You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

This New Chelsea Owner

Bjornebye

28 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Not sure this is going too well in truth, considering they have spent north of 800B and have all their players on weird eight year contracts...

Goalkeepers

Kepa
 ̶M̶e̶n̶d̶y̶

Defenders

Thiago Silva - Old
Wesley Fofana - Decent
 ̶K̶a̶l̶i̶d̶o̶u̶ ̶K̶o̶u̶l̶i̶b̶a̶l̶y̶
 ̶A̶z̶p̶i̶l̶i̶c̶u̶e̶t̶a̶
Reece James - Decent
Ben Chilwell - Decent, but not great.
Marc Curucella - Poor signing.
Trevor Chalobah - Looks like Bambi in the headlights at times.
Badiashile - No idea, seemed to be playing regularly.

Midfielders

̶N̶'̶g̶o̶l̶o̶ ̶K̶a̶n̶t̶e̶
Enzo Fernandez - Jury out
 ̶R̶u̶b̶e̶n̶ ̶L̶o̶f̶t̶u̶s̶ ̶C̶h̶e̶e̶k̶
Conor Gallagher - Shite
 ̶M̶a̶t̶e̶o̶ ̶K̶o̶v̶a̶c̶i̶c̶
 ̶D̶e̶n̶i̶s̶ ̶Z̶a̶k̶a̶r̶i̶a̶
Carney Chukuemeka - Looks promising
Lewis Hall - Be at Sunderland within two years.
 ̶M̶a̶s̶o̶n̶ ̶M̶o̶u̶n̶t̶

Strikers

̶A̶u̶b̶a̶m̶e̶y̶a̶n̶g̶ - Going, surely.
 ̶C̶h̶r̶i̶s̶t̶i̶a̶n̶ ̶P̶u̶l̶i̶s̶i̶c̶ - Gone Soon

Hakim Ziyech - Bust Knee
 ̶J̶o̶a̶o̶ ̶F̶e̶l̶i̶x̶
 ̶K̶a̶i̶ ̶H̶a̶v̶e̶r̶t̶z̶
 ̶D̶a̶v̶i̶d̶ ̶F̶o̶f̶a̶n̶a̶ - Going on loan
Raheem Sterling - Been quite poor
Mudryk - Looks useless
Broja - Meh
Noni Madueke - Looked decent, but raw
R̶o̶m̶e̶l̶u̶ ̶L̶u̶k̶a̶k̶u̶ - Doesn't want to be there and will be shunted out as soon cash is offered
 ̶C̶a̶l̶u̶m̶ ̶H̶u̶d̶s̶o̶n̶ ̶O̶d̶o̶i̶ ̶- Sold or loan, surely.

Nickolas Jackson - No idea

Christopher Nkunku - Looks promising.

How the fuck can you spend that much and not have a midfield, a solid back four, a keeper better than avarage or a striker guarenteed to get you 20 a season. 

Madness.

I think they'll struggle again this year as their scattergun approch has built a weird squad.

Those midfield options are pitiful. 

Unfortunately, Caicedo is much needed and will improve them quite a bit. 

This is how Spurs lined up in Madrid…

IMG_9493.jpeg

Based on that side, I know they’ll likely sign more than Caicedo, based on what we know, I reckon Chelsea start the season along the lines of…

James 

Silva 

Forfana

Chilwell

Caicedo

Fernandez

Sterling 

Gallagher

Madueke

Nunkuku 

4 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Those midfield options are pitiful. 

Unfortunately, Caicedo is much needed and will improve them quite a bit. 

This is how Spurs lined up in Madrid…

IMG_9493.jpeg

Quite mad how so much money has been wasted, Fernandez looks good and, perhaps without Fat Frank telling him to ghost in the box late, he'll come good.

The rest, awful, and I don't think just one guy coming in will paper over those cracks.

They need quality throughout the team despite having spent astronomical amounts of cash.

4 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Quite mad how so much money has been wasted, Fernandez looks good and, perhaps without Fat Frank telling him to ghost in the box late, he'll come good.

The rest, awful, and I don't think just one guy coming in will paper over those cracks.

They need quality throughout the team despite having spent astronomical amounts of cash.

I think awful is a bit far. There is a decent 11 but not really much beneath that. With no Europe, they can likely get by with a smaller squad this season. 

There has been a serious mismanagement of funds / squad though. 

Assume Colwill will break into that side this season. 

2 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I think awful is a bit far. There is a decent 11 but not really much beneath that.

Serious mismanagement of funds / squad. 

Assume Colwill will break into that side this season. 

I was thinking about the outlay and losses.

First 11 looks decent on paper and they have a few kids knocking about who are usefull, but christ the bones of 600M squandered and your bench looks mid table, at best.

Just now, Bruce Spanner said:

I was thinking about the outlay and losses.

First 11 looks decent on paper and they have a few kids knocking about who are usefull, but christ the bones of 600B squandered and your bench looks mid table, at best.

Agree. It’s almost Everton-esq. 

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...
57 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

It's brilliant how shit they are. I think the jury is very much out on if pochetino is a good manager though. But I think the key here is as much as they've spent, their focus seems to be on anything they can lay their hand on without any thought what they actually need. 

Thing with Pochettino is that he did well with smaller clubs building them up with coherent tactics, and didn’t need to worry about managing squads full of money and egos.

Then the next two jobs he takes are probably the two worst for chucking money around with no idea with players and agents ruling the place. You’d think he might have learned his lesson after being a bit shit at PSG.

Maybe he’ll go to Man Utd next to complete the set.

3 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Thing with Pochettino is that he did well with smaller clubs building them up with coherent tactics, and didn’t need to worry about managing squads full of money and egos.

Then the next two jobs he takes are probably the two worst for chucking money around with no idea with players and agents ruling the place. You’d think he might have learned his lesson after being a bit shit at PSG.

Maybe he’ll go to Man Utd next to complete the set.

Yeah, but that's football though isn't it. We showed for many years as a club we could have players who's egos outstripped their performance for the club and it took klopp to align everything. Would pochetino be any good at a club like ours? I don't know. 

To be fair to abramovic, he seemed to understand he had those types of ego's at the club when he ran things, but he got managers who could take that in their stride, if only for a couple of years at a time. This fella now seems to think he's hit on some new magic formula. He's not signing the same players abramovic would have. Yet, he seems to be creating a similar dressing room of overpaid egos. Which is more glorious as they have them all on 8 year contracts. 

5 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Yeah, but that's football though isn't it. We showed for many years as a club we could have players who's egos outstripped their performance for the club and it took klopp to align everything. Would pochetino be any good at a club like ours? I don't know. 

To be fair to abramovic, he seemed to understand he had those types of ego's at the club when he ran things, but he got managers who could take that in their stride, if only for a couple of years at a time. This fella now seems to think he's hit on some new magic formula. He's not signing the same players abramovic would have. Yet, he seems to be creating a similar dressing room of overpaid egos. Which is more glorious as they have them all on 8 year contracts. 

Yeah, who the fuck knows what Boehly’s doing? It’s brilliant how crap they are with all that money spent. Can only think the Saudi money thing is true so they really just don’t give a shit that they have spunked a billion quid up the wall to get worse.

8 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Yeah, who the fuck knows what Boehly’s doing? It’s brilliant how crap they are with all that money spent. Can only think the Saudi money thing is true so they really just don’t give a shit that they have spunked a billion quid up the wall to get worse.

I wonder if he believed the punishment for breaking ffp would be no more than financial, so not really different to the taxes they get hit with in the states for breaching salary caps? Everton's punishment must scare the shit out of him. 

They'll have about 10 Winston Bogardes on the books refusing to leave but for 8 years instead of 3. Fucking glorious. Hope they end up like they were before Abramovich took over and they are financial fucked forever. 

Anymore overpriced shit players we can pretend to sign in January so they come in with a late bid and overpay for them?

I think they've signed a lot of the kind of players that look to other to go win them things. There are a few exceptions, Fernandez especially. Colwill, Chilwell and James all want to bear responsibility, but have obv injury issues (for two). Plus Gallagher and Palmer, but the question with them is their quality. 

I don’t know what to make of Chelsea, apart from the fact they are a bit shit. 

I mean, this isn’t a bad starting 11 at all…

IMG_0485.jpeg

… then you break it down. 

Alisson, Ederson, even that lad at Spurs… Sanchez isnt good enough. 

James is always injured. Cucurella is bang average, paying £60m for him, Brighton much be laughing their cocks off. 

I’ve no opinions on the centre backs. Given we got Konate for cheaper, they don’t look particularly good value for money. 

Endo and Caicedo should be a good pairing. When you compare them to players who have gone for similar fees (particularly Rice & Bellingham) they are nowhere near hitting those heights. 

Mudryk has been awful. £60m on a player who has played 30 games in the Ukraine or CL… flabbergasting. 

Lavia & Nkunku are yet to play. Forfana was never an £80m player. Has Chukwuemeka featured at all? Madueke hasn’t done much. Cole looks a decent player. 

What a colossal waste of money. If they don’t qualify for the CL again, it would be brilliant if there is some sort of fire sale.