You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football 22/23

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, JohnnyH said:

Conor Coady’s loan at Everton not being made permanent. Imagine Everton not even wanting you 

Don’t think they can afford him, and most of their fans wanted rid of him anyway.

10 minutes ago, s(k)aturation said:

Anyone arsed about watching Keegan's old kraut mob, away in the 1st leg, trying to supplant Stuttgart in the Bundesliga?

Big crowd and good atmosphere in Black Forest/Klopp territory by the look... 47,000 sellout.

Guess nobody saw Stuttgart’s first minute goal. 

Anthony Taylor may be a Manc and not that good a referee but this is all on Mourinho. He was fucking moaning all game and trying to manipulate every decision to go in their favour. His team sat back and did fuck all for long periods and just wanted to score off a set piece or long ball over the top.

He also was a massive twat going up first before the medals being presented to storm off the podium and taking his medal off in a hissy fit. 

Most of the best refs in history would have had a tough time reffing that match. Sevilla were also acting like a gang of cunts. 

Roma and Italians in general whining about refs is funny given that they have a history of paying them off and bribing them with brasses and free holidays. 

Roma only got to the 1984 final by paying off a ref to help them overturn a 2-0 first leg deficit.

_methode_times_prod_web_bin_1baeee4c-6861-11e9-adc2-05e1b87efaea.jpg

• Upvote 1

It’s all on Mourinho. This is up there with when he poked the Barca assistant coach in the eye.

we only know what he said in English. What the fuck did he say in Italian?

I can’t remember one major talking point from the match? And I had no skin in the game. 
A horrible winner & a thunder cunt of a loser. 

• Upvote 1

On 01/06/2023 at 09:17, coachpotato said:

I can’t feel sorry for Taylor, or many of our officials, placed in that situation.

They get bullied by European teams more used to using shithouse tactics than anything they encounter in the Premier League and they put up with it, yet when they officiate in the PL, they allow the likes of Newcastle to get away with time wasting and feigning injury which actually penalises teams like ours more, who tend to get on with the game and at least try to provide something for the fans to watch.

14 yellow cards dished out and 25 minutes of added time across the entire game.

Hard to imagine there wasn’t a red in there somewhere that might have made the two teams come to their senses had it been used, and while the referees are supposed to officiate on what is in front of them, I can’t help but think sometimes what they are thinking when they see skullduggery going on in front of them.

Sorry mate, thats wrong. Whatever we think of decisions or of him, he nor any other ref doesn’t deserve that.

we’re all passionate about the sport and our teams but that’s going to far. Seeing chairs being lobbed at him and his missus at the airport is shocking. Fans need to get a grip.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

Agreed. Anthony Taylor is a fucking terrible ref, not disputing that, but there's no defending any violent behaviour towards him or any other ref.

I actually don’t know what Mourinho’s problem from the game was? I thought Taylor did Ok in very, very difficult circumstances.

10 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I actually don’t know what Mourinho’s problem from the game was? I thought Taylor did Ok in very, very difficult circumstances.

Agree with that. We’ve suffered far worse at Taylor’s hands. There was nothing the other night that compared with the Salah/Silva situation or the Haaland goal that VAR forced him to disallow after he failed to blow for three separate fouls in the build up. His performance that day, now that was ‘fucking disgusting’.

1 minute ago, DaveT said:

Agree with that. We’ve suffered far worse at Taylor’s hands. There was nothing the other night that compared with the Salah/Silva situation or the Haaland goal that VAR forced him to disallow after he failed to blow for three separate fouls in the build up. His performance that day, now that was ‘fucking disgusting’.

Apart from those decisions above, I thought he referred the Man City game well.

He was letting fouls like the one on Fabinho go all game (wasn’t the shirt pull on the other side of him?) and the ball being kicked from Alisson’s hands was impossible to spot. 

The Mo / Silva decision was an absolute howler but not really a game changing moment. 

He was worse in the Brentford game in April. 

I actually think Mancony Taylor is one of the better refs. Which is a back handed compliment really given the piss poor standard. 

While it's completely unacceptable the way that ref was treated, and their's a responsibility on players and managers to set an example, the complete reluctance to hold referee's to any sort of account will only continue to feed this over-reaction.

When you have accounts like @RefSupportUK becoming more prominent yet completely refusing to acknowledge contentious decisions and acting like ref's are above reproach, or Referee's going on Sky and BT to defend the indefensible then people will get increasingly frustrated.