went to didn’t she??

• Upvote 1

Tory sources are pretty much conceding defeat in the Wellingborough by-election. Peter Bone’s old seat. 

While Starmer’s Labour don’t really appeal to me, personally. It’s good to see the Tories getting their arses handed to them. A good showing for Reform UK too. This, equally, is quite bad news for the Tories. 

6 minutes ago, Nelly-Szoboszlai said:

Tory sources are pretty much conceding defeat in the Wellingborough by-election. Peter Bone’s old seat. 

While Starmer’s Labour don’t really appeal to me, personally. It’s good to see the Tories getting their arses handed to them. A good showing for Reform UK too. This, equally, is quite bad news for the Tories. 

BBC reporting that the Lib Dems candidate in Wellingborough thinks that she may have lost her deposit. 

Oh dear! 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, Nelly-Szoboszlai said:

BBC reporting that the Lib Dems candidate in Wellingborough thinks that she may have lost her deposit. 

Oh dear! 

Shows how shit they are if they can't even gain votes in that perverted arl cunts old seat. It's almost like people don't forget what they contributed to the state of this country. 

3 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Haha, that's like the Milni/greeting thing we do at Indian weddings, where both families chuck in kids who clearly don't want to do the meet and greet in front of loads of people and the photographers.

• 2 weeks later...

Question about why Liz Truss is being allowed to stand as a Tory MP given she’s been slagging the UK off and playing up with right wing extremists. Sunak replied with a rant about Corbyn. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Question about why Liz Truss is being allowed to stand as a Tory MP given she’s been slagging the UK off and playing up with right wing extremists. Sunak replied with a rant about Corbyn. 

Would that be the Corbyn who  no longer sits as a Labour MP,  He's such a fucking gobshite who is completely out of his depth 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tj hooker said:

Would that be the Corbyn who  no longer sits as a Labour MP,  He's such a fucking gobshite who is completely out of his depth 

Yep. It’s all he’s got. Not once again did he answer a question from starmer. Nobody pulls him up on it. It’s bad enough having a twat of a PM but the speaker is as useless and spineless as anyone else in the house. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Here he goes again, more lies about Corbyn. Just fuck off you little gobshite 

The real reason Corbyn is an easy target is because his own leader/party threw him under the bus. Loopy Liz meanwhile is allowed to say right wing conspiracy rubbish and be uncensored by her own side. 

10 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

The real reason Corbyn is an easy target is because his own leader/party threw him under the bus. Loopy Liz meanwhile is allowed to say right wing conspiracy rubbish and be uncensored by her own side. 

It’s like arguing with your bird if she does something annoying. “Yeah but you drank all the Xmas whisky 4 years ago” and they wonder why you’re stood against the wall banging your head off it