You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brighton (H) - Sat 1st Oct 2022 (3:00pm)

Trumo

Our players still look screwed. I was wrong though, don't think we need 2 midfielders, need 3. 

Don't worry FSG, the rate we are going you will have the excuse of "without CL we cannot responsibly afford now, especially under FFP (please ignore Chelsea), to buy or even attract the 3 players we were definetly otherwise going to buy for £200m"

It will knock way more off their asset value than it would have cost them to sort it in the first place. Genius businessmen my backside, tight arrogant clowns more like! 

• Upvote 1

Just now, J-V said:

How many people were calling for a new contract for Mo after his return from the Afcon and as for Henderson that was a while ago but plenty were saying don't offer him one.

I was one of the people saying both should get less years on their deal as they both would be hitting 34/35/36 on huge deals. That was far from the prevailing opinion though, I think we both can guess what the general consensus was and what it was driven by.

17 minutes ago, J-V said:

Henderson was better than fabinho and thiago.  Says more about the other two than anything.

Henderson’s involvement in the first goal, or rather him refusing to get involved in anything resembling a challenge, was a fucking disgrace. Apart from that he was just poor. Worst player on the pitch by some distance.

• Upvote 1

Just now, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Yeah knowing us. All joking apart I’ve had my fill I think, not been that arsed for years due to personal issues but now I think I might be done.

After the highs of last season and the deflation at the end only to quickly be back into the New Season is draining and we're not even kicking a ball.

18 minutes ago, an tha said:

Terrible result.

We got ourselves out of jail and showed absolutely no composure or ability to see it out.

Defending was abysmal at times (as usual not helped by the lack of help from the midfield)  - but shite lile kicking it up in the air when clearing, trying to play out with risky attempts at passrs and losing it, is not on....we make games like basketball and teams who are half decent get so many chances - Brighton could have scored 6 today quite realistically.

We are now 11 pts off the top - 11 fucking points - a top 4 finish looks dicey frankly given how poor we are looking and how we give teams chances.

We are in a fair bit of trouble at the moment - even with the comeback today which was good to see, fact is we didn't see job through - and because we have already dropped so many pts that result today is a desperate one - the point from two down argument does not wash with me when in position we are in.

What we are doing bringing Milner on as well - it baffles me....

It's a mess.

I'd have probably settled for 2-2 at half time, but to turn it around and then just throw it away again leaves it just feeling like yet another miserable result. The equalizer always looked like it was coming too. Season just seems to be a write off to me now. There's just so much wrong that I don't know how it all gets fixed. We look like a team that has come to the end of a cycle and needs a complete rebuild. I can see us missing out on top 4. We've picked a really shit year to do this. Last year Spurs, Arsenal, and United were all so flawed that the race for top 4 was like a bunch of bald men arguing over a comb. We could have dropped off massively and still probably made top 4 easily. This year Arsenal and Spurs look much better, and even United are starting to resemble a functioning football team. It's too large a sample size not to be worried now and none of the problems seem to be getting fixed. Time after time we just seem to get easily sliced open defensively, and the worrying thing is we've still not played anyone especially good in the league. I can see a few games against top 4 rivals ending up like the Napoli game if we don't sort things out quickly.

We've been spoilt in the last few years so I'm going to try and keep some sort of perspective and tell myself it's just football and that there will always be ups and downs. 

1 hour ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Not fair on Firmino but he made a huge mistake keeping Salah. It was clear from January onwards how far he had fallen. They should have cashed in or done their absolute best to keep Manè. 

Nah, Mane could go as well.  

This whole shitshow seems to have unravelled from the moment Klopp played favourites with wages.  There's a bad stink coming off the team, it's not right, it's deeper than form or fitness. 

2 minutes ago, HBenn said:

Our players still look screwed. I was wrong though, don't think we need 2 midfielders, need 3. 

Don't worry FSG, the rate we are going you will have the excuse of "without CL we cannot responsibly afford now, especially under FFP (please ignore Chelsea), to buy or even attract the 3 players we were definetly otherwise going to buy for £200m"

It will knock way more off their asset value than it would have cost them to sort it in the first place. Genius businessmen my backside, tight arrogant clowns more like! 

This unfortunately is spot on. Three is the least we need,

1 minute ago, TD_LFC said:

I was one of the people saying both should get less years on their deal as they both would be hitting 34/35/36 on huge deals. That was far from the prevailing opinion though, I think we both can guess what the general consensus was and what it was driven by.

Rule of thumb go the opposite of whatever the majority say on here and you'll get the correct answer.

7 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Henderson’s involvement in the first goal, or rather him refusing to get involved in anything resembling a challenge, was a fucking disgrace. Apart from that he was just poor. Worst player on the pitch by some distance.

Fucked up for the first goal and set up our first goal. Yet Trent constantly fucked up and gifted them their second goal with a fuck up.  Trent was easily the worse player on the pitch though he was in good company.

4 minutes ago, mike23 said:

I'd have probably settled for 2-2 at half time, but to turn it around and then just throw it away again leaves it just feeling like yet another miserable result. The equalizer always looked like it was coming too. Season just seems to be a write off to me now. There's just so much wrong that I don't know how it all gets fixed. We look like a team that has come to the end of a cycle and needs a complete rebuild. I can see us missing out on top 4. We've picked a really shit year to do this. Last year Spurs, Arsenal, and United were all so flawed that the race for top 4 was like a bunch of bald men arguing over a comb. We could have dropped off massively and still probably made top 4 easily. This year Arsenal and Spurs look much better, and even United are starting to resemble a functioning football team. It's too large a sample size not to be worried now and none of the problems seem to be getting fixed. Time after time we just seem to get easily sliced open defensively, and the worrying thing is we've still not played anyone especially good in the league. I can see a few games against top 4 rivals ending up like the Napoli game if we don't sort things out quickly.

We've been spoilt in the last few years so I'm going to try and keep some sort of perspective and tell myself it's just football and that there will always be ups and downs. 

Agree will always be ups and downs - but it feels to me that are downs (for want of a better word) are self inflicted wounds and that is frustrating.

Van Dijk and Matip were shit. 

Gomez has been shit. 

It's all too casual, minimum effort stuff. Not properly hitting their stride when running, not passing carefully enough, and not getting out to players quick enough.  

Contrast with how rapid Saliba and Gabriel were when dealing with Kane and Son earlier.  Intensity, concentration, effort.   It's slackness on an industrial scale throughout the team.  

2 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Van Dijk and Matip were shit. 

Gomez has been shit. 

It's all too casual, minimum effort stuff. Not properly hitting their stride when running, not passing carefully enough, and not getting out to players quick enough.  

Contrast with how rapid Saliba and Gabriel were when dealing with Kane and Son earlier.  Intensity, concentration, effort.   It's slackness on an industrial scale throughout the team.  

Oi, it's the midfield, only the midfield and nothing but the midfield.

Anything else is tricks and illusions to distract you from the real, and sole, cause.